Well THIS is a fun thread already :D

I dunno, I mean it doesn't seem unreasonable for me that people on a Husker message board would complain a little about a sports show being disparaging towards their coach..it's not like we're going to go burn down their sound studio (or are we? Anyone free Thursday night?) It's just a common discussion point. The guys are on the radio. They're gonna catch it from SOMEONE no matter what they say. Schick could make a comment about how awesome babies are and somewhere, a crazy baby-hatin' maniac is going to complain on his baby-hating message board about how much Schick seems to have a pro-baby bias.

Yeah, some people take what those guys say WAY too seriously, but they're on the radio so people will listen, and when people listen they're bound to form opinions. Message boards are a great way to voice them to people.

So instead of complaining about complaining, I'm going to go ahead and say welcome to the boards :):cheers

stop being nice!

I dunno, I mean it doesn't seem unreasonable for me that people on a Husker message board would complain a little about a sports show being disparaging towards their coach..it's not like we're going to go burn down their sound studio (or are we? Anyone free Thursday night?) It's just a common discussion point. The guys are on the radio. They're gonna catch it from SOMEONE no matter what they say. Schick could make a comment about how awesome babies are and somewhere, a crazy baby-hatin' maniac is going to complain on his baby-hating message board about how much Schick seems to have a pro-baby bias.

Yeah, some people take what those guys say WAY too seriously, but they're on the radio so people will listen, and when people listen they're bound to form opinions. Message boards are a great way to voice them to people.

So instead of complaining about complaining, I'm going to go ahead and say welcome to the boards :):cheers

stop being nice!

But Santa's watching! :ahhhhhhhh

• Fire 1

stop being nice!

oh right, carry on

stop being nice!

:clap

Did I mention a word about classless fan bases? I believe I was talking only about over-sensitive fans who start random message board topics about radio shows that don't agree with their opinions and hurt their feelings. No offense but read my post and stay on topic. I don't care about the class part and how other fans treat other bases. I don't think Nebraska is any better or any worse than anywhere else in that regard. I do care about fans who lack perspective and take anything said about the program or it's players or coaches personally like it was said about their mom. Like a certain morning radio show for instance. I still don't know what rumors they have started as Skull n bones said. I guess I don't like it that he is starting rumors about a morning radio show starting rumors.

Here is why people took your post the wrong way.

I live in KC now and they mention constantly about how Nebraska fans are the most defensive fan base ever and I can't say I disagree.

You can't sit there and tell me you wrote that entire post and didn't expect one person to disagree with you :LOLtartar . You obviously expected a little backlash, so I'm not sure why you're so defensive about it.

Besides, if you look at the OP, I don't see any type of oversensitivity. I see a guy who just wanted to start a topic about what some guys on a radio show said. If there weren't posters who didn't start topics on the internet about something they heard on t.v., the radio, read the newspapers, etc., then we wouldn't really have much to talk about would we? Everybody has an opinion here whether it's right or wrong.

stop being nice!

:clap

Wait..What's so crazy about hatin' babies?

They're too short, they drool, mess their underbritches..and I miss having them around (sniff).

But back on topic..

I prefer Gillette to Shick.

The Shick razors almost always cut me.

• Fire 1

I like them, but I take them for what they are. Usually kind of a light show, where they talk sports and goof around. I think if you are in your mid-late 30s and older, you don't get them or like them, if you are younger, you generally get them and like them. I am 30 and pretty much everyone I know listens to them and loves the show. I don't think Schick is a hater, he is surprisingly cordial and neutral for being a Colorado grad, IMO. Bahe is a goof, but is entertaining. If you don't like them, don't listen. If enough people agree, their numbers will drop and they will be off the air.

• Fire 1

I like them, but I take them for what they are. Usually kind of a light show, where they talk sports and goof around. I think if you are in your mid-late 30s and older, you don't get them or like them, if you are younger, you generally get them and like them. I am 30 and pretty much everyone I know listens to them and loves the show. I don't think Schick is a hater, he is surprisingly cordial and neutral for being a Colorado grad, IMO. Bahe is a goof, but is entertaining. If you don't like them, don't listen. If enough people agree, their numbers will drop and they will be off the air.

Same here. I started listen to show every once in awhile, when I had enough Cowherd on 1480. Then 1480 went off the air, so I really had no choice by this time because the FM dial in my work truck went out so its only AM. I think the stuff they do is quite funny. "Pelini Martini", "Bo out of context", "Mondays with Mayme" bits are hilarious.

I turned 27 yesterday, so I don't think age is the deciding factor. As to "if you don't like it, don't listen", the OP asked for peoples' opinions. Opinions were given. No one was whining that they should change or get kicked off the air.

I turned 27 yesterday, so I don't think age is the deciding factor. As to "if you don't like it, don't listen", the OP asked for peoples' opinions. Opinions were given. No one was whining that they should change or get kicked off the air.

Wasn't directly responding to the OP, just stating my opinion and that if others don't like the show, there are great ways to show your displeasure. I am not sure why you are getting your Hanes in a wad. Sometimes the most obvious way to show your displeasure is the method least often used by the general public.

i think schick is clever and rather innovative. his style is a great change of pace from the regular boring sports tools out there. if im not mistaken, hasnt he won nebraska sportscaster of the year a couple times?

granted, this is from tv, but his approach remains the same on radio.

bahe i could do without, he's like a little puppy that follows schicks lead.

Did I mention a word about classless fan bases? I believe I was talking only about over-sensitive fans who start random message board topics about radio shows that don't agree with their opinions and hurt their feelings. No offense but read my post and stay on topic. I don't care about the class part and how other fans treat other bases. I don't think Nebraska is any better or any worse than anywhere else in that regard. I do care about fans who lack perspective and take anything said about the program or it's players or coaches personally like it was said about their mom. Like a certain morning radio show for instance. I still don't know what rumors they have started as Skull n bones said. I guess I don't like it that he is starting rumors about a morning radio show starting rumors.

Here is why people took your post the wrong way.

I live in KC now and they mention constantly about how Nebraska fans are the most defensive fan base ever and I can't say I disagree.

You can't sit there and tell me you wrote that entire post and didn't expect one person to disagree with you :LOLtartar . You obviously expected a little backlash, so I'm not sure why you're so defensive about it.

Besides, if you look at the OP, I don't see any type of oversensitivity. I see a guy who just wanted to start a topic about what some guys on a radio show said. If there weren't posters who didn't start topics on the internet about something they heard on t.v., the radio, read the newspapers, etc., then we wouldn't really have much to talk about would we? Everybody has an opinion here whether it's right or wrong.

:thumbs your right. i wasnt trying to start any feuds. i didnt think i was complaining that bad either. schiks slams on bo just to stir up the audience is getting repeative, thats all. im not even all that mad about it, really. i just want new material from the show from time to time. that was my main point. sorry to all who took it the wrong way. this guys right, i was just stirring up a subject that i would think most people on this message board would have in common. in my opinion, the moring and afternoon radio shows are a good common ground for us NU fans. also, i did say that i think they are funny at times, like pelini martini. the first time i heard it i couldnt stop laughing! now that was a great bit! :rollin

:throwdabones1: