LB Donavin Newsom [Missouri Commit]

Nexus

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

You came close...

"On the way home me and my coach (Bob Bunton) were narrowing things down, and I got it to the top five," Newsom said.

The final five were Missouri, Iowa, Wake Forest, Tennessee and Nebraska.

A few days later that list was trimmed to one.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/football/article_583b5182-91fc-11e0-ada9-0019bb30f31a.html

Looks like a good one. Our class is going to be tiny this year. Not sure how many linebackers they will look for since we already have one high end guy.

Always smile when a Tiger fan gets a player from their state and then slams us for being fifth on the list after they get him and say, "you came close".

We have taken more then our fair share of players right out of Columbia (forget the who state).

Fact is ... It's a nice get for Mizzou. Congrats! Hope you get more good players to go with this one. Still hopeful we can land a few kids that want to be a part of Husker tradition.

• Fire 1

Always smile when a Tiger fan gets a player from their state and then slams us for being fifth on the list after they get him and say, "you came close".

We have taken more then our fair share of players right out of Columbia (forget the who state).

Fact is ... It's a nice get for Mizzou. Congrats! Hope you get more good players to go with this one. Still hopeful we can land a few kids that want to be a part of Husker tradition.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't slamming Nebraska since Nebraska was in his top five. Think he was just sharing a link. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what he was saying or you're just overly sensitive at 5 in the morning.

You came close...

"On the way home me and my coach (Bob Bunton) were narrowing things down, and I got it to the top five," Newsom said.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/football/article_583b5182-91fc-11e0-ada9-0019bb30f31a.html

Looks like a good one. Our class is going to be tiny this year. Not sure how many linebackers they will look for since we already have one high end guy.

I have heard we will take two more linebackers in this years class, to go along with Michael Rose.

Doesn't matter to me if it was a "slam" or "humor" ... it just struck me. Actually, for me, the time frame was just three hours into my day, it starts at 12:40 AM with a work start time of 2 AM. I have no issue with that Tiger fan at all ... I'm a Missouri boy myself and follow their recruiting. Maybe you "read" into my post a bit myself. :-)

No worries here.

You came close...

I have heard we will take two more linebackers in this years class, to go along with Michael Rose.

Good lord . . . they must be really concerned about LB depth if they are planning for 1/5+ of the class to be LBers.

You came close...

Good lord . . . they must be really concerned about LB depth if they are planning for 1/5+ of the class to be LBers.

Well considering that 5 of the 6 scholarship linebackers this fall will be juniors or seniors, it is by far the biggest need along with qb. That's assuming that pirman moves to DE. It would be nice if fischer was granted a medical hardship though. Wouldn't be surprised to see a juco backer picked up for this class as well.