Taylor Martinez

You guys need to watch the high lights a little better. Our Oline is jacked up. No QB will look good without a good Oline. I mean stop blaming the guy for the offensive woes. We lack great recievers, we have a crappy coached Oline. An OC who doesn't make adjustments. Not a lot options when your a qb in the pocket. I think after Tmart tore up the field earlier in the season everyone held him to high expections. The 20 year old freshmen quarterback got banged up. Both physically and mentally. Now 80% of husker fans are calling for his head well at least it seems that way. He made some mistakes I give you that. But what starter hasn't. I would like to see him behind center next season. Tearing up the field again. These rumors are affecting the team IMO. The team is becoming a reflection of the fans.

any of you remember colt mccoy's first year as a QB at texas? coming of of vince young's incredible performance against USC and heisman run, people had impossibly high standards for colt to measure up to.

he didnt have a great first year from both a leadership and performance viewpoint. i can remember discussions on whether or not they were going to go with him or not for the season to come. but hey, look what happened. maybe it was because the coaching staff didnt throw him under the bus and had some freakin patience.

hes 19 years old. i cant believe how our "loyal" fanbase is acting toward our QBs over the past few years.

I think most of us agree that Tommy Frazier was the best QB to play for Nebraska

Tommy Frazier 1995 stats

PASSING

Att......Comp......Pct......Int......YRDS......TD

RUSHING

Att......Net......Avg......TDs

-------------------------------------------------------------

Taylor Martinez 2010 stats

PASSING

Att.....Comp......Pct......Int......YRDs.......TD

RUSHING

Att......Net......Avg.......TDs

I hope this puts things into perspective. Its a team sport. I don't think Tommy Frazier would have excelled in this current offense

any of you remember colt mccoy's first year as a QB at texas? coming of of vince young's incredible performance against USC and heisman run, people had impossibly high standards for colt to measure up to. he didnt have a great first year from both a leadership and performance viewpoint. i can remember discussions on whether or not they were going to go with him or not for the season to come. but hey, look what happened. maybe it was because the coaching staff didnt throw him under the bus and had some freakin patience.

hes 19 years old. i cant believe how our "loyal" fanbase is acting toward our QBs over the past few years.

We had incredibly low standards for QB play coming into this year, but anyway, it's not like he won't get his chance this year to beat out the other guys. Hopefully the coaches put the best player on the field, whoever that may be.

I think most of us agree that Tommy Frazier was the best QB to play for Nebraska

Tommy Frazier 1995 stats

PASSING

RUSHING

PASSING

RUSHING

I hope this puts things into perspective. Its a team sport. I don't think Tommy Frazier would have excelled in this current offense

I just don't think people should turn there back on Martinez just yet. He is a freshman putting up numbers like this. Just think of what a couple years could produce. He ain't a bad passer he just needs to work on his pocket presence. He needs to learn how to read defense better.

Tommy Frazier 1995 stats

PASSING

RUSHING

PASSING

RUSHING

Obviously Frazier is Nebraska's greatest quarterback but do you think comparing Frazier's Senior season (those are his Senior year stats you posted) against Martinez's Freshman year is even close to being fair? Maybe I missed what you were trying to point out but two entirely different teams also from a talent standpoint. Tommy had a pipeline in front of him for one and Taylor isn't even meant to be a quarterback most likely for another. Anyway, maybe I missed your point.

Tommy Frazier 1995 stats

PASSING

RUSHING

PASSING

RUSHING

Obviously Frazier is Nebraska's greatest quarterback but do you think comparing Frazier's Senior season (those are his Senior year stats you posted) against Martinez's Freshman year is even close to being fair? Maybe I missed what you were trying to point out but two entirely different teams also from a talent standpoint. Tommy had a pipeline in front of him for one and Taylor isn't even meant to be a quarterback most likely for another. Anyway, maybe I missed your point.

My point was that people need to stop using Martinez as the fall guy. Blaming him for the offensive self destruction. Hes not a bad quarterback. Yea he made some stupid mistakes. Freshman mistakes. Tommy had a "PIPELINE" what happens when a healthy Martinez has a pipeline. Yes posting Tmart FR. stats to Tommys SR stats isn't fair. It isn't fair to Martinez who was plague by injures. Freshman vs Senior stats aren't fair in general.

Tommy Frazier 1995 stats

PASSING

RUSHING

PASSING

RUSHING

My point was that people need to stop using Martinez as the fall guy. Blaming him for the offensive self destruction. Hes not a bad quarterback. Yea he made some stupid mistakes. Freshman mistakes. Tommy had a "PIPELINE" what happens when a healthy Martinez has a pipeline. Yes posting Tmart FR. stats to Tommys SR stats isn't fair. It isn't fair to Martinez who was plague by injures. Freshman vs Senior stats aren't fair in general.

I gotcha. Thanks for explaining! :thumbs

Tommy Frazier 1995 stats

PASSING

RUSHING

PASSING

RUSHING

Haha, wow. Taylor even would have had 1,000 yards rushing if he had ever learned how to throw the ball away.

The 1995 team relied on running backs a lot more than we do now. It could afford to do so since the 5th string running back at the start of the year was Ahman Green. Good god was that team good...

I still think that all Husker QB's will be judged on the standard that Turner Gill set... He was probably even more skilled than Tommie, although he also had more talent around him, if you can believe that... Anyways, Taylor could get there... He needs time and some great coaching, but he also needs more talent around him, especially on the offensive line.

Tommy Frazier 1995 stats

PASSING

RUSHING

PASSING

RUSHING

Haha, wow. Taylor even would have had 1,000 yards rushing if he had ever learned how to throw the ball away.

The 1995 team relied on running backs a lot more than we do now. It could afford to do so since the 5th string running back at the start of the year was Ahman Green. Good god was that team good...

I still think that all Husker QB's will be judged on the standard that Turner Gill set... He was probably even more skilled than Tommie, although he also had more talent around him, if you can believe that... Anyways, Taylor could get there... He needs time and some great coaching, but he also needs more talent around him, especially on the offensive line.

True enough, compadre'.

Some wrs who could catch the ball would help too.