Now let's calm down

tmfr15

The season ended and the rumors began. Too many to count and too many for almost any of them to be legit. In my estimation....here's the state of Husker football now. I believe that, while he's really disappointed at not having met a lot of team goals this year, Bo isn't unhappy as the Husker head coach. I believe he has jumped into recruiting and has pushed onward. Call me naive, but I don't buy one ounce of the BO to Miami talk. I just don't. Someone from the U may have called, may have talked to Bo, and may have indirectly gauged his interest. He showed none, can't believe it got out on such a wide scale basis, and wants it to go away. I don't think he was all that troubled by the TAMU stuff as we might all like to think. I think Bo knows himself, his own passion level, and hates to lose no matter what the reason for the loss is. His emotions got the better of him. I think he feels bad that he may have let down TO by doing what he did. He feels a deep sense of connection to UNL, because Frank gave him the DC gig. Because TO gave him the head coaching gig. He's not going any where. He wants to win a title here. And, yes, he is frustrated with the offense, but not as frustrated as we think. I think he realizes we are a bit snake bit right now with injuries and inexperience at the most key spot on offense, QB. I think BO has done a GREAT job of addressing this through strong recruiting at the position. It will get better. Lastly, I have a feeling Taylor isn't going anywhere and will still have a chance to be a great QB at Nebraska. Sure, Bo yelled at him on the sideline. Big deal. Bo yells at a lot of people, and none have bolted yet.

I am going to check this thread a few times to get an idea what you guys think. And then I am bolting from the board until, ohhhh, sometime in early August. I can't take these rumors. If some are true, then I will just go down in the bunker, come out in a number of months and assess the damage then. From there its onward and upward.

Later all

The season ended and the rumors began. Too many to count and too many for almost any of them to be legit. In my estimation....here's the state of Husker football now. I believe that, while he's really disappointed at not having met a lot of team goals this year, Bo isn't unhappy as the Husker head coach. I believe he has jumped into recruiting and has pushed onward. Call me naive, but I don't buy one ounce of the BO to Miami talk. I just don't. Someone from the U may have called, may have talked to Bo, and may have indirectly gauged his interest. He showed none, can't believe it got out on such a wide scale basis, and wants it to go away. I don't think he was all that troubled by the TAMU stuff as we might all like to think. I think Bo knows himself, his own passion level, and hates to lose no matter what the reason for the loss is. His emotions got the better of him. I think he feels bad that he may have let down TO by doing what he did. He feels a deep sense of connection to UNL, because Frank gave him the DC gig. Because TO gave him the head coaching gig. He's not going any where. He wants to win a title here. And, yes, he is frustrated with the offense, but not as frustrated as we think. I think he realizes we are a bit snake bit right now with injuries and inexperience at the most key spot on offense, QB. I think BO has done a GREAT job of addressing this through strong recruiting at the position. It will get better. Lastly, I have a feeling Taylor isn't going anywhere and will still have a chance to be a great QB at Nebraska. Sure, Bo yelled at him on the sideline. Big deal. Bo yells at a lot of people, and none have bolted yet.

I am going to check this thread a few times to get an idea what you guys think. And then I am bolting from the board until, ohhhh, sometime in early August. I can't take these rumors. If some are true, then I will just go down in the bunker, come out in a number of months and assess the damage then. From there its onward and upward.

Later all

See ya in August :thumbs

Later all

I am not worried of the misinformation from the media and/or the internet frenzy.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Later tfmr15

I'm more worried about recruiting rumors now! Can't you give me a break!!!!!! Pretty obvious that everything is still intact for next season. We don't have anyone looking at Barney as a head coach. Bowl game is a win/lose who really cares. Basically the only things I can think of is Braylon Heards SAT/ACT scores and how much Bubba Starling gets offered from the pros. Until next fall it's kind of a yawner. Just glad we didn't get all that snow and the fact that it's warmer in Nebraska than Florida sometimes!!

I am patiently waiting for Washington. True, the game doesn't mean much as far as national attention goes, but the Huskers need to roll and end this season on a positive note. I will be watching the game in my Husker gear just like I always do. It doesn't matter who is playing QB, RB, DB, or water boy. This is our team and I am damned proud to be a Husker fan. I don't post very often, but I read a lot of the threads and I agree. Let's calm down. We have a lot to look forward to.

I'm more worried about recruiting rumors now! Can't you give me a break!!!!!! Pretty obvious that everything is still intact for next season. We don't have anyone looking at Barney as a head coach. Bowl game is a win/lose who really cares. Basically the only things I can think of is Braylon Heards SAT/ACT scores and how much Bubba Starling gets offered from the pros. Until next fall it's kind of a yawner. Just glad we didn't get all that snow and the fact that it's warmer in Nebraska than Florida sometimes!!

I would say it sounds like we have guys who are really looking around at promotion opportunities, so we may not be out of the woods yet. If not this year then soon and probably next. Watson and Papuchis. I hope Muschamp doesn't get JP to go with him to Florida, but you never know. Seems like Malzahn will go to Vandy...but regardless I think we should brace a little bit, not the least because we might lose some of our top CB recruits again...

I mean seriously now, what is with 4-star CB commitments and not actually making it to Lincoln?

Bubba is never setting foot in Lincoln again unless whoever has the first pick in the MLB draft plays an exhibition in Haymarket. Last years #1 pick received a $9.9 million contract. Lincoln is fun, but it isn't THAT much fun.

I don't think he would step foot in Lincoln regardless. Bubba committed in large part to Shawn Watson. If Wats is not here, then I don't see Bubba being here.

Bubba is never setting foot in Lincoln again unless whoever has the first pick in the MLB draft plays an exhibition in Haymarket. Last years #1 pick received a $9.9 million contract. Lincoln is fun, but it isn't THAT much fun.

I don't think he would step foot in Lincoln regardless. Bubba committed in large part to Shawn Watson. If Wats is not here, then I don't see Bubba being here.

But... Wats will be here won't he? BigWillie you often seem to be on target with these kinds of things --- are you inclined to think that Watson is going someplace?