Peterson's contract is up!!!!!!!!!

kramer

Will he be rehired. Is it possible there are some board or regent members who simple can't stand to see what's happening. Well his contract is up after this year.

We can only freaking hope :clap

I know one way that he would be gone for sure: if people stopped going to the games, and the Ath. Dept. started losing money. I would hate to see it, but thats a for-sure way for the fans to speak up.

Will he be rehired.  Is it possible there are some board or regent members who simple can't stand to see what's happening.  Well his contract is up after this year.

I know one way that he would be gone for sure: if people stopped going to the games, and the Ath. Dept. started losing money. I would hate to see it, but thats a for-sure way for the fans to speak up.

I think most fans like what he is doing

Will he be rehired.  Is it possible there are some board or regent members who simple can't stand to see what's happening.  Well his contract is up after this year.

That is the true fan in you speaking out! Lets hope the Huskers fail. You do us all proud showing your true colors and how deep they bleed.

That is the true fan in you speaking out! Lets hope the Huskers fail. You do us all proud showing your true colors and how deep they bleed.

Did I ever say I wanted the Huskers to fail???? :dumdum

I guess you missed it when I said "I would hate to see it, but thats a for-sure way for the fans to speak up."

Read the whole thing and comprehend it before you take a shot at me next time.

Like Barfkenecht said in his column this week, "true fans" have every right to criticize how things are going. Blind loyalty leads you down the road to failure.

Side note of clarification: when I said "We can only freaking hope" I was hoping to see pud gone.

Did I ever say I wanted the Huskers to fail????

Lets see, you champion the idea of NU fans not going to games, thereby throwing the athletic dept. into a negative cash flow situation. The byproducts of this would be devastating to football recruiting and the certain elimination of many varsity level sports and the U. And then you come back here and have the gall say you don't want this team to fail? Your hatred of one individual has consumed you to the point of utter disregard for best interests of the school and student athletes that bust there butts every day.

It is overwhelming obvious in reading the plethora of negative posts you put up here you would like nothing better than to have the this administration, the coaches and players to fail, have the program go winless for the next few years and have NU end up like, oh say Baylor. Would that be low enough for you?

Just look at your screen name, it says it all.

Wharf Rat, That was the very impression I received, as well, when I read Former Fan's thread. It reminds me of the people who say they supprot the troops and then hope that the mission fails. You can't have it both ways. The current players are very positive, most of regents supported the contrat extention, a large majority of fans support him and obviously the Chancellor does, as well.

Pederson also is responsible for many other sports. How is their success? Let's see, national bowling championship, probable volleyball national championship, probable return to the CWS, etc. plus a new athletic center and stadium expansion. If this is all done within the budget, then we have a very successful athletic dept.

Tom was a Hall of Fame coach for his era. He could not recruit and build another championship today unless he drastically changed. Today's kids are different, because the NFL is different. How many Top 10 teams are running the option?

Wharf Rat,  That was the very impression I received, as well, when I read Former Fan's thread.  It reminds me of the people who say they supprot the troops and then hope that the mission fails.  You can't have it both ways.  The current players are very positive, most of regents supported the contrat extention, a large majority of fans support him and obviously the Chancellor does, as well.

Pederson also is responsible for many other sports.  How is their success? Let's see, national bowling championship, probable volleyball national championship, probable return to the CWS, etc. plus a new athletic center and stadium expansion.  If this is all done within the budget, then we have a very successful athletic dept.

Tom was a Hall of Fame coach for his era.  He could not recruit and build another championship today unless he drastically changed. Today's kids are different, because the NFL is different.  How many Top 10 teams are running the option?

Even some of the most succesful teams/coaches the past 4 years are struggling this year. Oklahoma, Michigan, Iowa already have 2 losses on the season and are no where to be found in either college footballs top 25 polls. Bob Stoops played in 2 national championships the past 2 years. Michigan has played in the last 2 Rose Bowls and has been co-confernece champs the past 2 years, and Iowa has built a 31-7 record the past 3 years. Some people will never comprehend the term "what goes up, must come down". Some people will never understand the term rebuilding of a dynasty. Some people love to cling to the past and live in it and wave off the future. You can either imbrace the future right now or just live in ignorance like KSU fans who believe college football began in 1998

Wharf Rat,  That was the very impression I received, as well, when I read Former Fan's thread.  It reminds me of the people who say they supprot the troops and then hope that the mission fails.  You can't have it both ways.  The current players are very positive, most of regents supported the contrat extention, a large majority of fans support him and obviously the Chancellor does, as well.

Pederson also is responsible for many other sports.  How is their success? Let's see, national bowling championship, probable volleyball national championship, probable return to the CWS, etc. plus a new athletic center and stadium expansion.  If this is all done within the budget, then we have a very successful athletic dept.

Tom was a Hall of Fame coach for his era.  He could not recruit and build another championship today unless he drastically changed. Today's kids are different, because the NFL is different.  How many Top 10 teams are running the option?

Iowa has built a 31-7 record the past 3 years.

And even they are once again struggling.