Pack the Bob

I heard the Bob was damned near standing room only today for the South Sioux City game. My tickets for tomorrow are sold and I'm headin back to the Good Life just in time to go watch SSC tomorrow. Anyone showing up to that game tomorrow, feel free to make signs and chant for him to sign with NU. I don't know if I'll get that carried away or not, but someone should!

Hell, I'd even be fine with someone slippin the PA guy a fifty to accidentally introduce Gesell as a starting guard for the University of Nebraska - a little secondary recruiting violation never hurt anyone (the consequences are less than a slap on the wrist).

I heard the Bob was damned near standing room only today for the South Sioux City game. My tickets for tomorrow are sold and I'm headin back to the Good Life just in time to go watch SSC tomorrow. Anyone showing up to that game tomorrow, feel free to make signs and chant for him to sign with NU. I don't know if I'll get that carried away or not, but someone should!

Hell, I'd even be fine with someone slippin the PA guy a fifty to accidentally introduce Gesell as a starting guard for the University of Nebraska - a little secondary recruiting violation never hurt anyone (the consequences are less than a slap on the wrist).

What does standing room only mean in a place with individual seats? Did they let them go two to a seat, or stand in the aisles or something?

I really wasn't that impressed compared to as much hype as I was hearing.

Here's why he is that good and worth the hype as a JUNIOR. Who on the current roster can break down the guy guarding him with the dribble, as well as a helpside defender, and pull up from 15 feet and drain the jumper everytime? Bueller.......Bueller......Bueller...... I will help you out, not a soul.

He is not a flashy look at me guy, which I can see why people might not think he is "that" good. But if you watch him game after game after game, one thing you'll start to notice is that he is an ultimate team player, but knows he can flip on the switch and completely own any game. He does it in spurts. He rebounds, as a guard he obviously fits in perfectly then, passes well, plays great defense, and rarely comes off the floor.

He will only get better and probably end up at Kansas or something like that. Glad there is another year to watch him get even better

• Fire 1

Here's why he is that good and worth the hype as a JUNIOR. Who on the current roster can break down the guy guarding him with the dribble, as well as a helpside defender, and pull up from 15 feet and drain the jumper everytime? Bueller.......Bueller......Bueller...... I will help you out, not a soul.

He is not a flashy look at me guy, which I can see why people might not think he is "that" good. But if you watch him game after game after game, one thing you'll start to notice is that he is an ultimate team player, but knows he can flip on the switch and completely own any game. He does it in spurts. He rebounds, as a guard he obviously fits in perfectly then, passes well, plays great defense, and rarely comes off the floor.

He will only get better and probably end up at Kansas or something like that. Glad there is another year to watch him get even better

No chance he ends up at Kansas or any other elite school. He's a talent for sure, but his frame won't translate well to D1 basketball, even if he can do more with it than 99% of other people could.

No chance he ends up at Kansas or any other elite school. He's a talent for sure, but his frame won't translate well to D1 basketball, even if he can do more with it than 99% of other people could.

And exactly what was so impressive about Kurt Hinrich's frame? From Sioux City West, and already being said that many people who have coached, coached against, or watched Hinrich's play a lot say Gesell is better.

This isn't football where players needs to be a certain size type to be "a success".

• Fire 1

He didn't do anything flashy like hit 8 threes or get a couple dunks or go off for 50, but when his team needed baskets, he created his own shots (which he made everytime he needed to) or he took his man AND drew help from at least two other players, found the open guy, and got him the ball in rhythym to allow an immediate shot EVERYtime. The kid is so naturally smooth, high school players don't often have that ability to know where the ball needs to go everytime down the florr... he does.