Position changes

I think when we see this offense in motion against Chatanooga next year, we're going to be fooled ourselves about what this offense is going to run. There's going to be all sorts of formations, all sorts of guys playing random positions at times, you're gonna see Martinez line up as a WR and a QB, you're gonna see Rex line up as a WR, QB, and RB. You're gonna see Kyler Reed line up as a FB, RB, WR, TE. You're gonna see Currenski line up as a RB and a WR and the same with Aaron Green and Ameer Abdullah. There's gonna be a lot of shotgun, some zone read, some play action pass, some option, some I formation, and maybe some diamond. Nebraska isn't going to be a __________ type of offense (pro-style, option, power I, etc) we're going to be a multiple offense with a few plays for each style in our playbook. We're going to pass a lot if a team fails to protect the pass, we're going to run it up the middle if the team has a weak line, we're gonna take it outside or long if a team loads the box. You get the point here...

God, I hope that is not the case for Chattanooga.

And Curenski is about to become Marcus Mendoza 2.0, buried in depth chart. You think if he was THAT ready to be a bigger part of the offense he'd wouldn't have been kept at an unproven WR corp. Green will play, and do not be suprised if Braylon steps on the field. He has been working out his high school team and has been on Dobson's weight training program. Heard's high school coaches have been doing their part to get Braylon to Lincoln. He will show up this summer(if cleared, still not in writing yet) and be just as proven as the frosh, and still would be light years ahead of Curenski as far as being a RB. I put money he is on the field next year, as a RB or returning kicks and punts.

Just curious as to why everyone thinks Abdullah wouldnt redshirt next year? Both Aaron Green and Braylon Heard are coming in next year, both are the same "style" running back (rely on speed and agility instead of power) and both were rated higher than Ameer was? It'd seem like a waste to burn his RS without needing to.

If Heard actually makes it, he will have been out of football for almost 2 years. He won't be ready, IMO.

Ehh not necessarily. I mean he will definitely have to adjust to game speed as with green and abdullah but his biggest issue out of high school was his size. Now i havent seen him and idk where he is size wise but i assume he has been on the husker workout program since he transferred from wvu so he is probably a little bigger and i would be very disappointed if throughout this process he sat on the couch instead of staying in at least some shape.

He didn't transfer. He signed out of HS and didn't qualify. He's not even on campus yet, and not sure when he'll arrive.