JBD It had to happen

Yep 7 for 8 and 14 points, we better not see that reoccur, that would be just terrible. God he better shoot better then that, because if he doesn't then he is just not good. Really dude either watch the game and count some makes or bring a stat sheet to fill while the game is going on, sometimes our other guys get rebounds he has tipped to them or is going for. He is consistent scorer down low, get over it, your wrong.

Disagree. We have enough people on this team that can shoot. We need Diaz to get rebounds and be physical. The points just come as an extra. If you are the tallest person on the court you should be getting more than 2 rebounds a game. Yeah he had 14 but how many of those points were from posting up and playing stronger than the other guy??? Maybe 2 points out of the 14. The rest were because of nice angle passes set up by someone else.

Who freaking cares if he posted up and scored or didn't, he scored, we have not scored significant points for a long time. He did haven't to get his own rebounds because he made the basket. Sure maybe he missed a few rebounds, but he scored 14, you can try to say what you want but I will take 14 points and 2 rebounds from him every game. Comparing him to Morris in that other post is asinine by the way. We need points, other guys get rebounds, we are averaging more offensive and defensive in league play, so who gives a $@ who gets them. Seriously go to a game! Guarantee I have gone to more. Watching someone score 14 for us is a big deal, he shoots 56% I mean seriously shut up. Who cares about the passes and how he scored he scored.

No you are wrong there. We need our big players to get rebounds. Sure its nice for them to get points but thats why we go out and recruit the big boys. If Doc didnt care about getting rebounds we would still be the smallest team in America like we were 2 years ago. Someone his size should be getting 14 points and 14 rebounds a game. Also if you have been to so many more games than me why haven't you noticed any of this?? He has the potential to be better than Aleks Maric was but he doesnt use it.

Wow, somebody actually defends Diaz? Wow... just... wow.

Yeah the clown said it is up to others to get rebounds and the Huskers need his scoring more. :facepalm:

Well he is half right I guess everyone else DOES get all the rebounds.

Brian, congrats on another performance where you have out done yourself. Again two beefs for me.

ONE as in point number one and REBOUND TOTAL. ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! One effing rebound. You are 6'11 and only get ONE rebound. It may be plain to see now Almeida>Diaz. HELL, if Diaz gets just two rebounds tonight, maybe on a certain FT miss by Tech when NU is up 5 and you stand there and try to use the Jedi Force to make the ball come to you. Get up in the air and go get the thing. Like I said he pulls downthat board, Tech doesn't get ANOTHER second chance basket, and I bet NU wins.

2. Way to get straight owned by some guy that Brandon Ubel of all people used to push around in practice in high school every day. Two possessions and six points and two fouls right out of the gate in the 2nd half. A one point leads turns into a 8-0 opening run. Congrats on being the biggest patsy I have seen since Lamar Latrell in Revenge of the Nerds. Both of you have a pronounced limp wrist throwing/shooting style. At least the Nerds figured out a way to make it succeed.

Who freaking cares if he posted up and scored or didn't, he scored, we have not scored significant points for a long time. He did haven't to get his own rebounds because he made the basket. Sure maybe he missed a few rebounds, but he scored 14, you can try to say what you want but I will take 14 points and 2 rebounds from him every game. Comparing him to Morris in that other post is asinine by the way. We need points, other guys get rebounds, we are averaging more offensive and defensive in league play, so who gives a $@ who gets them. Seriously go to a game! Guarantee I have gone to more. Watching someone score 14 for us is a big deal, he shoots 56% I mean seriously shut up. Who cares about the passes and how he scored he scored.

Last nights performance inspired me to look into this statement of yours (We need points, other guys get rebounds). By saying this, I think we can all agree that you are saying 'Diaz has to be our scorer, don't worry about rebounding.' Richardson and Jeter's performance last night inspired me to do some number searching, just to see what you think about this.

Here are NU's leading scorers in every game this year. Player (# games as high scorer) (points each game)

Almeida (1) (20)

Ubel (2) (10, 11)

Jeter (4) (18, 16, 15, 13)

Diaz (4) (11, 14, 13, 13)

Walker (2) (13, 13)

Jones (2) (13, 11)

Richardson (2) (18, 20)

McCray (3) (15, 17, 18)

Gallegos (1) (15)

Diaz has been the leading scorer 4 games, he has not been the leading scorer 15 games. He has never been the leading scorer in conference play; in fact, he is only the 4th highest scorer on the team in league play.

