JBD It had to happen

man, the very first two points of the game for big red, diaz grabbed the pass, backed his guy in, and put it up for two like he was chewing bread. i cant figure the guy out.

bball_backer...i cant help to put a plug in here for your arguments being used as the same for a certain nebraska quarterback.

i will add, Maric was that team at that point, period. My cousin was a walk on while he was there, and there was no if and or buts about it. Doc altered his normal strategy to feature the australian.

and, dont be surprised to see him play for the aussies against the 'dream team' or whatever they call it now in the next olympics for those that havent followed him too much.

i will add, Maric was that team at that point, period. My cousin was a walk on while he was there, and there was no if and or buts about it. Doc altered his normal strategy to feature the australian.

and, dont be surprised to see him play for the aussies against the 'dream team' or whatever they call it now in the next olympics for those that havent followed him too much.

He played for the Australian National team in the FIBA World Championships I believe. They got 10th place, but still he played at one of the biggest stages of basketball.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow did no one get on this thread after the game? I haven't read the OSU thread yet, so maybe the bashing went on in there. I don't know what it looked like on tv, but being in person I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Diaz was making a point to show Doc, his teammates and the fans that he WASN'T trying. He got mad at one point in the game and looked at the bench, whining. From that point on, he literally stood. He did not work for position, seriously, he stood there with a defender half-assed guarding him and looking around like "is this kid for real? he's really not gonna try?". When he got the ball, he immediately threw it back out without even looking to score. The rebounding was a joke as well. On offense he turned to jog down the court while the ball was still in the air, and on defense he literally stood and watched others grab the ball. You probably couldn't see it on t.v., but Doc was furious at Diaz. When Almeida got hurt, Doc gave AA an "are you kidding me? stay out there" but when it was clear he needed to come out, Doc didn't even look at Diaz he just kinda motioned him in. Shortly after that there was a timeout, AA hobbled up to Doc and said "I'm good," and Doc just gave a look that said "good, get your hobbled ass in there so I can sit that piece of sh*t down."

I've supported Diaz of late, but I honestly have never seen a kid quit on his team like Diaz did. Absolutely disgusting. Frankly, I think the kid has tremendous upside but if I found out he quit the team I don't think I'd be one bit upset. Someone that can quit on their team like that deserves to be kicked off the damn team.

I didn't bother creating a thread for it and almost didn't even post it because frankly I'm ready to forget about Nebrasketball for awhile, but I'm bored tonight so here goes.

Possibly 2 leg and 2 foot surgeries this off season. Are you buying it?

I know players have said (and I think I posted it on here somewhere at some point in the season) Diaz doesn't dunk because it hurts his feet, maybe there was some truth to it. I'll buy that he was hurting I guess. However, this is letting him off too easy. I don't care if the guy couldn't feel anything below his neck, the lack of interest he showed while being ON THE FLOOR DURING THE GAME in KC is inexcusable and showed bigger problems than just some pain. Also, he showed some good hustle at ISU and even against Wichita St he was playing pretty aggressively (for him) for supposedly being that hurt.

I still think Diaz has amazing potential, but I was beginning to doubt he'd ever reach the level he's capable of; now I'm certain he won't. Missing the entire off-season to recover from multiple surgeries is the absolute last thing this kid needs. Of course if he's not going to try it's not like the off-season would've been good for much anyway... maybe he'll sit on his ass all summer and put on a little weight.

I didn't bother creating a thread for it and almost didn't even post it because frankly I'm ready to forget about Nebrasketball for awhile, but I'm bored tonight so here goes.

I know players have said (and I think I posted it on here somewhere at some point in the season) Diaz doesn't dunk because it hurts his feet, maybe there was some truth to it. I'll buy that he was hurting I guess. However, this is letting him off too easy. I don't care if the guy couldn't feel anything below his neck, the lack of interest he showed while being ON THE FLOOR DURING THE GAME in KC is inexcusable and showed bigger problems than just some pain. Also, he showed some good hustle at ISU and even against Wichita St he was playing pretty aggressively (for him) for supposedly being that hurt.

I still think Diaz has amazing potential, but I was beginning to doubt he'd ever reach the level he's capable of; now I'm certain he won't. Missing the entire off-season to recover from multiple surgeries is the absolute last thing this kid needs. Of course if he's not going to try it's not like the off-season would've been good for much anyway... maybe he'll sit on his ass all summer and put on a little weight.

It sucks if true for JBD, but it doesn't change my thought process. ANd here is why. Toney McCray has friggin plantar fascitis and he busts his ass on the floor, until he pisses Doc off and gets the hook. PF causes severe pain under the heel, hinders the dorsiflexion of the ankle(inability to turn inwards for non med people), and can lead to knee pain for over compensation. Yeah, none of those could affect ones basketball game.

Maybe JBD hits the bench after surgery and gains some upper body strength. Too bad because he will still have chicken legs and no lower body strength, which he needs a bunch of as well.

It sucks if true for JBD, but it doesn't change my thought process. ANd here is why. Toney McCray has friggin plantar fascitis and he busts his ass on the floor, until he pisses Doc off and gets the hook. PF causes severe pain under the heel, hinders the dorsiflexion of the ankle(inability to turn inwards for non med people), and can lead to knee pain for over compensation. Yeah, none of those could affect ones basketball game.

Maybe JBD hits the bench after surgery and gains some upper body strength. Too bad because he will still have chicken legs and no lower body strength, which he needs a bunch of as well.

Jesus is Doc's practices still run like a freaking drill camp. Seems like since he has got

here every year we have players hurt. Maybee I'm just over thinking it. But down here I don't hear about players getting hurt all the time and needing off season surgery?

• 7 months later...

Also, JBD added ANOTHER 20 pounds in this offseason. That is 40 in the last 2 years. You really can't ask for more than that, 20 pounds of muscle isn't easy to put on, let alone doing it twice. So lets see how the season plays out before we all complain about his weight and strength. You can't say he isn't making an effort to improve.