National Signing Day

OK. Who on our roster makes you think of Blackmon right now?

I am not going to even try to compare any one to him. It was just a reference that not every stud is a 4 or 5 :star guy. But what has this offense shown to you that a "stud" receiver would want to come here, and let alone be able to produce like they'd want?

We will never get top WR products bc we are a primarily running team. We recruit dual-threat QBs who struggle in the passing game, but are fast as hell. Get used to it.

I respectfully disagree. Look at Oregon and Alabama, they both are teams that primarily run. And Darron Thomas isn't the greatest passer either but they manage to get great receivers. I think it comes down to recruiting and Gilmore isn't the greatest recruiter.

We will never get top WR products bc we are a primarily running team. We recruit dual-threat QBs who struggle in the passing game, but are fast as hell. Get used to it.

I respectfully disagree. Look at Oregon and Alabama, they both are teams that primarily run. And Darron Thomas isn't the greatest passer either but they manage to get great receivers. I think it comes down to recruiting and Gilmore isn't the greatest recruiter.

And coaching up those said receivers....well dedhoarse

That's bc their coaches are good enough to get the best out of them. I would say Alabama is a balanced team, not all about running. McEllroy is no Darren Thomas or Taylor Martinez in terms of running the football. But he is a much better passer than both of them, which draws a WR eye. Being in the SEC doesn't hurt their recruiting WR talent either. That is where most of the top WR talent comes from to begin with, Big 12 and SEC territory.

As far as Oregon, they do not get 4 or 5* WR on a consistent basis. They get the same WR talent as us, they just coach them up better than Gilmore is able to. And Im gonna say this, Kinnie could be something special for us next year if we get a new WR coach.

Heres Bo's answer to Bubba

On Bubba Starling and the chances of keeping him at Nebraska despite the MLB Draft

"It's not a recruiting process. Bubba will be here in the summer. I just visited with Bubba last Thursday night when I went to see him play basketball. You're not going to be another young man who's more excited about coming here to play football. The rest of that process will take care of itself. I don't think anybody - myself' date=' Bubba, his family - has a crystal ball to look into the future and see exactly what's going to happen. I do know that right now he's fully committed to coming to Nebraska and impacting our football program."[/quote']

Give me a min to get link, I accidentally deleted that page.

Link: http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205088155

I really hope we can recruit or develop some top notch pass catchers. I have some amount of hope for Reed and Kinne. Let's have an offensive style where we run and pass. I mean, looking back on those days where we faced the Miami's of the world and got absolutely shut down in the run game with no way to make teams pay for doing that, well, it sucked.

I really hope we can recruit or develop some top notch pass catchers. I have some amount of hope for Reed and Kinne. Let's have an offensive style where we run and pass. I mean, looking back on those days where we faced the Miami's of the world and got absolutely shut down in the run game with no way to make teams pay for doing that, well, it sucked.

yeah, the 90's were awful for us. just thinking about all that running makes me want to polish my collectible callahan era coin and have a good cry.

The national title years were GREAT. The years before those great years were LEAN. And even that first championship was tough to get through. Watch TOs first title game against the 'Canes. We couldn't run the ball very well or pass the ball very well through most of the contest. Heck, we were down 17-7 in the second half. But we wore them down...thankfully. If the Miami D would have been in better shape....we would have been in BIG TROUBLE.

The national title years were GREAT. The years before those great years were LEAN. And even that first championship was tough to get through. Watch TOs first title game against the 'Canes. We couldn't run the ball very well or pass the ball very well through most of the contest. Heck, we were down 17-7 in the second half. But we wore them down...thankfully. If the Miami D would have been in better shape....we would have been in BIG TROUBLE.

yes, i watched it live. we beat a defense led by two future NFL hall of fame defenders in warren sapp and ray lewis (along with a cast of other future NFL players) by wearing them down with the ground game. i'm sorry you apparently don't understand how we won that game against such a great defense, but i suggest you watch it more as it was a thing of beauty.

also, since you are apparently unaware, we consistently won more games than anyone and were in the national title picture regularly in the years before TO finally won a title. all but the early 70's was done with ground based attacks. win the line of scrimmage, win the game. it's not that complicated. did we lose games to other great teams at times? sure, but that doesn't change the fact that year after year, we won at a rate no one else could match. winning them all requires a bit of luck once you put yourself in position to make a run at it. TO's "luck" didn't come until the 90's, but i think you are drastically misunderstanding what NU football accomplished during the TO era.

• Fire 1