Who is faster?

fishnfrank

Who wins foot race?  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A couple of thoughts.

I voted for Dennard Robinson but I think Taylor might stick with him at the start, he would fall behind though and Dennard Robinson would easily, easily surpass and beat Martinez in a race. I'd like to see it though, just like my Titans' Chris Johnson running against some of the NFL's best.

I knew this fact, but it's still odd and doesn't appear to be correct when I hear that Cody Green is faster than Taylor in the 10 yard dash. Green looks like he has average acceleration and speed out on the football field, so he must not be "football fast" because when he runs on the field, it looks awkward, maybe he is unsure of himself, or not comfortable running, but man he doesn't look like what I thought he would, so it must be weight of the equipment that holds him down, because I remember hearing how mobile he was.

Crouch not only had blazing speed and acceleration, but he has what Martinez currently lacks: Moves in the open field.

If Taylor can juke and jive like Crouch, he would be an even bigger dangerous threat to run than he already is. He mostly just has straight-line speed, but I haven't seen him juke, spin, stop on a dime, or blow someone up to evade or break a tackle, if he can do a little bit of that next fall, watch out.

I don't think it's necessarily "pads slow players down differently", which is probably true, but more importantly, some players play faster than others when the bullets fly. It's easy to reach your top potential when you're running in a straight line and you know your destination. It's less easy when you have all the live game situations to worry about and you're running with the ball in traffic, or making breaks against different coverages and thinking about the ball coming to you, and such.

Tm's 40 time - 4.5

Dr's 40 time - 4.33 100 meter - 10.44.

Sorry I dont see TM being faster then D. Rob.

Measured by...?

No 40 times in college are accurate. I remember reading a couple of years ago that Helu was timed running a mid 4.2 in spring ball. We all know that's not true.

I voted Martinez. Watching highlights of them both, Robinson is lightyears ahead of Martinez in "wiggle", but Martinez is a touch faster in long speed.

So you discount the 40 speed yet you think highlights are more accurate? Are you kidding me? That makes no sense at all

Robinson would whoop martinez in short distance. Robinson WON the 60 meter dash(this would equate to 65 yards) in his first college track meet. If you have ever done sprints, especially the 60 meter, you would know that is ALL about burst and acceleration. If Martinez was even comparable to Robinson then Martinez would be in track. I cant believe we are having this disussion...I feel sorry for the people that voted for Martinez. Martinez is fast but Robinson is a track star.

Tm's 40 time - 4.5

Measured by...?

No 40 times in college are accurate. I remember reading a couple of years ago that Helu was timed running a mid 4.2 in spring ball. We all know that's not true.

I voted Martinez. Watching highlights of them both, Robinson is lightyears ahead of Martinez in "wiggle", but Martinez is a touch faster in long speed.

So you discount the 40 speed yet you think highlights are more accurate? Are you kidding me? That makes no sense at all

Everyone should take Taylor's 40 time with a grain of salt. That's what he clocked his junior year of high school. He's clearly improved.

Tm's 40 time - 4.5

Measured by...?

Everyone should take Taylor's 40 time with a grain of salt. That's what he clocked his junior year of high school. He's clearly improved.

I find this hard to believe that he is much faster than 4.5. Just turn on the NFL Combine and watch all these elite athletes that are professionally training with speed coaches that just barely touch 4.5. Kids running a legit 4.5 at 16 years old is very few and far between.

Robinson would whoop martinez in short distance. Robinson WON the 60 meter dash(this would equate to 65 yards) in his first college track meet. If you have ever done sprints, especially the 60 meter, you would know that is ALL about burst and acceleration. If Martinez was even comparable to Robinson then Martinez would be in track. I cant believe we are having this disussion...I feel sorry for the people that voted for Martinez. Martinez is fast but Robinson is a track star.

