Which Big 10 team will we get along with most?

I expect a lot of world herald articles next year discussing what it's like to have piss and beer thrown on you while trying to watch a game.

They could've come up with quite a few of those following away games at Mizzou.

Dont forget the lovely people of Boulder, they sure like to throw urine and rocks at opposing teams fans.

Yeah, I definately don't see it being OSU or Wisconsin. EVERY Ohio State fan I've run into since the announcement have been complete d-bags. Wisconsin will be "respected" and liked until we play up there for our first game of conference play and find out how crappy they are.

Penn State maybe? - mainly because we're the two newer teams. I don't know - this is a league where there is little to no respect among teams. We will never respect a Big10 team like we do Oklahoma. I just hope our fans in general don't sink to the level of the Big10 fans. My guess is it will happen eventually. Too bad - the fans and the "away game" experience will be two downfalls of the change IMO. I expect a lot of world herald articles next year discussing what it's like to have piss and beer thrown on you while trying to watch a game.

REALLY??? No respect among teams? Ah yes - you must be talking about the fact that most Big 10 fans don't cheer for each other during non-conference and bowl games. What? Oh yeah I guess that is the Big 12 not the Big 10. You must be talking about the fact that our coaches try to help out the competition during bowl season. What? That is the Big 12 again and not the Big 10? Hmm. Maybe the fact that FOR THE MOST PART as much %^&* as we throw at each other we still band together against the outside world and take the approach of "it doesn't matter how much trash I talk about them they are family and you better just watch what you say about them?" attitude? Yeah - NOW you are talking Big 10. Even most Michigan and Ohio State fans will begrudgingly admit that they want the other to win the non-con and bowl games.

Yeah, I definately don't see it being OSU or Wisconsin. EVERY Ohio State fan I've run into since the announcement have been complete d-bags. Wisconsin will be "respected" and liked until we play up there for our first game of conference play and find out how crappy they are.

Penn State maybe? - mainly because we're the two newer teams. I don't know - this is a league where there is little to no respect among teams. We will never respect a Big10 team like we do Oklahoma. I just hope our fans in general don't sink to the level of the Big10 fans. My guess is it will happen eventually. Too bad - the fans and the "away game" experience will be two downfalls of the change IMO. I expect a lot of world herald articles next year discussing what it's like to have piss and beer thrown on you while trying to watch a game.

REALLY??? No respect among teams? Ah yes - you must be talking about the fact that most Big 10 fans don't cheer for each other during non-conference and bowl games. What? Oh yeah I guess that is the Big 12 not the Big 10. You must be talking about the fact that our coaches try to help out the competition during bowl season. What? That is the Big 12 again and not the Big 10? Hmm. Maybe the fact that FOR THE MOST PART as much %^&* as we throw at each other we still band together against the outside world and take the approach of "it doesn't matter how much trash I talk about them they are family and you better just watch what you say about them?" attitude? Yeah - NOW you are talking Big 10. Even most Michigan and Ohio State fans will begrudgingly admit that they want the other to win the non-con and bowl games.

This.

Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?

EVERY Ohio State fan I've run into since the announcement have been complete d-bags.

I have to say - I can turn into a complete d-bag depending on the attitude of the person I am talking to. Don't mean to - but sometimes a person will push just the right buttons to cause me to respond poorly.

I expect a lot of world herald articles next year discussing what it's like to have piss and beer thrown on you while trying to watch a game.

Funny - I have been to a road game at almost every Big 10 location (missing Wisky, OSU, PSU and Purdue) and I have never had anything but marshmallows thrown at me. Of course I am a respectful road fan who doesn't go looking for trouble and mouthing off to opposing fans. I have also never seen a visiting fan at an Iowa game treated poorly that wasn't asking for it by initiating rude behavior. If you go into a visiting stadium looking to cause trouble you can probably come out of it with stories of beer being thrown at you. Hell, I have sat in the student section at Indiana and Illinois back when they were good and proudly wearing my black and gold and never got anything more than some profanity hurled at me. I had more Nebraska fans yell rude things about Iowa at the Texas Tech game last year than most Big Ten stadiums and we weren't even your opponent!

Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?

Considering the post right above yours is an Ohio State fan agreeing with me...

EVERY Ohio State fan I've run into since the announcement have been complete d-bags.

I have to say - I can turn into a complete d-bag depending on the attitude of the person I am talking to. Don't mean to - but sometimes a person will push just the right buttons to cause me to respond poorly.

Funny - I have been to a road game at almost every Big 10 location (missing Wisky, OSU, PSU and Purdue) and I have never had anything but marshmallows thrown at me. Of course I am a respectful road fan who doesn't go looking for trouble and mouthing off to opposing fans. I have also never seen a visiting fan at an Iowa game treated poorly that wasn't asking for it by initiating rude behavior. If you go into a visiting stadium looking to cause trouble you can probably come out of it with stories of beer being thrown at you. Hell, I have sat in the student section at Indiana and Illinois back when they were good and proudly wearing my black and gold and never got anything more than some profanity hurled at me. I had more Nebraska fans yell rude things about Iowa at the Texas Tech game last year than most Big Ten stadiums and we weren't even your opponent!

Congrats - All I can go off is my experiences. I watched an Ohio State fan run through my neighborhood shouting for joy at the beginning of this season when they thought Dennard Robinson had blown a knee in one of those early NC games. Gotta have a lot of respect for that. Living in KS most of my friends are Iowa St, KU, MU, K-State guys...(mostly) all are very respectful and cheer for one another like you claim the Big10 teams do. I hope you're right, just in my experiences that hasn't been the case...not even close. Then again there are only a handful of Big10 fans around KC.