Taylor will have competition this season

Just sharing what my peepers have been seeing LYONS. Why would Martinez switch to safety with Osborne, Cassidy, Stafford, and Jackson being very capable players?

I can't really see Martinez laying the wood as a DB by any means/Intensity on Defense.

He's a QB. The scary thing is, he's only going to get better. I can't explain to you how much experience is valued in college football. The Kid is going to be a playmaker and hopefully Beck will actaully utilize his skill set and call some play-action passes, roll-outs, bootlegs. Exciting.

With the fact of Martinez breaking a smile.I guess it's a lot harder to be sarcastic over the internet. :blink:

I think someone should alert TM. I think we have a stage 5 here!!

The Kid is going to be a playmaker and hopefully Beck will actaully utilize his skill set and call some play-action passes, roll-outs, bootlegs. Exciting.

I think the last time we saw Taylor's out-of-pocket decision making, he flipped it forward into the face of a Washington defender, and then caught his own pass for a loss. Hope he improves a lot this spring.

T.M. would be a dangerous weapon rolling out and running bootlegs ... the problem is he hasn't shown he can do those things and can only throw in the pocket. My concern is ... does he have the natural instinct to execute those plays? I fear this may be an ability that either you have it or you don't and that coaching and practice may not be enough. I hope I'm totally wrong. He would be a huge threat if he could learn to execute those plays.

T.M. would be a dangerous weapon rolling out and running bootlegs ... the problem is he hasn't shown he can do those things and can only throw in the pocket. My concern is ... does he have the natural instinct to execute those plays? I fear this may be an ability that either you have it or you don't and that coaching and practice may not be enough. I hope I'm totally wrong. He would be a huge threat if he could learn to execute those plays.

He had some flashes last year of being capable of rolling out of the pocket, and making an accurate pass on the move. The one that stands out to me from the big 12 CG, on the 4th down play when he rolled out and threw a pretty ball to McNeill.

That being said, Watson failed to call nearly enough plays that allowed him to move around in the pocket.