Homeowners insurance policy

We have a break in our sewer line between the street and our house, but on our property. It is mostly likely (according to plummer) due to a tree root. My homeowners policy excludes back up of sewer or drains for damage by water from outside the plumbing system which backs up through the sewers or drains. My question is if the break is on our property isn't that within the plumbing system that was installed as part of the cost of building the house? Therefore, it should be covered, right?

We have a break in our sewer line between the street and our house, but on our property. It is mostly likely (according to plummer) due to a tree root. My homeowners policy excludes back up of sewer or drains for damage by water from outside the plumbing system which backs up through the sewers or drains. My question is if the break is on our property isn't that within the plumbing system that was installed as part of the cost of building the house? Therefore, it should be covered, right?

Probably not. It would likely be like replacing a rotten window or an old (not storm damaged) roof. It will probably be your responsibility, and an expensive one at that. If it is in the Omaha area, I know someone who does that for a living.

not covered, it is always important to read your policy and ask your agent for any special endorsements or additional coverages you can get, sure it costs a little more but it does come in handy when you need it. I pay $25 extra for sump pump overflow and it came in very handy this summer.