Big Ten Network-Will they show any of the old NU games?

ladyhawke

Yea and the fact that ESPN shows some of the games we win 3x per year makes the sentiment that ESPN doesn't show games because we play well bullsh#t. 3:1! Except for the fact that they show the same game we win multiple times a year (by your own admission) means that, your theory is bullsh#t. But please, I was just tryng to save you from wallowing in a sea of your own malcontent. By all means, keep drowning.

Revisionist history, hah. My bad for trying to stop you from believing what you want to.

By the way, I have a recording of the '98 orange bowl vs Tennessee from last year. Could you get your godly DVR to remind me which channel it was on? Knowning you, you'll probably disappear. "I missed one, big deal," that's what I said, oh great reviser of history.

UMADBRO??? Because it's quite obvious you can't grasp the point that I've made. And just because you can't comprehend the data and argument does not invalidate it. Is my data perfect? No. But it's far better than your bullsh#t opinion that's based on..... nothing.

Except for the fact that they show the same game we win multiple times a year (by your own admission) means that, your theory is bullsh#t."

This is laughable. It invalidates NOTHING. I suggest you re-read (if you can) my previous argument. I can't believe I'm having to explain gradeschool logic. Unless ESPN shows each win 3 times for every loss (to counteract the 3:1 Loss-Win ratio), then they're showing more losses than wins. Since it's quite obvious that they don't do this (and others on this board agree), they still show more losses (including blowout losses) than wins. Couple those with the fact that quite a few of those losses are blowouts, and it leads credence to the thought that ESPN shows more (and worse) losses than wins. And once again, you can't find me a blowout win (by intentionally ignoring it), further proving my point.

Oh, and just because they show a win multiple times doesn't invalidate the entire argument. They showed the 1984 OB at least 20 times last year.

Also, my "Godly DVR" did a hell of a lot better than you did. I simply listed off the recordings from last year. You harp on me for missing one game, yet you missed over a dozen in your "myth" argument. Hypocrite much?

Oh, and FYI, that '98 OB wasn't on ESPN Classic. Why? For the same reason that the '95 isn't. CBS still owns the rights. :facepalm:

Don't start throwing out more strawmen, it just makes you look silly. I'm not the one "believing what I want to." My stance is based on data and facts, not on a schoolyard "nuh-uh."

My understanding is that they will show some old Nebraska games beginning in July. What will be nice is if they don't just show the games we lost.

I'm pretty sure any games they show that you lose would just be to another Big 10 school.

Luckily those are pretty hard to find. ;)

We're 8-1 vs. Big 10 teams since 1993 and 74-64-8 against current Big 10 teams all-time.

lol!

GREAT stat. Let the Hogeyes chew on that awhile. Thanks knapplc!

Yea and the fact that ESPN shows some of the games we win 3x per year makes the sentiment that ESPN doesn't show games because we play well bullsh#t. 3:1! Except for the fact that they show the same game we win multiple times a year (by your own admission) means that, your theory is bullsh#t. But please, I was just tryng to save you from wallowing in a sea of your own malcontent. By all means, keep drowning.

Revisionist history, hah. My bad for trying to stop you from believing what you want to.

By the way, I have a recording of the '98 orange bowl vs Tennessee from last year. Could you get your godly DVR to remind me which channel it was on? Knowning you, you'll probably disappear. "I missed one, big deal," that's what I said, oh great reviser of history.

UMADBRO??? Because it's quite obvious you can't grasp the point that I've made. And just because you can't comprehend the data and argument does not invalidate it. Is my data perfect? No. But it's far better than your bullsh#t opinion that's based on..... nothing.

Except for the fact that they show the same game we win multiple times a year (by your own admission) means that, your theory is bullsh#t."

This is laughable. It invalidates NOTHING. I suggest you re-read (if you can) my previous argument. I can't believe I'm having to explain gradeschool logic. Unless ESPN shows each win 3 times for every loss (to counteract the 3:1 Loss-Win ratio), then they're showing more losses than wins. Since it's quite obvious that they don't do this (and others on this board agree), they still show more losses (including blowout losses) than wins. Couple those with the fact that quite a few of those losses are blowouts, and it leads credence to the thought that ESPN shows more (and worse) losses than wins. And once again, you can't find me a blowout win (by intentionally ignoring it), further proving my point.

Oh, and just because they show a win multiple times doesn't invalidate the entire argument. They showed the 1984 OB at least 20 times last year.

Also, my "Godly DVR" did a hell of a lot better than you did. I simply listed off the recordings from last year. You harp on me for missing one game, yet you missed over a dozen in your "myth" argument. Hypocrite much?

Oh, and FYI, that '98 OB wasn't on ESPN Classic. Why? For the same reason that the '95 isn't. CBS still owns the rights. :facepalm:

Don't start throwing out more strawmen, it just makes you look silly. I'm not the one "believing what I want to." My stance is based on data and facts, not on a schoolyard "nuh-uh."

I asked you what channel it was. I didn't say it was on ESPNC. I wanted you to tell me so I could know where to look if it came on again. Your super dvr should have picked it up and I wanted to know. I'm glad you took all the time to look it up so you could answer a question I didn't ask nor suggest. Sweet, you just dropped a "u mad," I'm totally going to take you seriously now. Did you just learn what a strawman was or something? Tell me how much of slippery slope I'm on next!

