Frost/Warinner

Are the rumors that Cotton might be shuffled into an administrative position still floating around? I think he could handle the Recruiting Coordinator duties. :dunno

I think if Warinner is hired, I could see Cotton being shuffled to something else, TEs or adminstrative job like Jamrog. But that means we need to hire some else if Cotton goes the adminstrative route.

No, I don't take it personal. I don't take anything personal from a message board. You were just being a smartass, but I haven't been around this board for very long so that may be your thing.

Better get used to it bc thats what a lot of people do around here. They joke around a lot and I am one of those people also. U need a sense of humor on this board and if not your just gonna find yourself getting into a lot of arguments with people over nothing.

There is a differnce between joking and being an smartass. We all know the difference. Don't worry I'm not going to argue with anyone over being a smartass.

Are the rumors that Cotton might be shuffled into an administrative position still floating around? I think he could handle the Recruiting Coordinator duties. :dunno

I think if Warinner is hired, I could see Cotton being shuffled to something else, TEs or adminstrative job like Jamrog. But that means we need to hire some else if Cotton goes the adminstrative route.

Admin/co OL coach in charge of recruiting but Warinner would be doing all of the coaching since Barney has always sucked at the coaching part.

Admin/co OL coach in charge of recruiting but Warinner would be doing all of the coaching since Barney has always sucked at the coaching part.

That statement just nulified what you said about Warinner being hired.

People in the know dont throw coaches under the bus.

Thats fine you know people that are donors and what not. Ive just stated that Im not believing what is posted on here until hits the some reliable sources. On tuesday I didnt believe a thing about Watson, Gilmore, and Sanders, but by Wednesday night I was proved pretty much wrong, which doesnt bother me.

By way everything you posted about the reasons Grobe wasnt hired is pretty much common knowledge. Now about Bo having an agreement that he was gonna be the head coach after Okie Lite cant be true. Didnt T.O. just takeover the AD position about that time. Based on your theory/timetable TO wouldve had to get permission from Wake Forest and LSU before he agreed to become AD. Then go to atlanta and interview Grobe, tell him he had to hire Frankies guys. Which some were still employed by the other universities. Then do the samething with Bo, this process had start in September. Even if Tom did hire Bo after the OSU game then he would had to get permission from LSU which was in the middle of NC run, so I dont think that would have happened.

Plus, Tom wouldnt waste the schools and donors money(which is people you know apparently) flying around to do "mock" interviews. Grobe, Gill, Bo were the only 3 candidates with Grobe and Bo being the only serious 2 but all 3 interviewed. The reason Bo was hired was because help needed in the defensive department and that is the reason Watson and Gilmore were still here.

He was hired three days after the loss and had "unofficial" contact with him, kind of like Bo had with Miami this year in his first week here, TO knew who the fan base wanted and he also knew that Bo would hire his guys back, so it was a win-win for TO. He talked to Grobe after the season a few days after talking to Bo in BR. As for Frank's assistants, Most of them were not working and the others who were employed would come back, there was no need to officially talk to them about any job.

The last paragraph you are just being naive. TO is huge on perception and would do anything to stay in the good graces of NU and it's fans. For the school 75K isn't that much money, but it was all a show to give the perception that there was a legit coaching search when there wasn't. Grobe was the equivalent to any token black coach that gets interviewed in the NFL under the Rooney rule. You are right about Watson and Gilmore and it worked for the first year, but then we ran out of good QB's and Bo started to micromanage the offense and now our offense is the equivalent to that 2007 defense.

After Sanders and (hopefully) Cotton are gone, how many of Franks guys are left from that 2003 staff not counting the Pelini's? Is there anybody left? I think the only one that moved on to become successful was Turner.

That statement just nulified what you said about Warinner being hired.

People in the know dont throw coaches under the bus.

Huh? WTH are you talking about? You are not making any sense at all. You are talking out of your anus now.

Thats fine you know people that are donors and what not. Ive just stated that Im not believing what is posted on here until hits the some reliable sources. On tuesday I didnt believe a thing about Watson, Gilmore, and Sanders, but by Wednesday night I was proved pretty much wrong, which doesnt bother me.