I feel sorry for people who can't comprehend that football speed (pads, helmets, cleated shoes, etc) is a total different animal that clocked sprinter speed. Like a football player gets in his sprinter stance & blocks and runs straight ahead on the snap of the ball. lol!

How many football plays has a runner going perfectly straight for 60 meters? One in a thousand (if even that)? How many sprinters have to change direction several times in their sprint? How many sprinters have to take vicious hits from 240 lb lbs & 200 lb secondary guys? The average skinny sprinter would last about "one" play on the field and then the stretcher takes him away.

Sorry, but I don't see many qbs on the football field using a sprinter's stance or sprinter blocks. Great football players make much, much more $$$ than sprinters can even dream of and a large portion of them simply don't care about track.

• Fire 1

I feel sorry for people who can't comprehend that football speed (pads, helmets, cleated shoes, etc) is a total different animal that clocked sprinter speed. Like a football player gets in his sprinter stance & blocks and runs straight ahead on the snap of the ball. lol!

How many football plays has a runner going perfectly straight for 60 meters? One in a thousand (if even that)? How many sprinters have to change direction several times in their sprint? How many sprinters have to take vicious hits from 240 lb lbs & 200 lb secondary guys? The average skinny sprinter would last about "one" play on the field and then the stretcher takes him away.

Sorry, but I don't see many qbs on the football field using a sprinter's stance or sprinter blocks. Great football players make much, much more $$$ than sprinters can even dream of and a large portion of them simply don't care about track.

I feel sorry for people who cant comprehend the question. The question is WHO WINS IN A FOOT RACE. I dont know about you but a foot race is when they are standing side by side and running straight ahead. Therefore, what you just said has no relevance to the question. Also, lets say the question is "who is the fastest on the football field" it sure seems to me that Robinson is faster in pads than martinez. Also, some of the most important aspect of a sprinter is acceleration and long strides, which is necessary on the football field as well. The better acceleration and the longer strides you have the faster you'll be (even in pads). Let me guess, acceleration isnt needed in football tho? Watching both run in pads, Robinson still looks tons faster. With that being said, the question is "WHO WOULD WIN IN A FOOT RACE."

P.S. foot race

noun

a race run on foot; "she broke the record for the half-mile run"

Therefore, I dont see how "foot race" means "a race running in pads and not going straigh ahead...Also, I dont see how pads automatically make robinson slower which would make martinez faster? The pads would make both robinson AND martinez go a tad bit slower.

I feel sorry for people who cant comprehend the question. The question is WHO WINS IN A FOOT RACE. I dont know about you but a foot race is when they are standing side by side and running straight ahead. Therefore, what you just said has no relevance to the question. Also, lets say the question is "who is the fastest on the football field" it sure seems to me that Robinson is faster in pads than martinez. Also, some of the most important aspect of a sprinter is acceleration and long strides, which is necessary on the football field as well. The better acceleration and the longer strides you have the faster you'll be (even in pads). Let me guess, acceleration isnt needed in football tho? Watching both run in pads, Robinson still looks tons faster. With that being said, the question is "WHO WOULD WIN IN A FOOT RACE."

P.S. foot race

noun

a race run on foot; "she broke the record for the half-mile run"

Therefore, I dont see how "foot race" means "a race running in pads and not going straigh ahead...Also, I dont see how pads automatically make robinson slower which would make martinez faster? The pads would make both robinson AND martinez go a tad bit slower.

I understand the OP's question perfectly.

A foot race on a track field or a foot race on a football field with all gear on? A race on the field where direction is decided in a split second and from a standing position or a sprinter's stance with starting blocks? The OP didn't say but you made the claim that Robinson is faster than Tmart due to him running track. That proves zilch for me.

I don't know who's quicker in the real world on the football field but I would be "very" surprised if Robinson's gap speed acceleration on the football field during a real football game surpasses Tmart. Either way, they're both greased lightning but just because Robinson ran some track does NOT make him a quicker player on Saturdays.