@Enhance:

God blessed me with the gift of understanding context, so no, I think you're the only one out of the two of us who would have made that mistake. Now it's funny that you're insinuating I'M bickering after you throw in your completely pointless comment that was obviously bait. Seriously, take 5 seconds and think. Even if I physically replied to your post, it's pretty clear absolutely nothing about that post was directed at you. Nice try at trolling me, big guy.

Look you two, offseason just began, and we're already getting into message board scrapes.

Let me leave it at this: while ESPN Classic may show the occasional NU win, they sure do show a f*** ton of losses for one of the top five programs in college football history with the most wins.

Don't you think there's something wrong with that?

Thank You! Yes, I do! That's why I said that originally.

We have airtime, one way or the other. The stat i wanna see is how many appearances do various schools make on those ESPN classic broadcasts. I wonder if one could make the argument the reason many 'classic' Nebraska game WINS are not played, rather than the losses, is simply because in others eyes complete domination does not make a classic, or something like that...make any sense? Who besides us wants to see Florida wiped out by 40 over and over again? A couple schools? Maybe its more of a compliment that so many classic games with Nebraska losing are shown. Its not too hard to think. If Im some random NBA player from the 90's, I have pictures on my wall of me shooting on MJ. Not Penny Hardaway.

and as a response to the ladyhawke post(s): that is the very game that defines nebraska football for me, no matter that it was a loss. thats the game i'd show someone that had never seen nebraska football before, just because of the talk it would open up after it. i watch it every time i see it is on, and i sit on the edge of my seat every time at the end. thats one, among many, I thank ESPN for playing all the time. who cares its a loss...its nebraska never give up, never surrender, ill fight to the end attitude in full display. even the best gunslingers caught one eventually.

Hey mmtodd,

That's an interesting way to look at it. Someone else brought up the point that it shows NU's tenacity in staying with the game until the very end. For me, it's just so painful to watch! I remember the day after that game everyone at the elementary school that I worked at were in mourning! Seriously! It's like someone died! I cried after that game! After that game, I said, 'I'm never going to get emotionally involved in a Nebraska football team again!' Yeah right! Famous last words! lol I was cheering them on the very next year.

For me, I love the games where we beat the crap outta the other team. Sorry, I just miss that smashmouth football we used to play and love it when I get to see it once in awhile.

Anyway, my original question was that I wondered if the Big 10 Network would play any of those games. Thanks everyone who responded. (Didn't really mean to start a fight here-good discussion though. That's what's neat about this board-all of the differing opinions but in the end we all love Husker football!)

I asked you what channel it was. I didn't say it was on ESPNC. I wanted you to tell me so I could know where to look if it came on again. Your super dvr should have picked it up and I wanted to know. I'm glad you took all the time to look it up so you could answer a question I didn't ask nor suggest. Sweet, you just dropped a "u mad," I'm totally going to take you seriously now. Did you just learn what a strawman was or something? Tell me how much of slippery slope I'm on next!

@Enhance:

God blessed me with the gift of understanding context, so no, I think you're the only one out of the two of us who would have made that mistake. Now it's funny that you're insinuating I'M bickering after you throw in your completely pointless comment that was obviously bait. Seriously, take 5 seconds and think. Even if I physically replied to your post, it's pretty clear absolutely nothing about that post was directed at you. Nice try at trolling me, big guy.

I don't live in the midwest, so chances are, it was shown on a channel that my carrier does not have. And you phrased your question as if it was loaded, like you were going to say it was on ESPNC. I don't care if you take me seriously or not, because I stopped taking you serious once it was apparent that you couldn't admit you were wrong. I also love how you ignore the subject at hand and now are trying to turn the subject to anything else. I presented facts, and asked you a question. Instead of discussing them, like a rational person, you try to change the subject. It's ok, though. You're backed into a corner, refusing to admit that you may have been wrong, and even though the evidence is right in front of you, you still deny it, outright ignore it, or just doing a grade school "nuh-uh.". There's no point in continuing with this subject, because it's quite obvious you don't care about the truth or facts. But then again, I'm the one who supposedly is "believing what the want to believe."

The hilariously ironic part of it all, though, is you accusing others of trolling...

We have airtime, one way or the other. The stat i wanna see is how many appearances do various schools make on those ESPN classic broadcasts. I wonder if one could make the argument the reason many 'classic' Nebraska game WINS are not played, rather than the losses, is simply because in others eyes complete domination does not make a classic, or something like that...make any sense? Who besides us wants to see Florida wiped out by 40 over and over again? A couple schools? Maybe its more of a compliment that so many classic games with Nebraska losing are shown. Its not too hard to think. If Im some random NBA player from the 90's, I have pictures on my wall of me shooting on MJ. Not Penny Hardaway.

and as a response to the ladyhawke post(s): that is the very game that defines nebraska football for me, no matter that it was a loss. thats the game i'd show someone that had never seen nebraska football before, just because of the talk it would open up after it. i watch it every time i see it is on, and i sit on the edge of my seat every time at the end. thats one, among many, I thank ESPN for playing all the time. who cares its a loss...its nebraska never give up, never surrender, ill fight to the end attitude in full display. even the best gunslingers caught one eventually.

I could almost agree with this, except for these:

'91 Georgia Tech 21-45

'92 Miami 0-22

'96 ASU 0-19

'02 Miami 14-37

'02 PSU 7-40

'08 Oklahoma 28-62