By way everything you posted about the reasons Grobe wasnt hired is pretty much common knowledge. Now about Bo having an agreement that he was gonna be the head coach after Okie Lite cant be true. Didnt T.O. just takeover the AD position about that time. Based on your theory/timetable TO wouldve had to get permission from Wake Forest and LSU before he agreed to become AD. Then go to atlanta and interview Grobe, tell him he had to hire Frankies guys. Which some were still employed by the other universities. Then do the samething with Bo, this process had start in September. Even if Tom did hire Bo after the OSU game then he would had to get permission from LSU which was in the middle of NC run, so I dont think that would have happened.

Plus, Tom wouldnt waste the schools and donors money(which is people you know apparently) flying around to do "mock" interviews. Grobe, Gill, Bo were the only 3 candidates with Grobe and Bo being the only serious 2 but all 3 interviewed. The reason Bo was hired was because help needed in the defensive department and that is the reason Watson and Gilmore were still here.

He was hired three days after the loss and had "unofficial" contact with him, kind of like Bo had with Miami this year in his first week here, TO knew who the fan base wanted and he also knew that Bo would hire his guys back, so it was a win-win for TO. He talked to Grobe after the season a few days after talking to Bo in BR. As for Frank's assistants, Most of them were not working and the others who were employed would come back, there was no need to officially talk to them about any job.

The last paragraph you are just being naive. TO is huge on perception and would do anything to stay in the good graces of NU and it's fans. For the school 75K isn't that much money, but it was all a show to give the perception that there was a legit coaching search when there wasn't. Grobe was the equivalent to any token black coach that gets interviewed in the NFL under the Rooney rule. You are right about Watson and Gilmore and it worked for the first year, but then we ran out of good QB's and Bo started to micromanage the offense and now our offense is the equivalent to that 2007 defense.

After Sanders and (hopefully) Cotton are gone, how many of Franks guys are left from that 2003 staff not counting the Pelini's? Is there anybody left? I think the only one that moved on to become successful was Turner.

You lost me at this. Why would he waste his time interviewing Grobe if everybody wanted Bo, myself included. Before you were saying that Grobe didnt get hired because he didnt want any of franks assistants. Now you are saying it was a token interview. It is either one or the other it cant be both.

grobe06cropped.jpg

Grobe doesn't look black to me.

OK, but Jim Grobe is white. Maybe you meant Turner for the Rooney Rule, but it isn't really in place in college.

After Sanders and Cotton, there is still Ron Brown.

I was comparing the Grobe interview to a "Rooney Rule" token interview in the pros. It was done because it had to be done, not because he had any chance of getting the job. And it had to be done to show the perception of a true coaching search, in which there wasn't.

You have to remember that TO was a politician for 10 years between coaching and being the AD. Perception is everything when it comes to politics.

You lost me at this. Why would he waste his time interviewing Grobe if everybody wanted Bo, myself included. Before you were saying that Grobe didnt get hired because he didnt want any of franks assistants. Now you are saying it was a token interview. It is either one or the other it cant be both.

It's easy, it was a token interview in which TO knew that if he told Grobe that he had to hire Frank's guys, then Jim wouldn't want the job, nobody would. So then you get your token interview and then hire Bo and it's all good.

It's all about perception. Read my last post about that.

grobe06cropped.jpg

Grobe doesn't look black to me.

Reading Comprehension isn't very good around here is it?

doublefacepalm1.jpg

OK, but Jim Grobe is white. Maybe you meant Turner for the Rooney Rule, but it isn't really in place in college.

After Sanders and Cotton, there is still Ron Brown.

I was comparing the Grobe interview to a "Rooney Rule" token interview in the pros. It was done because it had to be done, not because he had any chance of getting the job. And it had to be done to show the perception of a true coaching search, in which there wasn't.

You have to remember that TO was a politician for 10 years between coaching and being the AD. Perception is everything when it comes to politics.

Sorry, I completely missed that. I did think similarly of the Grobe interview particularly in light of the stuff about the assistants. Of course, I don't know if TO's mind was made up either, or if it was a booster play, as has been suggested before.