RPI info 2011

According to RealTimeRPI.com, we're the #87 team in all the land, rising fast. We have not one but TWO arrows by our name - both pointing up. I glanced at this site earlier this year and we were somewhere near the mid-100s, so this is a pretty good improvement.

They give us three quality wins so far - USC, Iowa State and Colorado. One bad loss - Davison.

They have us going 8-8 in the Big XII with their predictor stats. At 20-10, will that get us into the NCAA? That'll certainly be good enough for the NIT, right?

According to RealTimeRPI.com, we're the #87 team in all the land, rising fast. We have not one but TWO arrows by our name - both pointing up. I glanced at this site earlier this year and we were somewhere near the mid-100s, so this is a pretty good improvement.

They give us three quality wins so far - USC, Iowa State and Colorado. One bad loss - Davison.

They have us going 8-8 in the Big XII with their predictor stats. At 20-10, will that get us into the NCAA? That'll certainly be good enough for the NIT, right?

8-8 in the Big XII and 20-10 overall would put us about 6th in the Big XII. Depending on how we do in the Big XII tourney, I could see being on the right side of a bubble seat. Anything above 8-8 in conference play and we're in the NCAA Tourney, regardless of Big XII tourney results.

JMO though.

Doug Gottlieb (he's a huge douche, but he does know college basketball pretty darn well) said he thought NU had to go 10-6 in league play and win a couple in KC to get in. There's no way that is correct, but it does tell me that NU may have to do more than they have some years in order to get in. Only having 1 notable win in the non-con hurts badly, and even more so when you also have a notable loss. I'd say they need to go 9-7 and get one win in KC for a very good chance, but 8-8 with a win or two in KC should have them hot in the discussion; especially if they manage to beat a Texas or KU.

The Big 12 is a little down this year, which helps teams like NU if they can field a decent team, but also makes it a little tougher to put together a good resume.

Doug Gottlieb (he's a huge douche, but he does know college basketball pretty darn well) said he thought NU had to go 10-6 in league play and win a couple in KC to get in. There's no way that is correct, but it does tell me that NU may have to do more than they have some years in order to get in. Only having 1 notable win in the non-con hurts badly, and even more so when you also have a notable loss. I'd say they need to go 9-7 and get one win in KC for a very good chance, but 8-8 with a win or two in KC should have them hot in the discussion; especially if they manage to beat a Texas or KU.

The Big 12 is a little down this year, which helps teams like NU if they can field a decent team, but also makes it a little tougher to put together a good resume.

Without looking at the schedule too closely. I would think they have to beat either KU,A&M or Mizzou at home, plus finish .500 or better in conference to be considered. I think this team is capable of finishing 10-6 in conference, but they got to take care of the teams they know they can beat like TTech,OU and Iowa State. Sweeping KState I dont think is out of the question either.

One game at a time, though.

This is so nice. In no way do I think they'll go 10-6, but we can sit here and talk about if they do. Something we definitely weren't able to discuss last year. An NCAA berth is extremely far off and not at all likely, but again, we can sit here and talk about it as something more than just a fantasy. Heck, last night I sat and studied the Big XII standings and schedules just to see how high NU could climb in the next 10 days... way better than last year when I spent all my time figuring out who needed to lose so NU wouldn't finish 12th

Yeah I would say if we go 20-10 this year and reach the semi's in the Big 12 tourny I would say that we are in. Also if we play like Kansas or s A&M in the quarters and make it a really good game I think people would pay attention to that and we might be able to snag one of those las tspots. If we go 21-9 and have a winning record in the regular season I think if we just win one game we could definitely get in. We jsut need to take care of business. It also helps that we are a good Big 12 tourny team and we tend to play some of our best basketball then.

Gottlieb is a tool and isn't above playing down certain schools that he doesn't like. First off the cookie miller incident a couple of years ago.. now i've heard a ton of things about the CU game and what he said when he was doing that he is just a freaking tool. I understands he knows basketball, but 10-6 plus 2 wins in KC is not gonna be right.. 10-6 and a loss right away in KC would get us in i think.. 9-7 or 8-8 would be pushing our luck, but 10-6 in the big 12 will be in...