Ty Kildow......where did this kid come from???

Who is this guy? I know I'm not the only one who was really impressed on how well this kid was running the ball. Nobody around the section I was sitting at knew this kids name and I didn't have a program to look up his name. I was telling my buddy that he was a midget version of Helu. So far I have been really impressed with what Ron Brown has done with the running backs and it'll get better when Green, Abdullah, and Heard? show up in the fall.

These three players are the ones who stood out the most with me but I was mainly paying attention to the offense during the spring game:

1. Brion Carnes

2. Jamal Turner

3. Ty Kildow

Ty is very quick and decent speed, like Burkhead speed, not Martinez speed. Has a lot of heart and passion when he plays, but mentally he isn't there yet as a running back (but he just recently made the switch to RB). I heard Okafur get his named called a few times in the 2nd quarter, nothing real big or fancy.

Millard South. Watch him play a couple times. I've had him on my radar all winter long. I told a couple buddies of mine that I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the field in some kind of role, other than special teams.

However, he could get buried when those freshman get in here. Maybe not, I'm totally a TyK fan. :D

Played basketball with him in middleschool and against him in highschool. He is a freak, in 7th grade he was the same height he is now maybe an inch shorter, had a six pack, and was touching rim at 5"6. His junior year he was the biggest playmaker in the state but then he tore something in his leg and didn't play Sr. year, thus preventing him from getting big time scholly offers. I remember hearing he ran an outrageous 40 time at the Husker camp and was about to get an offer but when he tore a tendon it prevented him from getting that big time scholly. He will be a bigtime playmaker at Nebraska, dude is a natural freak and a hard worker. His size will prevent him from being the featured back, but he has so much speed, explosiveness, and quickness that he will make big plays.

Ty is very quick and decent speed, like Burkhead speed, not Martinez speed. Has a lot of heart and passion when he plays, but mentally he isn't there yet as a running back (but he just recently made the switch to RB). I heard Okafur get his named called a few times in the 2nd quarter, nothing real big or fancy.

Not true at all. Kildow is one of the fastest and most elusive guys on the team. Much, much faster than Burkhead. The guy would be a baller if he was a little taller and might end up being a good player anyway.

Decent speed...you have no idea what you are talking about. The kid is a god damn missile and use to tear up class A consistently. He is very small, but I hope we see more of him.

Much like Woodhead, the only reason he isn't somewhere else is because of his height. I'm not saying he is Woodhead by the way.

Played basketball with him in middleschool and against him in highschool. He is a freak, in 7th grade he was the same height he is now maybe an inch shorter, had a six pack, and was touching rim at 5"6. His junior year he was the biggest playmaker in the state but then he tore something in his leg and didn't play Sr. year, thus preventing him from getting big time scholly offers. I remember hearing he ran an outrageous 40 time at the Husker camp and was about to get an offer but when he tore a tendon it prevented him from getting that big time scholly. He will be a bigtime playmaker at Nebraska, dude is a natural freak and a hard worker. His size will prevent him from being the featured back, but he has so much speed, explosiveness, and quickness that he will make big plays.

You are correct. He really has freakish ability and speed. He was the fastest kid at NU's camp prior to his senior year. Unfortunately, he then blew out his knee going into his senior year, and then hurt his knee again when he got to campus as a walk-on.

Yesterday he looked like he had his speed back and just showed great natural quickness and a feel for running the ball. I think he can do big things as a change-of-pace back in this offense. Of course, he can also catch the ball a bit, giving Beck a lot of options for getting him the ball in space and letting him create.

His brother, Beau, was a two time first team All-American WR at Morningside College (NAIA) at about 5'-6" tall, so obviously there is some athletic ability running in the family. And before everyone dogs on NAIA football, you're a pretty damn good football player if you make an all american team at any level.