Recruits at the Iowa State Game

i don't know who the recruits were at the ISU game, but they had to be impressed with the fight in the team and the will to find a way to win and hang for double OT.

this had to be one of the all time best games at Memorial stadium, anyone who got to attend this one saw a very exciting game!!!!!!! any word on the recruits and their impressions?

hunter

From what I heard, the 3 Mississippi visitors did not come, but here is who I heard was there:

Terrel Reese WR 6-4/192/4.64 :star:star:star:star

Curtis Bailey OL 6-6/355/5.80 :star:star:star:star

Jordon McMichael TE 6-5/230/4.70 :star:star:star

Greg Davis S 6-3/205/4.50 :star:star:star

Will Yeatman TE 6-6/255/4.85 :star:star:star

Good to hear if true about Greg Davis.

IMO, he may very well be the biggest need recruit (and underrated) we had here this weekend.

Hard to pull Virginia kids out of state, but we'll see what happens.

That is true about Virginia Kids. Frank Beamer and his crew do one hell of a job when it comes to getting instate kids. Every kid i talk to from Virginia always brings Beamers coaching staff into the mix.

Frank Beamer focuses more on Virginia now then the state of Florida because he gets burned to much by soft commitments who end up going somewhere else.

The one thing Beamer is starting to do more and more of is recruiting in the western part of the state where numbers aren't as large. Most of the western part of Virginia is A and AA schools which have solid talent, but many coaches will not make the trip.

Al Groh is starting to do the same, especially since pulling Heath Miller from relative obscurity out of the smallest district in any classification in Virginia.