Frost/Warinner

He was offensive coordinator for Army for two years in 1998-1999, and offensive coordinator at Kansas from 2007-2009. Granted - that is the kind of situation where you'd say "It's Mangino's offense, who are we kidding here." He left because Mangino was fired and they cleaned house.

Not the sexiest pick but we are talking about OC after all. If someone's going to call the plays, better Warinner than Frost.

A lot of the sexier picks that were names thrown around don't appear to be options. I guess Phillips maybe, but I know nothing about him.

Not to get us off topic on this thread, but with all of the speculation about potential OCs, has anyone heard any names of possible for the WR position? Kind of surprising how that hasn't really been discussed much, especially with the expectation that Bo will unveil all of the new hires at once sometime next week.

Im guessing it depends on who is hired, their could be some resuffling of current staff to different positions. If Warinner gets hired I could see Barney moving to TEs Brown moving to WRs and Warinner coaches the Oline, with Beck coaching either RBs or QBs, or both. Its really tough to say right now, with it will sort itself out.

That's true. And it sounds like at least at first Bo was trying to get Frost to come over to be the WR coach, though apparently Frost didn't bite on that. Maybe your reshuffling idea is Bo's plan B.

Not to get us off topic on this thread, but with all of the speculation about potential OCs, has anyone heard any names of possible for the WR position? Kind of surprising how that hasn't really been discussed much, especially with the expectation that Bo will unveil all of the new hires at once sometime next week.

Im guessing it depends on who is hired, their could be some resuffling of current staff to different positions. If Warinner gets hired I could see Barney moving to TEs Brown moving to WRs and Warinner coaches the Oline, with Beck coaching either RBs or QBs, or both. Its really tough to say right now, with it will sort itself out.

That's true. And it sounds like at least at first Bo was trying to get Frost to come over to be the WR coach, though apparently Frost didn't bite on that. Maybe your reshuffling idea is Bo's plan B.

Bo doesn't seem like the negotiating type, id say if Frost didn't take the first offer then that could be it for the Frost to NU talk.... maybe....

Is it correct to say that Warriner's major focus in his career has be the O-line? If so, that would certainly ease some of my concern about Barney if he were hired.

There are teams that have two OL coaches. Barney would be kept since he has done a very good job of recruiting quality players and Warriner would be the one teaching technique or basically coaching them since Barney cant' get them to preform. Unfortunately Barney is too well connected to the right people (for him) and it would be hard to totally get rid of him.

Bo doesn't seem like the negotiating type, id say if Frost didn't take the first offer then that could be it for the Frost to NU talk.... maybe....

The new OC has been hired, but not very many people know who it is. But it's "Bo's man" and this is a good thing since these hires are basically Bo's last chance of succeeding here. If these guys fail, Bo fails. I'm guessing that it's the guy from Houston, but I don't know. Just an semi-educated guess.

Frost isn't' coming unless reality slaps him in the face. He still has too big of a head and doesn't want to be a Co anything even though he has done absolutely nothing to deserve it.

Our defense was awful in 2007. Watson's offense was right on the heels of his that year. Kansas - #8. Nebraska - #9.

Source

Good point, but KU was putting up points on everyone that year.... In the end it comes down to the players, and you never know how much sucess is based on talent and how much is coaching....

Other than Coz's pathetic Big 10 defense, that was part of why 2007 was such a crappy season. Both Mizzou and KU had thier best teams in thier sorry history and NU played 10 bowl teams that year. The most ever in the school history and I doubt we are that unlucky again to have everyone on our schedule have a great year at the same time.

The new OC has been hired, but not very many people know who it is. But it's "Bo's man" and this is a good thing since these hires are basically Bo's last chance of succeeding here. If these guys fail, Bo fails. I'm guessing that it's the guy from Houston, but I don't know. Just an semi-educated guess.

Frost isn't' coming unless reality slaps him in the face. He still has too big of a head and doesn't want to be a Co anything even though he has done absolutely nothing to deserve it.

Where did this news come from?

From the same people that I got all of the other info from. The announcements of all of the new coaches are going to be announced this Friday from what I have heard.

Is it correct to say that Warriner's major focus in his career has be the O-line? If so, that would certainly ease some of my concern about Barney if he were hired.

There are teams that have two OL coaches. Barney would be kept since he has done a very good job of recruiting quality players and Warriner would be the one teaching technique or basically coaching them since Barney cant' get them to preform. Unfortunately Barney is too well connected to the right people (for him) and it would be hard to totally get rid of him.

Taking marching orders from a competent OC could help Barney boatloads. It's almost impossible for a position coach to look good under a dismal (at best) OC so we'll see....

From the same people that I got all of the other info from. The announcements of all of the new coaches are going to be announced this Friday from what I have heard.

the announcment may not come till Friday, but this thing is gonna wrapped up no later than Wednesday. I think getting Phillips somewhat of long shot, Houston is mostly passing oriented team and absolutely doesnt run the ball. We supposedly have the players in place to run the spread or atleast getting their. Switching to what Houston does is completely stupid. It would take gutting the entire offensive team to do this, I think it would be 2004 all over again. Bo wants to win now, going into a completely different scheme could set us back 3-4 years.

the announcment may not come till Friday, but this thing is gonna wrapped up no later than Wednesday. I think getting Phillips somewhat of long shot, Houston is mostly passing oriented team and absolutely doesnt run the ball. We supposedly have the players in place to run the spread or atleast getting their. Switching to what Houston does is completely stupid. It would take gutting the entire offensive team to do this, I think it would be 2004 all over again. Bo wants to win now, going into a completely different scheme could set us back 3-4 years.

If we end up installing a passing offense I would crap my pants and post an angry drunken rant. I HATE Ttech's offense, and I HATE Mizzou's offense. Up with it I will not put!