Monday's post-practice interview

Fuzzy

All Bo has to do is feed the media some BS-off the shelf response to the questions. "I spoke to Miami's AD about some recommendations" or "I respectfully declined an interview". He is hell-bent on keeping people in the dark about what happens (starting QB, Miami job, etc.) It's almost as if he's is daring someone to ask him these questions that he's previously said 'no comment' to, so he has an excuse to act the way he does.

He needs to realize that he has a job as a HC and reporters have a job to report, both of them are going to do what it takes to be proficient at their profession. The media is going to dig until they get something, give 'em something Bo.

He already addressed it twice and said he wasn't going to address it again. If a reporter wants to keep asking, he shouldn't be surprised when it blows up in his face.

All Bo has to do is feed the media some BS-off the shelf response to the questions. "I spoke to Miami's AD about some recommendations" or "I respectfully declined an interview". He is hell-bent on keeping people in the dark about what happens (starting QB, Miami job, etc.) It's almost as if he's is daring someone to ask him these questions that he's previously said 'no comment' to, so he has an excuse to act the way he does.

He needs to realize that he has a job as a HC and reporters have a job to report, both of them are going to do what it takes to be proficient at their profession. The media is going to dig until they get something, give 'em something Bo.

He already addressed it twice and said he wasn't going to address it again. If a reporter wants to keep asking, he shouldn't be surprised when it blows up in his face.

There's a huge difference between "addressing" it and "answering" it. Bo made non-descriptive, noncommittal comments. It is natural and obligatory for the press to ask him to fill in the blanks that he left unfilled.

Isn't the miami thingie already settled???

The "what" is settled. The "why" still remains quite unsettled, and is the primary thing Husker Fan wants to know about.

there is no "why"... nothing happened

You don't know nothing happened. You can surmise that, and there's evidence to support that, but there's also evidence to support that he actually did talk to Miami. Neither side of that evidentiary question has much solidity, and Bo could have provided that solidity and put this to bed by answering a couple of quick questions. It is the job of the reporters to ask those questions.

Miami has picked their head coach, so i could care less about the Miami/Bo rumors. Its a done deal. The only "why" that still remains to me, is why should care anymore about Miami and Bo when the Canes already picked their new head coach. The attention should be shifting back to Watson and JP.

Miami has picked their head coach, so i could care less about the Miami/Bo rumors. Its a done deal. The only "why" that still remains to me, is why should care anymore about Miami and Bo when the Canes already picked their new head coach. The attention should be shifting back to Watson and JP.

So you wouldn't read the article in which Bo gives an account for what happened and what he was thinking during the past several days? That's surprising.

So you wouldn't read the article in which Bo gives an account for what happened and what he was thinking during the past several days? That's surprising.

Reality says it would never happen...he is done talking about it. But I bet he gets asked about it again dedhoarse

I would read it sure, but it doesn't mean that I'm demanding to know.

I would demand to know what happened if he really did go to Miami, but since he didn't and he is staying here at Nebraska, i don't see the point of knowing facts about a circumstance that didn't come true.

I would read it sure, but it doesn't mean that I'm demanding to know.

I would demand to know what happened if he really did go to Miami, but since he didn't and he is staying here at Nebraska, i don't see the point of knowing facts about a circumstance that didn't come true.

You don't see the point of finding out how committed our Head Coach is to this program? You don't see the point of finding out if there is friction between our Head Coach and the Administration?

The story doesn't necessarily end because Bo didn't go to Miami. There are plenty of pertinent questions remaining, and the fact that the press is asking them shows that they're doing their job. I will readily agree that the press (especially Eric Olson) can be asshats, but in this instance, they are simply doing their job.

Every media member and their families need to have a BBQ with Bo and his family or something. Get to know eachother on a personal basis and see how everyone is outside of the press room. Maybe Bo would look at the media like more than just a pack of hungry dogs and they will look at Bo like more than a a-hole.

, and is the primary thing Husker Fan wants to know about.

Why? It is a dead horse and why even care. Bo said he isn't going and that should be enough.

I believe that the only people who do care are the same people that has to know what Brittney Spears does everyday.

Questions they could've asked...

"Hey coach is Nebraska a Legend or a Leader in your eyes?"

"Hey coach should you have had a big10 award named after you?"

"Hey coach what's your favorite big10 mascot?"

This is kinda fun.

"Hey coach, how do you feel about this year's recruiting class? And what are the plans for recruiting from now til the bowl game?"

"Hey coach, what's the vibe you're getting from your players as you begin prep for WU?"

"Hey coach, having not accomplished your goal of winning the B12 title, what's your next goal at this stage in the season?"

This is kinda fun.

"Hey coach, how do you feel about this year's recruiting class? And what are the plans for recruiting from now til the bowl game?"

"Hey coach, what's the vibe you're getting from your players as you begin prep for WU?"

"Hey coach, having not accomplished your goal of winning the B12 title, what's your next goal at this stage in the season?"

"Hey coach, multiple sources report that you discussed the head coaching position at Miami with the Miami AD. Are you committed to this program, or are you looking to move on?"

"Hey coach, our biggest recruit, Aaron Green, openly questioned whether you were going to be with the program and mentioned on his Facebook account that he might have to reopen the recruiting process. Do you think your failure to immediately and without question quash those rumors could have harmed your recruiting class?"

This is pretty easy.

This is kinda fun.

"Hey coach, multiple sources report that you discussed the head coaching position at Miami with the Miami AD. Are you committed to this program, or are you looking to move on?"

"Hey coach, our biggest recruit, Aaron Green, openly questioned whether you were going to be with the program and mentioned on his Facebook account that he might have to reopen the recruiting process. Do you think your failure to immediately and without question quash those rumors could have harmed your recruiting class?"

This is pretty easy.

Knapp, you know as well as everyone else, you wouldn't get half way through either one of those questions without him interrupting and telling you to shut up.

The media needs to learn how to work with Bo because he is not a typical spotlight-loving coach. If they asked the right questions he would give some nice quotes and sound bytes. As it is, they asks all the wrong questions and get nothing worthwhile to talk about.

imho, the questions in bold would get the best quotes out of him. At least they'd have something to put in their articles.

Knapp, you know as well as everyone else, you wouldn't get half way through either one of those questions without him interrupting and telling you to shut up.

The media needs to learn how to work with Bo because he is not a typical spotlight-loving coach. If they asked the right questions he would give some nice quotes and sound bytes. As it is, they asks all the wrong questions and get nothing worthwhile to talk about.

imho, the questions in bold would get the best quotes out of him. At least they'd have something to put in their articles.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean the questions don't need to be asked. Think of it like a football game. You know darned good and well that the trap isn't going to work, but you keep calling that play because (you hope) the safeties creep up and they fall victim to the play-action. It's a process, sometimes.

Some reporters (I believe I've mentioned Eric Olson) go about it the wrong way, and if you pay attention to Bo's pressers he really doesn't like Olson, and lets him have it many times. Others, including most of the beat writers from Lincoln and Omaha, have established a rapport with Bo, and sooner or later it'll come out in print what happened, and why.

These questions aren't always the quickly flowing river. Sometimes they're the little drip on the stone that, over time, erodes a passage. That's what the locals are dealing with when it comes to Bo. He's softening.