'95 Nebraska/'05 USC

Junior, you say you were a student at UNL that year, and you went to "SOME" of the games...How can you be a student at UNL and only go to "SOME" of the games. Where's the dedication!!!

Yeah, I went to some of the games. Some of the games were in Lincoln, and some of the games were away. I was a poor college student. I couldn't afford to go to the away games! However, I didn't go to every home game either. I stated in another thread that I like to have some beers during the game. You can't do this in Memorial Stadium. Trust me, we've tried.

I also kind of got turned off the first game of the season in 1995 when some of the fans booed Berringer when he came in and relieved Frazier. Make no mistake about it, I love watching the Huskers. I just like to keep an open mind especially when everyone starts talking about the best team ever. It's kind of like speculating on a one on one game between Shaq and Wilt Chamberlin. You just can't compare them when you take into consideration when they played and what era they are from.

The 1995 Huskers team was one of the best. My only bone of contention is this, and I realize this has more to do with an era of college football than one individual years team: if USC 3 peats, it will be the first time a team has done that in D1 college football according to ESPN. NU has had great runs as has Alabama, OU, Miami, etc. But to do it 3 times in 3 years, it's unheard of!

if USC 3 peats, it will be the first time a team has done that in D1 college football according to ESPN. NU has had great runs as has Alabama, OU, Miami, etc. But to do it 3 times in 3 years, it's unheard of!

If you remember correctly, NU was a field goal away from 3 straight titles. And we easily could have won in 96, if not for the Texas game where James Brown threw a 61-yard pass on 4th down to end our hopes. We win that game, we have a chance to play for a 3rd title and another chance to beat Bowden.

If SC can get over each team by 14 or more then they have to be considered one of the best ever. I would love to see McBride's boys defend Leinert and Bush.

The 95 Huskers would physically tear USC apart. If memory serves me right, the media in 95 was convinced that Wuerfel and Gators were an unstoppable offense. Nebraska made them look embarrassingly awful. Nobody even came close to remotely giving the Huskers a game. I also remember a questionable 03 game vs. Florida State that would have given the Huskers a 3peat. I honestly think that USC may lose one this year. I think if they play Texas, they will.