Nebraska does NOT need his scoring, other guys have the ability to step up. Is it nice to have his inside game working? Abso-freakin-lutely. But if he's not scoring, other guys have proven they can step up.

Nebraska DOES need him to start rebounding, other guys DON'T have the ability to step their game up anymore. In conference play, here are players rebounding avgs:

Walker (5.4), Jeter (5), McCray (4.8), Diaz (4), Almeida (3.4), Beranek (3.4), Ubel (3).

You can't ask any of those guards to get more than 5 rebounds a game, you just can't. You damn sure can ask the 6'11'' Diaz to get more than 4 a game. The big men rebounding is horrid all around, but since this is a Diaz thread, I'll focus on him. One or two more rebounds last night (I know asking for more than 1 board in an entire game is asking quite a bit) and NU escapes with a win, period.

Were you personally at this game? I guess you had to be there since you've personally guaranteed that you attend more games than me. I'm interested in knowing how Diaz looked from your seat as compared to how he looked from others' seats or TVs. From your seat was it obvious that no one could score other than Diaz? From your seat, did it appear Jeter/Richardson's points were SOLELY because the defense was sooo focused on Diaz that these two had open lanes and shots all night? From your seat did it appear that if Diaz had tried to rebound better, he would have lost his offensive ability thus causing NU to lose 72-35? From your seat did it appear obvious that getting out-rebounded did not cost NU the game? From your seat were you applauding JBD's effort all night, never once asking him to grab a rebound? Cause from my seat it appeared pretty damn obvious that none of these is true. From my seat, it looked as if he would have made an attempt at just a couple rebounds, his team would have won.

I'm normally all for politely disagreeing, but you did come on here and tell all us we were wrong and needed to shut up. Please be a man, sign in, and defend your previous posts.

• Fire 1

Last nights performance inspired me to look into this statement of yours (We need points, other guys get rebounds). By saying this, I think we can all agree that you are saying 'Diaz has to be our scorer, don't worry about rebounding.' Richardson and Jeter's performance last night inspired me to do some number searching, just to see what you think about this.

Here are NU's leading scorers in every game this year. Player (# games as high scorer) (points each game)

Almeida (1) (20)

Ubel (2) (10, 11)

Jeter (4) (18, 16, 15, 13)

Diaz (4) (11, 14, 13, 13)

Walker (2) (13, 13)

Jones (2) (13, 11)

Richardson (2) (18, 20)

McCray (3) (15, 17, 18)

Gallegos (1) (15)

Diaz has been the leading scorer 4 games, he has not been the leading scorer 15 games. He has never been the leading scorer in conference play; in fact, he is only the 4th highest scorer on the team in league play.

Nebraska does NOT need his scoring, other guys have the ability to step up. Is it nice to have his inside game working? Abso-freakin-lutely. But if he's not scoring, other guys have proven they can step up.

Nebraska DOES need him to start rebounding, other guys DON'T have the ability to step their game up anymore. In conference play, here are players rebounding avgs:

Walker (5.4), Jeter (5), McCray (4.8), Diaz (4), Almeida (3.4), Beranek (3.4), Ubel (3).

You can't ask any of those guards to get more than 5 rebounds a game, you just can't. You damn sure can ask the 6'11'' Diaz to get more than 4 a game. The big men rebounding is horrid all around, but since this is a Diaz thread, I'll focus on him. One or two more rebounds last night (I know asking for more than 1 board in an entire game is asking quite a bit) and NU escapes with a win, period.

Were you personally at this game? I guess you had to be there since you've personally guaranteed that you attend more games than me. I'm interested in knowing how Diaz looked from your seat as compared to how he looked from others' seats or TVs. From your seat was it obvious that no one could score other than Diaz? From your seat, did it appear Jeter/Richardson's points were SOLELY because the defense was sooo focused on Diaz that these two had open lanes and shots all night? From your seat did it appear that if Diaz had tried to rebound better, he would have lost his offensive ability thus causing NU to lose 72-35? From your seat did it appear obvious that getting out-rebounded did not cost NU the game? From your seat were you applauding JBD's effort all night, never once asking him to grab a rebound? Cause from my seat it appeared pretty damn obvious that none of these is true. From my seat, it looked as if he would have made an attempt at just a couple rebounds, his team would have won.

