Gill to the Dolphins??

Great, now the unstable image can resurface and bring doubts back into the kids minds who are nearing a decision, and are planning to play for Gill, i.e. Grixby.

Apparently the South Florida Sun-Sentinel is reporting in today's edition that Gill is one of four candidates for the Dolphins job along with Oakland Raiders Offensive Coordinator Marc Trestman, former Arizona Cardinals Quarterbacks Coach Geep Chryst and San Diego Quarterbacks Coach Brian Schottenheimer.

wonderful. :angry:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_pg...38&u_sid=982047

That would be like hangin' on to your old girlfriend until you find another. All I have to say Turner is that you can be part of the problem or part of the solution. If he does that I would really question his character after all the drama and finally saying that'll he'll stay and is looking forward to learning something new. Oh by the way Dave and Dan in Miami are you going to be running the option, because I don't think Turner is going to do much for your passing game, just look at what he did for JL's passing game. All Turner would be doing is turning his back on our boys, just like Pelini who is committed only to himself.

Pelini was committed to the Nebraska program. Coach Cal was the one who decided to release him. As far as Pelini goin to OU, he did what any coach would do. Go to the place you feel you have the best chance at being the best.

I think Gill can coach a qb to throw, it's just that he's never had a natural passer. If he decides to go to Miami, I wish the best to him even though I would be sad to see him go.

I agree Call and/or petey ran Pelini outta town, but I also think BP is flighty and woulda left ina yr or so anyway.

I think its well within Turners right to be exploring options - in fact I think he should after the way hes been "passed over" time and time again. BUT this is only compounding our problem of a nothing seeming solid to recruits. I dont think he will get the job but that doesnt matter b/c now recruits get to wait another wk or so to see who might be coaching them this week. this sucks and could cost us Grixby or others that are hanging on to NU by the thread of a Gill.

Hey guys, per BP's own words, he was going to leave regardless. If he were committed to this program, he would have been more of a team player. I agree, that he did a good job. Our pass defense was probably better than when Ralph and Mike Brown were here. However, there is no real commitment to the program. As far a TG, my only problem is him saying he'll stay. I guess we didn't hear the part "unless something else comes along". To me, if you say you're going to stay, then be true to your word!

Guest WyomingHusker/wildcat!

I couldn't blame Gill one bit. A mediocre season and Pederson would have had him fired. Would you want to work for the guy? Not me, Pederson is a perfect candidate for Enron or Clintons attache.

I wish Turner Gill the best of luck and success.

Lets see who is next? Oh yeah , Joe Dailey! I wonder how he will like second string behind a California kid?

That interesting I didnt know Bo was gone regardless. I thought he at least wanted the head coach job? Maybe you meant he was gone if he didnt get the HC job. Anyway I agree Bo wouldve been gone after he got a head offer from somewhere else. He'll do the same to OU too which is why Im surprised Stoops took the chance. But what does he have to lose, he still has Venerables who is fully capable.

I dont have a problem with Coach Gill looking out for himself. You have to realize that maybe this came up since he made those statements. Plus he is only following the lead of his boss to say one thing and mean the other ;) Monkey see monkey do!! (no these are not racist comments you are racist for even thinking it.. but then that would make me... and thats not possible... whatever, man racism is worthless!) What I meant was, no one has exactly been faithful to Turner so why would he not look out for his best interests? How many times did it take for you to get burned by a girl before you were the one burning the next girl so she didnt get you first? hmm.... do whatcha gotta do Turner. I hope you stay but good luck anyway and you would be hugely missed!

The problem with a commitment to "the program" is it isn't the program anymore. It has become what Pederson wants it to be and maybe Gill isn't comfortable with all that has been done. I mean everyone around him got canned by an AD that has been there less time then Dailey. Also, I believe he made the comments about staying before he had the "interview" and got shifted off qb coach etc (I could be wrong about the timing mind ya). So that may have impacted his decision.

If Gill leaves it will just be the last of the dominos falling and the book on the dynasty is offically closed. In my opinion, they only kept him because he was the only coach left that could be linked to the "tradition" which is why he got moved to another position coach. I don't blame him if he does and wish him the best of luck if he goes.

Gill's got a lot on his plate right now. Think about it. He just saw one of his best friends get fired and then he is told to take over his postion because one of his best friends couldn't get the job done. It sucks. He is just looking at some options. He hasn't committed to anything yet.

redout

Last I had heard Gill was having problems accepting the fact that he is taking over the position that his good friend used to coach, as in Ron Brown... I really hope Gill stays but I think he has been treated very poorly by Pederson and alot of fans.

I hope he does whats best for his carrer and his family... his a good man and should be respected as such.