Who is faster?

fishnfrank

Who wins foot race?  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Television broadcasts are to be unbiased so not to upset the allegiances of the fans watching. They are not supposed to have a "rooting interest" and several announcers have been dismissed for this reason. So it is a marketing reason, but I see your point entirely. This is why we used to mute the TV and listen to Lyle Bremser/Kent Pavelka back in the day before the 3 second delay, much more excited for awesome Husker plays.

I wish radio would match the delay so I could watch the game and listen to Husker play-by-play. I can never get the DVR quite right.

They did this last year. Not sure if they'll continue to do it this year.

LINK

It's true though. American football commentary is boring, on TV especially. A lot of times they're just chit chatting and barely paying attention to the game. Then some play happens and afterwards the announcer goes "...as ____ runs the ball here for ___ yards. Anyway, {back to side conversation with other announcer}" Frequently, huge plays or scores are not announced with much enthusiasm. Foreign soccer announcers seem to match the flow of the game with their tone of voice much better and it makes for an awesome watching experience. Could just be a language thing. I'm not sure english broadcasts of soccer games typically feature very excitable announcers.

Television broadcasts are to be unbiased so not to upset the allegiances of the fans watching. They are not supposed to have a "rooting interest" and several announcers have been dismissed for this reason. So it is a marketing reason, but I see your point entirely. This is why we used to mute the TV and listen to Lyle Bremser/Kent Pavelka back in the day before the 3 second delay, much more excited for awesome Husker plays.

I wish radio would match the delay so I could watch the game and listen to Husker play-by-play. I can never get the DVR quite right.

??? Why would you try to match it up using the DVR? The tv is already behind the radio, all that will do is make it further behind the radio.

It's true though. American football commentary is boring, on TV especially. A lot of times they're just chit chatting and barely paying attention to the game. Then some play happens and afterwards the announcer goes "...as ____ runs the ball here for ___ yards. Anyway, {back to side conversation with other announcer}" Frequently, huge plays or scores are not announced with much enthusiasm. Foreign soccer announcers seem to match the flow of the game with their tone of voice much better and it makes for an awesome watching experience. Could just be a language thing. I'm not sure english broadcasts of soccer games typically feature very excitable announcers.

??? Why would you try to match it up using the DVR? The tv is already behind the radio, all that will do is make it further behind the radio.

Because I tried it last year with the delay the radio provided but since I have DirecTV it was farther ahead than the radio so I tried to slow it down...it just was a pain in the ass.