Monday's post-practice interview

Fuzzy

Knapp, you know as well as everyone else, you wouldn't get half way through either one of those questions without him interrupting and telling you to shut up.

The media needs to learn how to work with Bo because he is not a typical spotlight-loving coach. If they asked the right questions he would give some nice quotes and sound bytes. As it is, they asks all the wrong questions and get nothing worthwhile to talk about.

imho, the questions in bold would get the best quotes out of him. At least they'd have something to put in their articles.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean the questions don't need to be asked. Think of it like a football game. You know darned good and well that the trap isn't going to work, but you keep calling that play because (you hope) the safeties creep up and they fall victim to the play-action. It's a process, sometimes.

Some reporters (I believe I've mentioned Eric Olson) go about it the wrong way, and if you pay attention to Bo's pressers he really doesn't like Olson, and lets him have it many times. Others, including most of the beat writers from Lincoln and Omaha, have established a rapport with Bo, and sooner or later it'll come out in print what happened, and why.

These questions aren't always the quickly flowing river. Sometimes they're the little drip on the stone that, over time, erodes a passage. That's what the locals are dealing with when it comes to Bo. He's softening.

I don't so much have a problem with him asking about Miami, but when that got shot down all the other questions were dumb. It's like they thought the whole thing would be about that and didn't know what to say when it got shot down. I think the next question was like "So, your getting ready for the bowl, then?" Bo: "Yes" "Like what, game prep"? Bo: "yeah, game prep".

They wasted his time and gave fans (the people watching this crap) no new information at all. It really wouldn't be hard to come up with a second or third question.

As it stands, they might as well have not asked anything. They got no information, and yes, it would be nice to ask information relevant to the team. One guy asked about Niles and that's it. They could have asked about Papuchi(sp) to UT/FL or any number of things.

As I said earlier, I'm not saying they shouldn't ask about Miami, my main complaint is all their other questions were dumb. I don't even know what I'm talking about now because I hurt my neck and painkillers are kicking in. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, that's the stuff. :D

As it stands, they might as well have not asked anything. They got no information, and yes, it would be nice to ask information relevant to the team. One guy asked about Niles and that's it. They could have asked about Papuchi(sp) to UT/FL or any number of things.

As I said earlier, I'm not saying they shouldn't ask about Miami, my main complaint is all their other questions were dumb. I don't even know what I'm talking about now because I hurt my neck and painkillers are kicking in. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, that's the stuff. :D

99% of the time I'm the guy leading the "the press (especially Eric Olson) is dumb" parade. This time it's different, though.

Actually, for me, I think a lot of things are different after this little episode with Bo. We'll see. Still love the guy, but it's different now.

99% of the time I'm the guy leading the "the press (especially Eric Olson) is dumb" parade. This time it's different, though.

Actually, for me, I think a lot of things are different after this little episode with Bo. We'll see. Still love the guy, but it's different now.

"This little episode" being the whole Miami job thing? I wasn't following it very closely but it seemed like they put the kabosh on it pretty quick. What made you feel like it was different?

The way I look at it, Bo doesn't owe me (as a fan) anything, but to help put on the field the best football team he can. If he does this, the other things like his media relations pale in comparison. Honestly, his gruffness toward the media is kind of endearing sometimes. That said, it would be nice if he could give reporters a little more substance in his answers and show some appreciation for the jobs they do. And not treat the intense fan interest with such apparent resentment.

i wouldnt hold your breath for it to eventually come out knapplc. if Bo is consistent at one thing, its that when he says he's finished with a subject, he's freakin finished with it.

those holding their breath wondering about such things as cody glenns dismissal, whether Bo stood up for Carl, what did or didnt happen between bo and tmarts dad, etc. have passed away or will pass away before you, but you'll pass nonetheless.

i wouldnt hold your breath for it to eventually come out knapplc. if Bo is consistent at one thing, its that when he says he's finished with a subject, he's freakin finished with it.

those holding their breath wondering about such things as cody glenns dismissal, whether Bo stood up for Carl, what did or didnt happen between bo and tmarts dad, etc. have passed away or will pass away before you, but you'll pass nonetheless.

I don't want that water-wearing-away-rock post to cloud what I believe. I agree - we'll likely never find out what went down on any of that. But it's the job of the newspaper reporter to ask the question. That's all I'm getting at.