Craig Bohl = lead foot!

knapplc

Coach with lead foot talks traffic safety in ad

FARGO, N.D. – The Fargo police chief says North Dakota State football coach Craig Bohl wouldn't have been tapped as a traffic safety pitchman had officials known about his driving record. The Forum newspaper reported Bohl has been ticketed for at least 18 traffic offenses since he was hired in 2003.

Bohl's voice is featured in a 30-second traffic safety spot describing a string of crashes in Fargo that killed five people this fall.

It's aimed at repeat offenders, and Fargo Police Chief Keith Ternes says it makes the ad less effective when "the messenger might be somebody we're trying to reach."

Still, Ternes isn't pulling the ad. And Bohl says his driving history is one reason he agreed to do it.

"I looked myself in the mirror and said, 'I need to slow down,'" he said.

That's more than two a year! What the heck, Bohl! :zoom

I know how Bohl feels. That I can remember, I have over 25 speeding tickets and have recently said the same thing as he did "I need to slow down" (only because I wouldn't be able to afford the insurance, even though not one ticket is on my record).

So I can see why he wanted to be a spokesman for it. IMO, I would rather have someone that was deep in the hole with debt telling me why to not have 10 credit cards then a man that has never had one.

I was cruising through some article yesterday and this was listed in "related news" so I posted it here because I thought it was funny.

Typically, between myself and Nexus, you're going to get articles literally minutes after they were released. I doubt you'll find many forums with quicker access to Husker news than HuskerBoard.

I was cruising through some article yesterday and this was listed in "related news" so I posted it here because I thought it was funny.

Typically, between myself and Nexus, you're going to get articles literally minutes after they were released. I doubt you'll find many forums with quicker access to Husker news than HuskerBoard.

You kids and your RSS feeds...

this was actually posted on here a very long time ago...

I thought so, but I can't find it anywhere. Maybe it was in Rumorville for some reason. Can't search mothballed forums.

Was probably moved for being in the wrong forum, and probably by Knapplc, go figure. chuckleshuffle:LOLtartar

Funny, but doubtful. Moving a thread doesn't prevent it from being discovered via search.

this was actually posted on here a very long time ago...

I thought so, but I can't find it anywhere. Maybe it was in Rumorville for some reason. Can't search mothballed forums.

Was probably moved for being in the wrong forum, and probably by Knapplc, go figure. chuckleshuffle:LOLtartar

Given the topic I hope that it moves fast ... and nothing wreckless.