Stay Classy, Auburn Fan...

Some jerk redneck Alabama fan traveled down to a favorite meeting place of Auburn fans to celebrate wins... He poisoned the trees outside this place. Don't know if anybody else caught wind of this. It was just on Headline News as well... Apparently, they're holding the guy in custody, although the ESPN article I'm linking to was written before they caught him.

Anyway, this guy had the balls to call into a sports talk radio show down there and tell them straight up what he did. He signed of the call with "Roll Damn Tide"... Talk about bitter! Anyway, guess he had the balls but not brains, cuz now he's in some hot water...

ESPN Article

That is a really, really bad thing. Words escape me. Why would you be so stupid as to pull a stunt like this?

Talk about WAY missing the point of College Football. Rivalries are supposed to engender heated debate and the occasional harmless prank. Vandalizing someone's field is pretty stupid. Killing oak trees that take generations to grow is way beyond stupid.

This guy did two things - he killed some trees, messing up an Auburn tradition. He also gave Alabama Fan a huge black eye. The Tide are going to take heat for this idiot's actions, undeservedly so but they will nonetheless. This little stunt backfires on him, big time.

Staples from SI goes a little overboard in his write-up, but I agree that all college football fans who appreciate the tradition of college football should be angry about this.

That is a really, really bad thing. Words escape me. Why would you be so stupid as to pull a stunt like this?

Talk about WAY missing the point of College Football. Rivalries are supposed to engender heated debate and the occasional harmless prank. Vandalizing someone's field is pretty stupid. Killing oak trees that take generations to grow is way beyond stupid.

This guy did two things - he killed some trees, messing up an Auburn tradition. He also gave Alabama Fan a huge black eye. The Tide are going to take heat for this idiot's actions, undeservedly so but they will nonetheless. This little stunt backfires on him, big time.

Staples from SI goes a little overboard in his write-up, but I agree that all college football fans who appreciate the tradition of college football should be angry about this.

Makes me proud to be a Husker fan. Proud to know none of us would do something stupid like this... Bout the worst I can think of off the top of my head was us turning on our own player and calling Niles "Burger King hands" after the Texas game. And it IS tempting, now that I think about it, to kidnap Ralphie the Buffalo from CU (ala Homer Simpson capturing Sir Oinksalot from Springfield A&M). I read in a Men's Fitness article that Dwight Freeney has a special diet to enhance performance and recovery that consists of mostly bison steak as a protein source. Wouldn't mind trying some... :)