Frost/Warinner

FWIW, Ed Warinner has his own instructional video series.

Personally I'd be thrilled to have Warinner on staff whether in OL or OC capacity. His OL experience dates back to 1987 while he also has 5 years of OC experience at two different schools (Army '97-'98 & Kansas '07-'09).

I'm not opposed to Frost coming here either in whatever capacity. Some people are a quick study and for all we know Frost knows Chip's offensive tendencies like the back of his hand? It sounds like Oregon is willing to do whatever to keep Frost up there which is a compliment to his abilities as a coach. I'm sure his upside is through the roof.

In the end I'd be happy with either Warinner or Frost in a co-OC capacity. My guess is Beck will be the other co-OC. He was always rumored to be the next OC when Watson left.

I've heard from one person he's out of the mix but hes not my strongest person when it comes to knowing things like this. Still he's close enough to the program its probably better than 50/50.

Who is out of the mix?

EW

Thanks. They couldn't string this along any further could they? :sarcasm

Hahaha. We could ask Steve Pederson to help...that could slow it down.

But hey.....it could just as easily bust loose too.

For the folks hating on Frost, what in the world do you expect? You think he should take a move to co-oc where he'll be publicly accountable for the offense's performance, but not have actual control over it? Why in the world would he stake his reputation to something that isn't his when he can stay in Oregon and let his reputation continue to grow as Chip Kelly's offenses continue to succeed?

The people expecting Frost to come back just because he's from Nebraska is just as bad as wanting him to come back just because he's from Nebraska. He's got a good job, he's got no reason to make a lateral move, and people are calling him greedy? All he's saying is that he wants a real promotion (not just a title bump). That's not asking for too much, or being greedy, it's perfectly reasonable.

Bo's not being unreasonable by looking for someone with some coordinating experience, and Frost isn't being unreasonable by looking for real responsibilities more than he has now. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, there's no need to blame either side.

Who's hating on Frost? Or do you consider pointing out that Frost has much less experience than Warinner to be "hating on him"?

Does anybody think that if we can't find an experienced OC to come in, that we offer Frost OC? Even though he doesn't have alot of experience, he can't be much worse than Watson. He will get better as he gains experience.

I don't think he comes now even if hes offered the OC spot. At least that's the vibe I've gotten this afternoon. I think we're probably on to new fish by Sunday afternoon if we can't get him by then in some capacity.

For the folks hating on Frost, what in the world do you expect? You think he should take a move to co-oc where he'll be publicly accountable for the offense's performance, but not have actual control over it? Why in the world would he stake his reputation to something that isn't his when he can stay in Oregon and let his reputation continue to grow as Chip Kelly's offenses continue to succeed?

The people expecting Frost to come back just because he's from Nebraska is just as bad as wanting him to come back just because he's from Nebraska. He's got a good job, he's got no reason to make a lateral move, and people are calling him greedy? All he's saying is that he wants a real promotion (not just a title bump). That's not asking for too much, or being greedy, it's perfectly reasonable.

Bo's not being unreasonable by looking for someone with some coordinating experience, and Frost isn't being unreasonable by looking for real responsibilities more than he has now. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, there's no need to blame either side.

Who's hating on Frost? Or do you consider pointing out that Frost has much less experience than Warinner to be "hating on him"?

No. But I think it's uncool to call him greedy or unloyal for wanting the coordinator job.

Herc, looking at this objectively I can't help but think it'd be crazy for Frost to leave what he has in Oregon right now and come here. It sounds still like something we are going to miss out on because of timing. But if his interest in returning home is that sincere, then I don't see why it can't be revisited in future years.

Does anybody think that if we can't find an experienced OC to come in, that we offer Frost OC? Even though he doesn't have alot of experience, he can't be much worse than Watson. He will get better as he gains experience.

I don't think he comes now even if hes offered the OC spot. At least that's the vibe I've gotten this afternoon. I think we're probably on to new fish by Sunday afternoon if we can't get him by then in some capacity.

If he's actually offered the offensive coordinator position, he'd be crazy to refuse, I don't care how good his current job is.

No. But I think it's uncool to call him greedy or unloyal for wanting the coordinator job.

I'll agree with that.

If he's actually offered the offensive coordinator position, he'd be crazy to refuse, I don't care how good his current job is.

Well that won't happen anyway. The best it ever was going to get for him was a Co-OC and someone else calling the plays. And that additional title was so he could say he was getting a better deal.

The good news is that is sounds like the defensive coaches all passed background checks so they're in.

I don't know for certain but beck is going to atleast have a hand in calling plays from what I've heard. That leaves frost or warinner with a co whatever they become. Better than what frost has now. I actually believe from tom and bo's demeanor lately that frost is a tough sell and drives a hard bargain. The ship has either set sail or its about to sink. I personally have a feeling frost ends up N although current mood and actions say otherwise. But the best coaches are hard to get and deals can happen last minute.

Well that won't happen anyway. The best it ever was going to get for him was a Co-OC and someone else calling the plays. And that additional title was so he could say he was getting a better deal.

The good news is that is sounds like the defensive coaches all pa

You seem to be in the know, whose the netx OC?

Herc, looking at this objectively I can't help but think it'd be crazy for Frost to leave what he has in Oregon right now and come here. It sounds still like something we are going to miss out on because of timing. But if his interest in returning home is that sincere, then I don't see why it can't be revisited in future years.

I wouldn't say it'd be crazy for him to leave Oregon for a lateral move, but I think that's as big a risk for him as making him Nebraska's offensive coordinator is for us. If neither side is willing to take the risk, I don't think it's going to happen.

As far as the future, it'll all just depend on the circumstances. If he gets promoted to OC at Oregon, there may be no reason for him to make a lateral move to OC at Nebraska. Or if he becomes OC someplace smaller, hey may have his people in place and have relationships with that staff and those players, and choose that over coaching at a bigger program like his alma mater.

This is probably the best opening you're ever going to get with Frost. He's a rising star, we have a chance to nab him before he explodes. Furthermore, the other names that have come up seem only slightly more favorable (not even more favorable, just safer) because of experience alone.

I don't know for certain but beck is going to atleast have a hand in calling plays from what I've heard. That leaves frost or warinner with a co whatever they become. Better than what frost has now. I actually believe from tom and bo's demeanor lately that frost is a tough sell and drives a hard bargain. The ship has either set sail or its about to sink. I personally have a feeling frost ends up N although current mood and actions say otherwise. But the best coaches are hard to get and deals can happen last minute.

It won't be either of those two. I'm pretty sure of it now. Unless Frost can live with less than he demanded and that's pretty slim. EW isn't even being talked with right now.

The good news is that is sounds like the defensive coaches all pa

You seem to be in the know, whose the netx OC?

If I had to put money on it. At this point I'd put it on Beck. Or at least he will be calling the plays unless some new highly experienced OC crops up. I suppose that could change, but its the most likely now.