If all the offensive staff is back next year...

beanman

Let's assume that no one is fired or moves on. Will we still be running the zone read offense next year? What will our identity be? I'm just curious what you all think.

Sadly I honestly don't see a ton of changes. Bo always preaches execution and pins poor performances on a lack of execution IMO I think he is more concerned with that than with the scheme. I hope to see some screen passes and hopefully we can find a wide receiver that can make plays to take the pressure off our running game.

Let's assume that no one is fired or moves on. Will we still be running the zone read offense next year? What will our identity be? I'm just curious what you all think.

Sadly I honestly don't see a ton of changes. Bo always preaches execution and pins poor performances on a lack of execution IMO I think he is more concerned with that than with the scheme. I hope to see some screen passes and hopefully we can find a wide receiver that can make plays to take the pressure off our running game.

Do any of the young receivers show any promise? I see we only have one WR recruit thus far for 2011.

The only changes are they'll have to rethink the QB position, what they're going to do to improve the line, and somehow keep our wide outs from suffering from the "dropsies"

The potential for improvement is still going to be there, but I recognize this as a far from ideal situation.

Where I can see things turning on the up:

1) Less, or better management direction from Bo. Either or the other.

2) More playmakers on offense. If guys live up to their billing, that will take care of a lot of problems. But I do see this as a bigger advantage down the line, when our monster OL and RBs/QB from this class are matured a couple years. If we run another freshman QB out there next year, we can expect lumps no matter what.

I want an offense like Bama's. Everything based on the power running schemes, but if we need to we can air it deep. Also, when the other team least expects it, a nice little shuffle pass, or screen to Braylon Heard or Aaron Green. Hopefully Barney learns how to get his OL to the second level on a consistent bases if he is back.

You will not see any changes until at least a few weeks.

I dont think the offense will change in that case. Another year of futility. The change will be maybe only getting to 6-6...

The potential for improvement is still going to be there, but I recognize this as a far from ideal situation.

2) More playmakers on offense. If guys live up to their billing, that will take care of a lot of problems. But I do see this as a bigger advantage down the line, when our monster OL and RBs/QB from this class are matured a couple years. If we run another freshman QB out there next year, we can expect lumps no matter what.

I agree. I dont think we will be strong at the QB spot whatever we do.Hopefully they put the best game manager in there and turn our good stable of running backs loose.

Do any of the young receivers show any promise? I see we only have one WR recruit thus far for 2011.

Yeah we still have Kinnie, Kyler Reed (TE) was our most solid guy this year IMO , and coaches seem to like Enunya? and Bell

There will be no changes. We will get a helping of puff pieces courtesy of the Journal Star about how this or that coach spent the offseason seeking counsel from this or that expert. We'll roll through the non-con as usual, and then about midseason we'll see the fruit of the bad omens. Our penalties, injuries, and incompetencies will be even more glaring against MUCH stiffer competition, and Bo Pelini will be on the hot seat by December when we fail to make the first annual Big 10 conference championship.

If this offensive staff is intact by the time September rolls around, what we theoretically wish the offense would be is going to be a pleasant afterthought. The broken record will scratch and clunk on, and the program will suffer a setback.