Nebraska volleyball dominating

After looking at the stats it appears Mizzou is the second best and they play the Huskers naxt.

08/26 Hawaii * W 3-0

08/27 Stanford * W 3-0

09/02 Ohio State W 3-0 **

09/03 Michigan W 3-0 **

09/05 @ Minnesota W 3-2

09/09 Pepperdine W 3-1***

09/10 Pacific W 3-0***

09/10 Penn State W 3-0***

09/17 @ Colorado W 3-0

09/21 Texas A&M W 3-0

09/24 Iowa State W 3-0

09/28 @ Oklahoma W 3-1

10/01 Baylor W 3-1

10/05 @ Missouri

10/08 @ Kansas

10/11 Creighton

10/12 Texas Tech

10/15 Texas

10/19 @ Kansas state

10/26 Kansas

10/29 @ Texas Tech

11/02 Oklahoma

11/05 @ Iowa State

11/09 @ Texas A&M

11/13 Missouri

11/16 @ Baylor

11/19 Kansas State

11/23 Colorado

11/26 @ Texas

After looking at the stats it appears Mizzou is the second best and they play the Huskers naxt.

08/26 Hawaii * W 3-0

08/27 Stanford * W 3-0

09/02 Ohio State W 3-0 **

09/03 Michigan W 3-0 **

09/05 @ Minnesota W 3-2

09/09 Pepperdine W 3-1***

09/10 Pacific W 3-0***

09/10 Penn State W 3-0***

09/17 @ Colorado W 3-0

09/21 Texas A&M W 3-0

09/24 Iowa State W 3-0

09/28 @ Oklahoma W 3-1

10/01 Baylor W 3-1

10/05 @ Missouri

10/08 @ Kansas

10/11 Creighton

10/12 Texas Tech

10/15 Texas

10/19 @ Kansas state

10/26 Kansas

10/29 @ Texas Tech

11/02 Oklahoma

11/05 @ Iowa State

11/09 @ Texas A&M

11/13 Missouri

11/16 @ Baylor

11/19 Kansas State

11/23 Colorado

11/26 @ Texas

Speak of the devil. The MIssouri game will be televised.

NU-Missouri Volleyball to be Televised Live in Omaha and Southeast Nebraska

Courtesy: NU Media Relations

Release: 10/03/2005

Courtesy: R.J. Meyer/NU Media Relations

No. 1 Nebraska travels to Missouri on Wednesday in game televised in Nebraska by Time Warner and Cox Cable.

Lincoln – Pinnacle Sports Productions and the University of Nebraska Athletic Department have partnered to bring Husker volleyball fans next Wednesday’s matchup between No. 1 Nebraska and No. 7 Missouri from the Hearnes Center in Columbia.

Pinnacle Sports Productions is working with Cox Cable in Omaha and Time Warner Cable in Southeast Nebraska to carry the Oct. 5 match between the Huskers and Tigers. Nebraska is 12-0 overall and 4-0 in the Big 12 heading into Saturday’s match against Baylor, while Missouri enters the weekend with an unblemished 11-0 mark. The two squads are among the eight remaining unbeaten teams in Division I, and are tied for the Big 12 lead.

The match will be aired on Channel 102 on Time Warner Cable in Lincoln and Southeast Nebraska and on Channel 802 on Cox Cable in Omaha with Mike Kelly providing play-by-play and former Missouri volleyball coach Craig Sherman providing color commentary.

In addition to the television broadcast, the match will also be carried on the radio on selected Pinnacle Sports Network stations, including B107.3 FM in Lincoln, and on the Internet at Huskers.com. Pinnacle Sports Network has been carrying University of Nebraska Athletic Events for the past decade, but Wednesday’s match will be the Network’s first television broadcast.

Wednesday’s match is the first of three televised matches to be placed on local cable by Pinnacle Sports Productions this fall, as it will also carry the Oct. 11 match against in-state rival Creighton and the Oct. 12 contest against Texas Tech live from the Nebraska Coliseum. With Friday’s announcement, 12 Husker matches will be televised this season while every match can be heard on the radio and on the Internet.

Other cable outlets who are interested in televising Wednesday’s match should contact Pinnacle Sports Productions at (402) 332-0065.

Just to let people who arent that familiar know... Hitting percentage in volleyball is very similar to batting average in baseball. Elmer is hitting over .500, Pavan and Larson are both over .400, and the team weighs in at a hefty .375. That's the equivalent of having a lineup full of Ted Williams'. For comparison, the next best hitting club in the big twelve is Mizzou, who hits .302, which is more like the Boston Red Sox... The rest of them. Not to mention blocks and opponet hitting percentage, in which case our numbers are similar to Pedro or Koufax in their primes. We average 4.06 blocks a game, which when translated to three games, the typical time it takes us to beat down on someone, is like averaging 12 stikeouts a game. Opponets also hit a Dennis Eckersly like 1.39 off of us. By the way, we have played four teams ranked in the top five, so did I mention that its kind of like we played against the national league allstar team everytime we played? Mark my words, this is the greatest team of all time, hands down.

Great game tonight vs. Mizzou. Skers took the match 3-1 but it was pretty competitive the whole time. Man everytime I tried to get something else done I got sucked back into watching it again - its a damn entertaining watch - and the smokin cuties in short shorts certainly dont hurt. Wow I had no idea how hot our team is. :o Very nice. Not to mention the Nebraska/Bellevue connection on MU, who happens to be their star. Nebraska chicks rule. :horns2

Great game tonight vs. Mizzou. Skers took the match 3-1 but it was pretty competitive the whole time. Man everytime I tried to get something else done I got sucked back into watching it again - its a damn entertaining watch - and the smokin cuties in short shorts certainly dont hurt. Wow I had no idea how hot our team is. :o Very nice. Not to mention the Nebraska/Bellevue connection on MU, who happens to be their star. Nebraska chicks rule. :horns2

:worship:yeah

Mark my words, this is the greatest team of all time, hands down.

A little premature? I don't doubt the ability of the team but I remember some of the Stanford teams from the 90's. None of those went undefeated but they still were dominant teams.

Early?...yes...but there on their way to something special if they can keep it up.

We played like crap tonight. To many service errors and we kept allowing Missouri to take the lead in the begining, before we had to come back and take it over. We can't do that against every team. It's going to bite us in the ass one of these days. None the less, Nebraska beats another top10 team and stays unbeaten.