Kody Spano?

Haspula

Although that would be the obvious list, I disagree. T-mart is done and done. He is not a qb and I can't see the coaches risking their jobs by trying to coach-him-up for another year. From what I hear Brion Carnes is the real deal and he could potentially make a run at the starting job. I'm guessing you're right about Jamal Turner redshirting, but there is absolutely NO WAY that Bubba would turn down 6-10 million dollars to redshirt. That dude is a freak and if he arrives, he and Brion will battle for the starting job. We have officially seen the last of the Green y Taylor show. With the QB talent we have coming in, I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them considered for a position change.

Although that would be the obvious list, I disagree. T-mart is done and done. He is not a qb and I can't see the coaches risking their jobs by trying to coach-him-up for another year.

Are you willfully ignoring the stats or do you just not know them? Martinez was a Heisman trophy candidate for 1/3 of the season. He was even getting buzz until the Missouri game when he got injured. His Freshman stats are comparable to Tommie Frazier's Senior stats. On what planet do you think he's "done and done?" That's crazy talk.

• Fire 1
Although that would be the obvious list, I disagree. T-mart is done and done. He is not a qb and I can't see the coaches risking their jobs by trying to coach-him-up for another year.

Are you willfully ignoring the stats or do you just not know them? Martinez was a Heisman trophy candidate for 1/3 of the season. He was even getting buzz until the Missouri game when he got injured. His Freshman stats are comparable to Tommie Frazier's Senior stats. On what planet do you think he's "done and done?" That's crazy talk.

Same thing could be said about Michicken's Freshman QB two seasons ago..never heard from again.

Determining your depth chart based on Hypesman notice is a joke.

• Fire 2

I CAN see the coach risking his job trying to stick with Taylor for the next three years.

But if Taylor has legit competition for the starting job - meaning if someone, I don't care who - really shows it up and lights it up and turns coaches' heads as a serious threat to that position - I expect Taylor will split.

We will see about this competition in the spring, should be exciting to follow. I don't think that list will be quite as long though, Knapplc the Grey. Also actually not sure if Turner will redshirt.

Same thing could be said about Michicken's Freshman QB two seasons ago..never heard from again.

Determining your depth chart based on Hypesman notice is a joke.

Yeah, but so is hyping up kids that have never seen the field yet. We have had enough of that the last couple of years... :bang

Plain and simple. Palini is going to play who is best. If that's Martinez then its because he earned it. If its some other up in coming young buck it will be because he earned it. In BO I trust. I am a firm believer that Competition breeds Champions. IMO I think Bo believes that to. My reason is because how the qb was selected this season. A 3 way race.

Knapplc--

Heisman trophy candidate? Yeah, so was shoelace and a litany of other people that fell off the planet. That's why you don't pay attention to that stuff until you're 2/3 of the way through the season.

Did you just compare T-magic's stats to those of Tommie Frazier (one of the greatest college players of all time)? First of all, they played in two totally different offenses and I hope you recall Tommie suffering through life-threatening blood clots that season... I'd hope that you won't compare T-magic's limp (that was only evident when he played poorly) to Tommie's medical condition.

The only "crazy talk" I see on this thread is from some guy professing that T-magic is a future QB for our program. Cody Green couldn't hit a receiver to save his life, but he had an immediate impact on the o-line by simply stepping up in the pocket on Thursday. Did you watch that game? Have you ever seen a succesful qb on any level with that throwing motion?

I drove 11 1/2 hours to watch some guy prove down-after-down that he's so far from being a qb that he will literally lose a game for you when you have a 2+ touchdown lead in the first quarter. He's so far from being a qb that you will honestly believe your running back is your best option at the qb position. Hell, did you even watch the Huskers lose 4 of their last 5? Did you see him flicking the ball across his body to receivers during the bowl game? Not only did he pull that stunt once and almost get picked, but he tried it for a second time. On the second occassion he actually flicked the ball across his body into the chest of a linebacker. The ball deflected off the linebacker back into T-wide receivers hands. He made a great grab and I truly hoped it was his attempt at auditioning for Niles Paul's position next year.

I don't even have the time to go into the "intangibles" that he is clearly lacking.

Yes, I did just compare Martinez' stats to Tommie's. And they are comparable. And Martinez has FAR less to work with than Frazier. And he's a freshman.

I totally get where you're coming from. I would be livid if I had paid money to go to that game. I'd be sending the University a bill for wasting my time/money. But as the offseason rolls on I think we're going to find out that there were a LOT more dynamics at play in this game other than the suck-ass play of our quarterback.

Moving forward, if Taylor is in the mix next year, he'll be our starter. He has a LOT of work to do, not just at the skills of being a QB but in the "being a teammate" category, too. If he makes strides there, and if he has a competent teacher at his position, he'll only improve.

Imagine an improved Martinez, better able to make reads in the pocket, less prone to silly Brett-Favre-like moves with the ball, still fast, still a home-run threat from anywhere on the field. If he improves at all, he's going to be a terribly dangerous QB for three more years.

What we saw this year could have been just a taste of what's to come. I hope that's the case. But if Taylor can't improve, if he can't come to terms with his teammates, and if we can't get a better line in front of him, all that goes out the window.

Who exactly did Taylor put up those numbers against?

I truly wanted to believe that Taylor wasn't just the flash-in-the-pan that Zac Lee, Joe Dailey, Jammal Lord, et al. were. Trouble is, playing against below-average talent tends to make average talent look above-average. Right now, Taylor only has the speed, and now that he's dealing with ankle issues, I'm not so sure that he even has that in the same magnitude that he had it in the early part of the season. MAYBE he has potential as a passer if he learns what to do with the ball when he doesn't have a WR who has 10 yards of separation and/or lacks the time to find an open read, but from what I've seen thus far he's a one-trick pony, and that one trick (the zone read) is dead.