'95 Nebraska/'05 USC

I really don't like USC. I mean, they are obviously a great team, but.... I can't wait until all the craze about them dies down.

heh heh heh

and greatest ever? We'll see.

Only time will tell.

Well, just wait for next year :-) I hope our offense is rolling by the time next year that they come knocking, and we slam the door in their face.

Sims was the back that was tackled at the 2 but it was Matt Turman that took the knee on the very next play.

:thumbs gamecocks, I was waiting for somebody to correct the QB who kneeled down on that last play! It was indeed the Turmanator and not Brook. minor technicality.

With the way USC handled OU last year, I would think the 2004 USC team could be labeled as dominant as the 95 Huskers."

Yet another example of a team labeled as "the greatest?" after a blowout in a bowl game but with little from the actual season to back it up. So they blew out OU- so what.

they beat three teams that ended the season ranked: #3 OU, #9 Cal (23-17), and #19 ASU (45-7) -according to ESPN. good.

Close games (record, team, score): 4-7 Stanford (31-28), 7-5 Oregon State (28-28), 6-6 UCLA (29-24).

NU 1995 beat four teams that ended the season ranked in the TOP 9 and their closest game was won by 2 touchdowns.

for USC 04, the Bowl game is the only argument really put up in their favor- and it was against an OU team who's coach is getting a reputation for getting blown out in postseason matches.

one of the best? probably. but not up there with NU 95. though they do have a MUCH better argument than Miami 2001- which is just a joke.

USC 05: Its still too early to tell, but much of their reputation so far this season rests on the historically overrated 2004 team.

As i wasn't alive in '83, they remind me of NU 97.

in the end that team went undefeated and blew out a very good Tennessee team in the bowl- lately, that alone seems to be an automatic "Best EVER" tag.

by October of 97, i recall college football's "experts" were saying things like, "Its Nebraska at #1... and then everyone else" in the distance-- same as they're saying about USC now.

then Nebraska barely escaped against an unranked Mizzou team. they ended up #1 (and #2...) that year, but they certainly weren't the Best Ever. despite the all important bowl blowout.

I think the three peat was a dumb argument for this year's team anyways. How many players that start now played significant minutes two year ago? How does that make them a better team this year??? That 95 nebraska team scored over 50 points a game, more than USC. They had a far superior defense to USC, and their offense wasnt predicated on ability to succeed in the NFL, yet numerous offensive players from that team did anyways. Not only that, but that Nebraska team never had a close game....even after half time. Every game was a blow out, no doubt, thorw in the fourth stringers for some experience after half way through the third qaurter. USC has accomplished that once. Until USC put up a 42-3 score at halftime, I remain unimpressed.