Bowl system needs a change

husker_99

These bowls are running too long. After New Years day i really don't care anymore that much. January 10th for the title game is way too long. Last night was ok but hardly exciting for the most part. Games past the 1st need to be played on the 1st or sooner. I remember in the 90s had like 15 games on the 1st. Sure it was a lot but they didn't drag it on like they do now. Some of the bowl games i didn't care for cause the matchups weren't that great. Just get it over with already.

Rose -- (2) Oregon vs (4) Wisconsin

Sugar -- (1) Auburn vs (6) Ohio St

Cotton -- (3) TCU vs UConn

Fiesta -- (10) Boise St. vs (5) Stanford

Orange -- (9) Oklahoma vs (12) Virginia Tech

Of course that is using some conferences and tie-ins that don't exist anymore [who was the other opponent in the Cotton?]. But what a day it would be. Then they could add a +1

It all needs to be done by the 1st or 2nd. You see how gased those players were in the 2nd half of the NCG. Too long of a wait is effecting the game. Before 01' which was played on the 3rd we never played a bowl game past the 2nd. Much like the SB should be over before Feb.

• Fire 1

It all needs to be done by the 1st or 2nd. You see how gased those players were in the 2nd half of the NCG. Too long of a wait is effecting the game. Before 01' which was played on the 3rd we never played a bowl game past the 2nd. Much like the SB should be over before Feb.

Yeah, it'd be nice of the MNC game was played on New Year's Day. Seems like the viewership would max out on 1/1. By mid-January most people lose interest in college football. Except for the 1 or 2% who actually have ties to one team or the other.

The entire concept of college bowl games has lost it's luster. The NCAA has done a wonderful job of this. What once used to be the most exciting time of the season has been re-shaped by them along with the Bowl Championship Series.

Who really wanted to watch Oklahoma play Connecticut?

If it's money their after (and it is) if they were wise they would change their format ASAP.

Give the people what they want. They stand to make money as well but until then they'll be watching the continuing trend of dwindling ratings.

People are starting to care less and less about the bowls.

The entire concept of college bowl games has lost it's luster. The NCAA has done a wonderful job of this. What once used to be the most exciting time of the season has been re-shaped by them along with the Bowl Championship Series.

Who really wanted to watch Oklahoma play Connecticut?

If it's money their after (and it is) if they were wise they would change their format ASAP.

Give the people what they want. They stand to make money as well but until then they'll be watching the continuing trend of dwindling ratings.

People are starting to care less and less about the bowls.

I don't think it's the bowls per say just that mediocre teams are being rewarded. 35 bowls is too many. I think the biggest problem is moving bowls games to cable channels that a lot of people don't get. Keep them on the basic channels. Moving the NCG to ESPN was a mistake.