UFC: Silva vs. Belfort

Ratt Mhule

Ok three things I want to know since I missed the first part of the PPV...who won the Jake Ellenberger fight, the Miguel Torres Fight, and the Jon Jones/Ryan Bader Fight?

Jake Ellenberger won by Unanimous Decision and Jon Jones won by Submission in the 2nd round. Jon Jones will be fighting Shogun on March 19 for the Light Heavyweight belt

This is why I wasn't real excited to see Vitor fight Anderson. Anderson's biggest weakness is wrestlers, which why guys like Sonnnen and Dan Henderson have had success against him. I was really hoping Vitor was going to blow him up, but at least Anderson didn't dance around and go to decision.

Ok three things I want to know since I missed the first part of the PPV...who won the Jake Ellenberger fight, the Miguel Torres Fight, and the Jon Jones/Ryan Bader Fight?

Jake Ellenberger won by Unanimous Decision and Jon Jones won by Submission in the 2nd round. Jon Jones will be fighting Shogun on March 19 for the Light Heavyweight belt

Actually Jake won split decision bc I remember Rogan saying we need to find that judge bc thats ridiculous. And Silva pisses me off with all the dancing and taunting he does. It was funny for the first round against Maia, but now its just old. Well heres to GSP knocking him off :cheers

This is why I wasn't real excited to see Vitor fight Anderson. Anderson's biggest weakness is wrestlers, which why guys like Sonnnen and Dan Henderson have had success against him. I was really hoping Vitor was going to blow him up, but at least Anderson didn't dance around and go to decision.

He did for the first two min.

Jake Ellenberger should be in the top 10 in his division now at least. That is three wins in a row. GSP will dominate Anderson Silva if Silva doesn't change his fighting style. GSP is a really good boxer, but even better at wrestling and SUBMISSION DEFENSE, which is huge because Anderson will get taken down often and not be able to do anything on his back. That front head kick won't work in future fights, Belfort is just retarted enough to stand there and not even try to block it.

Jake Ellenberger should be in the top 10 in his division now at least. That is three wins in a row. GSP will dominate Anderson Silva if Silva doesn't change his fighting style. GSP is a really good boxer, but even better at wrestling and SUBMISSION DEFENSE, which is huge because Anderson will get taken down often and not be able to do anything on his back. That front head kick won't work in future fights, Belfort is just retarted enough to stand there and not even try to block it.

Jake didn't really look too good. He got dominated on ground and after the first round it was pretty slow moving. Even Rogan said he wasn't impressed with Jake.

Jake didn't really look too good. He got dominated on ground and after the first round it was pretty slow moving. Even Rogan said he wasn't impressed with Jake.

Well everyone has a bad night. He still won on that bad night and all of his other fights were pretty impressive. Even his loss to Carlos Condit was complete and utter bs, he got jipped on a decision on that fight and that is his only loss in the UFC I think.

Jake was getting worked on the ground tonight. He looked kinda slow in his stand up. I also noticed he was constantly adjusting his shorts :blink:

Ya he almost got submitted a few times in that first round. After that he was scared to be taken down, so he didn't go after the guy much.

Jones is a beast and made Bader look like a little kid.

Also, Bader screwed the pooch losing tonight. He might have gotten that title shot if he beat Jones.

Yea he probably would have because he would have been undefeated still, but Jon Jones has the longest reach I have ever seen and he is extremely athletic, so he is a tough opponent for anybody. I think he will give Shogun and run for his money in their fight.