Most impressed with todays win....Your thoughts

Mine was of our pass blocking. They looked really good out there. Your going to give up a sack or two but for the most part they gave time for Zack to read and react to the WR's. This is the first time in about 3 years that I have seen the Huskers play well on all aspects of the game. Kicker missed one but came back and booted 2 in. Offense moved the ball damn well. Defense was in the face of the QB all day. Secondary can use some work but thats for later on to discuss. Right now it's all about enjoying the win ! Great JOB HUSKERS....YOU DESERVED THIS ONE!

I was most impressed with ZT and his ability to check down to a second receiver. I thought we had some guys step up big today.(Swift, Mulkey, Ross as a Receiver)

If we can start to gel as an offense i think that we are going to be a tough team to beat. Great win today by the Big Red.

:thumbs

I was on my nerves when we began overtime play. We haven't been able to punch in a touchdown all season long, so i thought that if ISU scored a touchdown, we were screwed. The only thing i will bitch about is giving ISU's receivers room to catch the ball in hopes that the running game did not take off for them (and it showed with ISU's total passing yards). We can't do that against Texas Tech or we will lose by 3-4 touchdowns. Our drives looked awesome, with the exception of half a dozen dropped balls (2 critical ones that could have lead to a TD).

Very nice win for the Huskers today. They stepped up and played a nice game, played hard and got a good win :thumbs

The D line looked superb on the pass rush, but there were quite a few ISU WRs running wide open down the field, the NU DBs didnt seem to cover well, and there were alot of pass interference penalties.

Seems like without Ross, the offense is a no-go. Great job Cory! :cheers

Im trying to figure out why Grixby was returning punts, as Nunn seems to be better back there :blink: Also, not that it mattered much, but it concerns me that ISU was pretty bad against the run, yet NU got almost nothing on the ground. Part of that was play calling :wacko: and that NU threw 56 times.

Lets see if they can keep momentum going into next week, cause Im afraid that Tech is a whole new animal. Im not sure that NU can hold them below 5 td's.

Every game adds experience to a lot of players. Other than as previously mentioned of the dropped passes the receivers looked pretty good. Considering that most people were talking about the vaunted ISU D line and their pass rush I think the O line did admirable.

GBR :horns2

Also, not that it mattered much, but it concerns me that ISU was pretty bad against the run, yet NU got almost nothing on the ground. Part of that was play calling  and that NU threw 56 times.

Because any coach will tell you "go with what's working" and our slant passes, hook routes, etc were working against them. Why bother with a rushing game when your passing game is throwing them off guard? 425+ plus yards of passing says it all. Like Callahan said, some games you pass a lot if its working and some games you run alot if it's working.

Also, not that it mattered much, but it concerns me that ISU was pretty bad against the run, yet NU got almost nothing on the ground. Part of that was play calling  and that NU threw 56 times.

Because any coach will tell you "go with what's working" and our slant passes, hook routes, etc were working against them. Why bother with a rushing game when your passing game is throwing them off guard? 425+ plus yards of passing says it all. Like Callahan said, some games you pass a lot if its working and some games you run alot if it's working.

Agreein' with Nameless this time. Taylor had the hot hand all game, and you've gotta give the ball to your hot hand. I think Ross did his job today, anyway, regardless pass or run!

As for the secondary, I thought we did an excellent job corraling Blythe yesterday. I'm not sure what the gameplan was for ISU, but watching on TV it seemed NU was playing a lot of soft coverages underneath, probably deliberately trying to take away the deep ball. A guess would be because they felt ISU was going to look to hit the deep ball often. Playing softer coverage underneath helped take away the deep ball and by the time their qb got to his 2nd or 3rd option he was feeling pressure in the pocket. Was the defense played by design or was Green just really concerned about getting beat? What do y'all think?

:thumbs

Okay guys, I haven't been replying lately, but I have been readin'.

I am a high school football coach who has had many successful seasons, but this year, we have a "little" talent and we are gettin' smoked....Consequently, I am geting drug under the bus by guys who "Think" they know football....

Now with that said, I get my shot to question BC ( :smokin )

Knowing that he definately knows a hell of alot more than I

What a great win yesterday !!!! We couldn't have aksed for a better "improvement" of offensive yardage production..... and the blackshirts did a good job of pressuring Meyer.

Now, I am still not expecting 8-3, 7-4, etc.....

The jury is still out

REASONS:

1. You need to RUN the ball effectively, regardless of what the defense is giving you. Yes, it worked yesterday, but if only 1-2 of those key catches hit the ground, the results would be different.

2. The blackshirts did a nice job, but remember that ISU didn't have Hicks. He is a very good player, and that made ISU pretty one-deminsional....What would have happened if the D couldn't pin back their ears and come hard like they did.

3. We do not have a consistant kicking game....Yes, Koch is great....but Congdon, although his % is okay, has missed 3 very big FGA..... and This is TWICE in the last two games that we have kicked the damn ball out of bounce after BIG score !!!!!

4. I love Ross, but where is Lucky.... will this kid stay around if we are only going to run the ball a "handful" of times..... He can easily see how his hometown Trojans are using

reggie bush (Heisman)....and Lucky could transfer and "redshirt" and not lose eligibiltiy.... only because BC has WASTED his redshirt..... How about Cody Glenn, watsted "shirt".... Insided the 10 a few times...and never see him.....only 3-4 carries this year????

Im not sure that NU can hold them below 5 td's

First it's "I'm" not Im since you like to correct people on their spelling. Now, lets look at this logically (curious if you bothered to even look at the final stats for the Tech/KU game). Kansas held Tech to 3 touchdowns yesterday and Kansas is ranked 39th in the nation in total defense, Nebraska is ranked 15th. Nebraska is ranked 35th in the nation in passing defense, Kansas is ranked 98th. Kansas lost to Tech by 13 points and only allowed them 380 yards of total offense, whereas they came into the game averaging 711 yards of total offense. Tech passed for 333 yards and rushed for 47 yards (almost identical to ISU's stats yesterday).

On paper, NU wins this game by a touchdown or 2 (if we manage to finish drives this time) since it's a home game

I am still amazed by ZT...he was a timex...took a lickin' and kept on tickin'!

If Hardy isn't careful, he's gonna end up on the bench. ZT found some go-to guys in Mulkey and Swift. They can actually CATCH!

Wow. What a great win for this team! ISU was a solid team, what a confidence builder going into the TT game. NU can win...KU isn't as good this year, and played pretty tough after the first quarter against TT.

I missed the second half and OT, my son had a game (we lost on a last second TD, but we played MUCH better :steam:) ).

I should be glad, the game would have given me a heart attack!

Im not sure that NU can hold them below 5 td's

First it's "I'm" not Im since you like to correct people on their spelling. Now, lets look at this logically (curious if you bothered to even look at the final stats for the Tech/KU game). Kansas held Tech to 3 touchdowns yesterday and Kansas is ranked 39th in the nation in total defense, Nebraska is ranked 15th. Nebraska is ranked 35th in the nation in passing defense, Kansas is ranked 98th. Kansas lost to Tech by 13 points and only allowed them 380 yards of total offense, whereas they came into the game averaging 711 yards of total offense. Tech passed for 333 yards and rushed for 47 yards (almost identical to ISU's stats yesterday).

On paper, NU wins this game by a touchdown or 2 (if we manage to finish drives this time) since it's a home game

But the game is not on paper, its on the field :wacko:

You make your prediction, and I'll make mine, lets see whos right. (Apostrophes left out purposely-its a waste of time :dumdum )

This is certainly a game NU can win. While Tech didnt look as good yesterday as they have been, I dont think NU will win this game.