Marlon Lucky

well that is interesting.........guess it is not much of a testimony to out WR's.....but are we gonna teach Lucky to play that position during a 2 week bye? i guess i can't fault Cally for looking at all his options, but don't you think he knew the WR position was weak BEFORE the season began? i mean, here we are trying to set up a WCO and we know our receivers can't run routes, can't get seperation and can't catch the ball.......and NOW is the time to experiment :wtf

don't get me wrong here, i hope he gets in on some plays and proves productive, but damn who knows what postion anyone will be playing for long? If Lucky is that great of a weapon (and i think he is) do we not have any other way to get him the ball from the backfield, slot or some other postion? WR?? or shouldn't they have at least tried him at that position during the fall practice sessions?? I am really not trying to get down on Cally here, but hell, the damn confusion for who plays where continues......

hunter

Yeah....... I know just whatn you mean, hunter94.

I hope BC really thought about this decision.

That being said, I really hope it works out.

But then again.....

I wonder if WRs are the real problem anyway, or if this is kind of a publicity stunt. I imagine it's interesting for the media to speculate upon, etc.....

no, i think our WR's are in trouble, i can live with this, i just hope we don't see Carriker next, dropping back in the pocket loooking for Lucky out in the flat...lol

incidently any WR recruits that are worth a hill of beans, can expect to start next year for the Huskers.........let's hope by then Beck will be tossing the ball and maybe the O can light up the board.....i do think that might happen...next year

hunter

This could be a good thing. Lucky hasn't done a whole lot at RB, and putting him in at WR would definitely get him more playing time, if he can run his routes well, get open, and catch the ball. Though, I unless the guy is an absolute beast at WR, I think they might play him at both RB and WR.

The only problem I see is, can he handle learning the WR plays as well as the RB plays? That's quite a bit to sort out, I'd say. I'm guessing that if they do put him in at WR this week, they'll probably give him a very limited amount of plays 4-5 maybe, and get him in there on them.

I do agree somewhat with the previous comments of 'why are we expirimenting now?'. It does seem that Callahan & co, should have seen this WR problem in fall camp, and probably should have been trying out different players at WR then. I wasn't there, maybe they did. I'm torn at this, last year it seemed that they just stuck with what wasn't working, and didn't attempt to fix it. Now, they're moving people all over the place trying to get something to click. Is this possibly a sign of desperation from BC? It would almost seem so, especially when you take into his comment of "Let's not." when asked "Let's talk about the offense." On the other hand, maybe he's figuring it out, who knows. Let's let it play out and see what happens.

incidently any WR recruits that are worth a hill of beans, can expect to start next year for the Huskers.........let's hope by then Beck will be tossing the ball and maybe the O can light up the board.....i do think that might happen...next year

You are so right. This move makes me ask the question: Does BC have a lack of confidence in the WRs right now, if he has to take from the RBs? Why not give Leon Jackson some reps as well?

Any incoming WR that can use the bump and run effectively, run decent routes, and not drop the easy ball WILL start next year. Although, I do believe that Brooks will be starting within the next 3 games, and that the current starting receivers with improve drastically over the next couple of weeks.

Thinking outside the box: I have to wonder if Lucky is putting pressure on the coaching staff to get him into the game? I think it is pretty obvious why he hasn't replaced Ross in the backfield. Maybe he's threatening to leave if he doesn't get more playing time. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened. Remember Frazier in 1992?

i hope that is not the case, a freshman complaining of not getting in?.......this is no doubt a tough offense to learn, with all the shifts and multiple names for a play, i am sure he is overwhelmed with it all right now, Beck included......i really think it is cally trying to show us that he is using or thinking of using options not considered to spark the offense......at any rate it is a no-confidence vote for the present receiving core......or who knows? maybe it is his way to motivate the WR's to get going......or get off the field!

hunter

Bottom line, fellas: If this means getting Lucky on the field, then do it by all means.

Pete Carrol, with perhaps the deepest team (and certainly the most talented team) in the nation, still finds snaps for his freshman. He understands: you put the talent on the field, and see what happens.

Lucky was our prize recruit last year, moreso than Beck or Bowman or Suh or Brooks. He's got a world of talent, so put him out there. It certainly won't hurt this pathetic offense we have seen. Give ZT more weapons. For all we know, Lucky really is the next Reggie Bush. Give the kid the ball and let's see. If he's not ready, there is NO harm done.

But the love all things BIG and RED, put Lucky on the field!!!