We all love the run game!

I love the run game and believe it to be the basis for most successful offenses. However, there is always going to be debate, not on how much is too much...say 90 percent, and how much is to little, like 10 percent, but what the good number is.... I am feeling between 55 and 60 percent run. Or do you break it down by down or distance? Thoughts?

Triple option! Pass when they bring up the secondary to stop the run. :)

The run/pass percentage really all depends on what the defense gives. Take the Missouri game for instance. We'd have been stupid to try to keep a balance between rush attempts and pass attempts given the way we were steamrolling them on the ground. Take the Texas game for instance. Texas was not going to allow us to run all over them. We'd have completely smoked them had our receivers caught any passes. A lot of defenses can stop one or the other, but it takes an elite defense to stop both. You have to go with what they're giving. Given the strength and power of the Big 10 defenses against the run, I'd venture to guess we'll have to rely on the pass more this year.

60/40, try and keep it balanced. Success comes from the ground battle, it keeps defenses near the line to get big plays out of your passing game and gives you good clock management.

Not too mention, you get the running game rolling, you can wear out the front 7 and open up the passing game

Wouldn't the running game actually be opened up by having the front 7 worn out? :) I think only a Watson would go to the air after wearing out the front 7 of an oppsing team.