Frost/Warinner

We were never going to think 'big'.

co-OCs isn't really thinking big. Thinking big is bringing in a proven guy who will bring some assistants with him, rather than supplementing the current staff with two new guys and handing one or two of them co- duties.

absolutely.....seems we're shopping at Wal-Mart, not Maceys.

Does anybody think that if we can't find an experienced OC to come in, that we offer Frost OC? Even though he doesn't have alot of experience, he can't be much worse than Watson. He will get better as he gains experience.

I don't think he comes now even if hes offered the OC spot. At least that's the vibe I've gotten this afternoon. I think we're probably on to new fish by Sunday afternoon if we can't get him by then in some capacity.

If he's actually offered the offensive coordinator position, he'd be crazy to refuse, I don't care how good his current job is.

Well that won't happen anyway. The best it ever was going to get for him was a Co-OC and someone else calling the plays. And that additional title was so he could say he was getting a better deal.

The good news is that is sounds like the defensive coaches all pa

You seem to be in the know, whose the netx OC?

If I had to put money on it. At this point I'd put it on Beck. Or at least he will be calling the plays unless some new highly experienced OC crops up. I suppose that could change, but its the most likely now.

I just heard that Beck and Warriner will be co-oc's with Warriner also co-OL and Beck as QB coach. Frost was wanted as RB coach, but it's not going to happen unless Bo gives in and makes him co-OC with either Beck or Warriner.

And the reason why we have to wait to announce who is going to be hired, since NU is a public school, the job has to be posted for a certain amount of time. So if anyone wants to apply for an assistant coaching job, here's were you go...lol.

https://employment.unl.edu/applicant...stingId=238789

Does anybody think that if we can't find an experienced OC to come in, that we offer Frost OC? Even though he doesn't have alot of experience, he can't be much worse than Watson. He will get better as he gains experience.

I don't think he comes now even if hes offered the OC spot. At least that's the vibe I've gotten this afternoon. I think we're probably on to new fish by Sunday afternoon if we can't get him by then in some capacity.

If he's actually offered the offensive coordinator position, he'd be crazy to refuse, I don't care how good his current job is.

Well that won't happen anyway. The best it ever was going to get for him was a Co-OC and someone else calling the plays. And that additional title was so he could say he was getting a better deal.

If I had to put money on it. At this point I'd put it on Beck. Or at least he will be calling the plays unless some new highly experienced OC crops up. I suppose that could change, but its the most likely now.

I just heard that Beck and Warriner will be co-oc's with Warriner also co-OL and Beck as QB coach. Frost was wanted as RB coach, but it's not going to happen unless Bo gives in and makes him co-OC with either Beck or Warriner.

I just heard myself fart.

This maybe the case, but Im not believing anything until it hits the media outlets.

This maybe the case, but Im not believing anything until it hits the media outlets.

Well since you are so smart why don't you go apply for the job?

I did Bo didnt like me.

Are you taking it personal that I dont believe what you "heard" until it hits the media. Im sorry I just dont believe anything is solidify yet in the coaching situation, give it a couple days. Considering you think announcment isnt coming till Friday. If they already hired someone, they wouldnt wait till Friday.... they couldnt hold it in that long without the media getting a hold of it.

I did Bo didnt like me.

Are you taking it personal that I dont believe what you "heard" until it hits the media. Im sorry I just dont believe anything is solidify yet in the coaching situation, give it a couple days. Considering you think announcment isnt coming till Friday. If they already hired someone, they wouldnt wait till Friday.... they couldnt hold it in that long without the media getting a hold of it.

No, I don't take it personal. I don't take anything personal from a message board. You were just being a smartass, but I haven't been around this board for very long so that may be your thing.

I'm just passing out info as I hear it from trustworthy people that haven't led me wrong since I've known them in 2001. In case you are wondering, they are donors that get told this kind of stuff or they know people that can get the info. It was nice to know what was really going on during Peterson's mishandling of the Solich firing and TO's charade of a coaching search in 2007. Bo already had an agreement to become the HC after the oSu loss that year. So TO wasted 75K of the school's money to fly to BR and Atlanta (to interview Grobe, the only guy other than Bo that was interviewed) but Grobe was told that he had to hire most of Frank's assistants and wasn't allowed to bring his own. So that's why Grobe never took the job and why Bo was such a shoe in for the job since he was already friends with all of Frank's former assistants and would have hired them anyway.

But anyway I think Bo was the right man for the job, I just hope he gives whoever the new OC or Co/OC's the room to do what they want and not micromanage them like he did Watson.

Thats fine you know people that are donors and what not. Ive just stated that Im not believing what is posted on here until hits the some reliable sources. On tuesday I didnt believe a thing about Watson, Gilmore, and Sanders, but by Wednesday night I was proved pretty much wrong, which doesnt bother me.

By way everything you posted about the reasons Grobe wasnt hired is pretty much common knowledge. Now about Bo having an agreement that he was gonna be the head coach after Okie Lite cant be true. Didnt T.O. just takeover the AD position about that time. Based on your theory/timetable TO wouldve had to get permission from Wake Forest and LSU before he agreed to become AD. Then go to atlanta and interview Grobe, tell him he had to hire Frankies guys. Which some were still employed by the other universities. Then do the samething with Bo, this process had start in September. Even if Tom did hire Bo after the OSU game then he would had to get permission from LSU which was in the middle of NC run, so I dont think that would have happened.

Plus, Tom wouldnt waste the schools and donors money(which is people you know apparently) flying around to do "mock" interviews. Grobe, Gill, Bo were the only 3 candidates with Grobe and Bo being the only serious 2 but all 3 interviewed. The reason Bo was hired was because help needed in the defensive department and that is the reason Watson and Gilmore were still here.

No, I don't take it personal. I don't take anything personal from a message board. You were just being a smartass, but I haven't been around this board for very long so that may be your thing.

Better get used to it bc thats what a lot of people do around here. They joke around a lot and I am one of those people also. U need a sense of humor on this board and if not your just gonna find yourself getting into a lot of arguments with people over nothing.

Better get used to it bc thats what a lot of people do around here. They joke around a lot and I am one of those people also. U need a sense of humor on this board and if not your just gonna find yourself getting into a lot of arguments with people over nothing.

yeah I get in similar arguments with my five year old

Any scenario that involves Cotton staying here.....I'm against. He's horrible........

Cotton should be let go..... but we really dont know what is going on in North Stadium between the coaches. It could be chemistry and schematic thing but atleast we are making changes to get us their. You find the root of the problem or atleast close to it and fix it. If the Oline dont perform this next year and think we will be dealing with this again this time in 2012.