I'm normally all for politely disagreeing, but you did come on here and tell all us we were wrong and needed to shut up. Please be a man, sign in, and defend your previous posts.

+1 ta bballbacker, nice to get it off the chest ain't it. Ahh, tis the beauty if this thread. Hiwever, I'd be lying if I had said I wasn't expecting some opposing views. I just figured it would have been a little more thought out and made a little more sense. Maybe the guy returns with a solid rebuttle. I can't wait, he has a little work to do to counter post.

Another thinf the games in which Diaz led the team in scoring this year were against Savannah St, Eastern Washington, Hofstra, and USC. There is one opponent in there that is an impressive team. USC is the only team in the nonconference that had a front court player that looks anything like the bigs he'd see in the Big XII. Oh, yeah he had a whopping 3 rebounds that game.

No what could be freaky though, Diaz's athleticism on Chris Neimann's frame and strength. Holy crap then I guess you'd have a player that would be playing at another college.

I have a question for you guys.

Will Diaz be the next Maric?

This is a serious question. Maric had a lot of haters. By his senior year, there were several people that liked him, but he still had more than his fair share of haters. Then he left, and suddenly everyone realized how valuable he was, despite all the times he frustrated us fans. I'm starting to think Diaz will be the same way. He is extremely frustrating as we all know, but if he wasn't on the team (as he may not be Wednesday), how badly will we wish he was on the floor?

No I don't believe so because at least Maric had heart and wanted to be on the floor. When Diaz is on the court it shows that he doesn't want to be there. Unless Diaz puts on a ton of weight I doubt it because Maric was a very good post defender as well. I remember when we played K-state in Lincoln, Beasley said he would put 50 on us and Maric took it personally and basically shut him down along with putting up something like 47 points and 18 rebounds. I don't think Diaz is capable of doing that in a 4 game span let alone a game. Unless Diaz shows some maturity I don't think he will be as good as Maric.

No I don't believe so because at least Maric had heart and wanted to be on the floor. When Diaz is on the court it shows that he doesn't want to be there. Unless Diaz puts on a ton of weight I doubt it because Maric was a very good post defender as well. I remember when we played K-state in Lincoln, Beasley said he would put 50 on us and Maric took it personally and basically shut him down along with putting up something like 47 points and 18 rebounds. I don't think Diaz is capable of doing that in a 4 game span let alone a game. Unless Diaz shows some maturity I don't think he will be as good as Maric.

Ditto. When Maric was shut down offensively and pushed around by the likes of stronger KU posts, he would turn up the intensity in defense, rebounding and trying to get others going on offense. Diaz does one of these things and that is pass, I will never overly dog his passing because it is pretty good. Is it just me or does Diaz seem to be in another realm when he is on the bench?

I will give him a pass last weekend because A, he played well offensively and appeared to be aggressive in getting his shot(15 attempts). And B, the crap in real life he is going through with his family. Condolences, and I hope he is back for KSU(if the blizzard from hell doesn't wipe it out).

He does still have 2 years left to add weight and find some intensity. I pretty much agree with what you two are saying, but I do think Diaz will make some big strides between now and his senior year. Hopefully by the time he's graduating Doc's recruiting has picked up and we have some 4 star center coming in (hey, a guy can hope!), but I'm gonna say by the time he's leaving, he'll leave pretty big shoes to fill.

As for this season, if he could take his aggressiveness from Saturday and set that as his minimum level of aggressiveness for the rest of the year, there might be some hope for him. I mean 5 rebounds is pretty impressive chuckleshuffle

• 4 weeks later...

I dont even know where to start. Seriously Doc, it would be worth it just to hook him up with roids. Even if he did get caught most likely there would be repercussion for both Diaz and Doc. Its a win-win situation.

Maybe in that case Diaz will be able to bench the bar and not get swatted every time he goes up for a lay-up

My personal favorite Diaz moments are the jump hooks that he expects to make jumping 4 inches off the ground and start from behind the back board. You are not on the island anymore Jorge, people here are just as tall and way better athletes. More to come.....

I also like how he tries to take the hook shot in under a second after he catches it, instead of backing the defender down to get an easier lay up or something. Wait a minute that won't work either because he shoots his layups all the way over the hoop to the other side without even touching the rim.