KNOW YOUR BIG TEN: Top 5 Returning Players

ADS

Terrelle Pryor is light years ahead of Robinson. Maybe Robinson will develop into a better quarterback, but as it sits now, Pryor is a legitimate all-round threat, a proven leader, and rarely puts his team into bad situations. Robinson is where Pryor was several seasons ago with all the question marks, relying solely on supreme athletic ability, and it cost Michigan greatly at times last season, much like our own QB situation. Pryor impressed the heck out of me last year with his maturation in the passing game.

and druski's post makes a great point.

Ya he is mature enough to be suspended 5 games...

And yes Pryor is a stronger passer, but Robinson's running ability is far superior. Pryor is nowhere near as fast or agile as Robinson.

Don't forget if Michigan actually had a defense and if Cam Newton didn't have the year he did, Robinson may very well have been the Heisman winner

While Robinson definitely is quicker and more agile than Pryor, I don't know if the same can be said about speed. In all honesty, if Pryor, Robinson, and Martinez were in a race, it might be a tie. In a 40 yard dash, Robinson might have Pryor, but in a 60 yard dash, Pryor probably has Robinson.

Are you watching the highlight tapes that I am?!?!

Please explain to me how how a one man team consistently has these 60 yard runs, while Pryor does not? If Pryor is faster and more agile, and he has a better team around him, then why aren't we seeing 60 yard Pryor runs?

Terrelle Pryor has clocked a 4.36 40 at his fastest speed.

Denard Robinson has clocked a 4.32 40 at his fastest speed.

Denard is 6'0" 193 pounds.

Terrelle is 6'5" 233 pounds.

I will not disagree that Robinson has the ability to make better cuts than Pryor. But given Pryor's size, he doesn't really make cuts. He uses his speed and his strength/size to push tacklers down or out of the way. Pryor has also been coached to protect his arm so he doesn't try to go for more yardage than he can as a result of this.

This is what Pryor used to do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ynPh4tF5Bc

Terrelle Pryor is light years ahead of Robinson. Maybe Robinson will develop into a better quarterback, but as it sits now, Pryor is a legitimate all-round threat, a proven leader, and rarely puts his team into bad situations. Robinson is where Pryor was several seasons ago with all the question marks, relying solely on supreme athletic ability, and it cost Michigan greatly at times last season, much like our own QB situation. Pryor impressed the heck out of me last year with his maturation in the passing game.

and druski's post makes a great point.

Ya he is mature enough to be suspended 5 games...

And yes Pryor is a stronger passer, but Robinson's running ability is far superior. Pryor is nowhere near as fast or agile as Robinson.

Don't forget if Michigan actually had a defense and if Cam Newton didn't have the year he did, Robinson may very well have been the Heisman winner

While Robinson definitely is quicker and more agile than Pryor, I don't know if the same can be said about speed. In all honesty, if Pryor, Robinson, and Martinez were in a race, it might be a tie. In a 40 yard dash, Robinson might have Pryor, but in a 60 yard dash, Pryor probably has Robinson.

Are you watching the highlight tapes that I am?!?!

Please explain to me how how a one man team consistently has these 60 yard runs, while Pryor does not? If Pryor is faster and more agile, and he has a better team around him, then why aren't we seeing 60 yard Pryor runs?

Because the plays that Ohio State run don't involve Pryor running the ball unless he's scrambling. Pryor might run 4 zone read plays a game, while Robinson probably runs zone read or option plays 25 times a game. Tressel's offense doesn't call for Pryor to make these runs. I would probably say Pryor would do well in Michigan's (former) offense. Can't say the same for Robinson at OSU's.

Pryor has been forced to give up running, develop his passing skills. He ran too much as a freshman and sophmore.

I would take Pryor over Robinson or Marinez in a heart beat. He has skills and the ability to make reads, the other two have god give talents that have worked well at times for both and failed miserably for both at other times. Pryor has played and won major games in Division 1 football, Robinson and Martinez have never done so.

Three great college QB's with one possibly possessing skills to play at the next level.