OC Possibilities

When Bo changes his offensive staff, I wonder who he would pick to replace Watson/Gilmore/Cotton? As I watched Oklahoma-UConn (OU is killing them) I saw Jay Norvell on the sidelines and wondered what it would be like to have him back as our OC? I know he was part of Callahan's staff but he left because he wanted to be an OC. Well, he's doing a nice job for Oklahoma but he's only a 'Co-OC' Would he be a good fit?

I would like to see Scott Frost come back in some capacity, maybe as quarterback coach? Ron Brown can take Gilmore's place. Who would you pick to replace Cotton?

I'm not familiar with where these coaches are from. What types of offenses do they run?

I'm not real familiar with them either.

Strudrawa is LSU's OL coach and I believe he has been OC in the past. I think his reputation on OL is supposed to be rock solid. Unlike the OL coach we 'went out and got' the first go-around in '07. Has the obvious connection with Bo.

Chad Morris is Tulsa's OC but I don't know much about them. He actually coached at Stephenville (TX) HS in 2006 and 2007 - while Kody Spano was there. He has one year of coaching CFB, it seems like. Could have serious interest (and it would be a big jump for him).

Klenakis has been Nevada's OC. Pistol attack, he was there in '08 I believe when they had the three 1000-yd rushers in one season. Not sure on the interest here. He probably has quite a few teams looking to lure him away. This would be the biggest hire of these three, if we want to go in this 'clean house' direction.

I am always wary of that though. I would not mind too much if we gave Beck a shot and brought in some promising guys to replace the position coaches leaving. But that is the change-resistant guy in me. There are probably dozens more names tossed out there. I don't think any of these are like Doug Colman, who probably IS going to be our next LBs coach, but just some names I recall off the top of my head. Again, I'm not very familiar with any of these guys.

I'm not familiar with where these coaches are from. What types of offenses do they run?

Strudrawa is LSU's OL coach and I believe he has been OC in the past. I think his reputation on OL is supposed to be rock solid. Unlike the OL coach we 'went out and got' the first go-around in '07. Has the obvious connection with Bo.

Chad Morris is Tulsa's OC but I don't know much about them. He actually coached at Stephenville (TX) HS in 2006 and 2007 - while Kody Spano was there. He has one year of coaching CFB, it seems like. Could have serious interest (and it would be a big jump for him).

Klenakis has been Nevada's OC. Pistol attack, he was there in '08 I believe when they had the three 1000-yd rushers in one season. Not sure on the interest here. He probably has quite a few teams looking to lure him away. This would be the biggest hire of these three, if we want to go in this 'clean house' direction.

I am always wary of that though. I would not mind too much if we gave Beck a shot and brought in some promising guys to replace the position coaches leaving. But that is the change-resistant guy in me. There are probably dozens more names tossed out there. I don't think any of these are like Doug Colman, who probably IS going to be our next LBs coach, but just some names I recall off the top of my head. Again, I'm not very familiar with any of these guys.

What do you think about Jay Norvell? I know he was part of the Callahan years but he wasn't here for very long. Oklahoma looked really good tonight-much better than when we played them-I know he's a 'Co-OC' there. Offense wasn't a problem when Callahan was here-it was the other side of the coin. Now that we have such a great defense, I would really like to see us have a great offense to go with it.

I don't know much about Norvell anymore other than I remember his crazy formation shifts that I kind of liked. I kind of feel like Jay Norvell is basically Shawn Watson without the independent OC shot at Nebraska that Shawn got after Callahan left. He went to UCLA and not sure how he did there. But in the eyes of fans, he is a Callahan guy, and he will never get a pass here.

Oklahoma did look good tonight, but Bo would probably have Norvell running the shotgun spread option attack. Unless he has had a change of heart and is relinquishing all input into the offense to the OC. In which case I would just keep Shawn.

Chad Morris may have coaching connections to one of our current coaches who also had a great run in the Texas high school system - Tim Beck.

When Bo changes his offensive staff, I wonder who he would pick to replace Watson/Gilmore/Cotton? As I watched Oklahoma-UConn (OU is killing them) I saw Jay Norvell on the sidelines and wondered what it would be like to have him back as our OC? I know he was part of Callahan's staff but he left because he wanted to be an OC. Well, he's doing a nice job for Oklahoma but he's only a 'Co-OC' Would he be a good fit?

I would like to see Scott Frost come back in some capacity, maybe as quarterback coach? Ron Brown can take Gilmore's place. Who would you pick to replace Cotton?

Even though many people (myself included) discounted Frost simply because we think he's not on good terms with Bo, there's definitely credence to him returning to coach at Nebraska. He's doing quite well at Oregon no doubt. But, he's only a WR coach. He's proven he knows how to coach/develop players to reach their potential, and he's definitely one of the greatest QBs we've seen at Nebraska. I think it's worth keeping him in the discussion.