Student Seating Question for Students

Sneaking in booze is unbelievably easy, done it many times and never was worried about getting caught. Grab a couple of 1 dollar whiskey shooters, buy a pepsi from the concession stand and your money.

As others have described before about having to be there so early and still get a bad seat sometimes is the reason why I didn't get tickets this year. For people like me who are actually of legal drinking age, it's fun to go downtown and mingle with other people before heading to the stadium. What it really boils down too is it's actually pretty annoying, more than half the people around you could care less about the game, and are just there because it gives them a reason to drink.

Especially for those who like to tail gate before every game, we had to get up around 7:30 just to be able to get 3 beers in before we had to leave for the stadium. After two years of doing this, it just got old. I love being at the games and I love the game day atmosphere but the extra hassel that general admission seating brings to the table makes it horrible IMO.

Students won't be moved for a long time, if ever. It's just not going to happen here.

Yup. Really sad, but true. Money talks in the Nebraska football world. If I remember correctly, the students used to sit in sections 15, 16, and 17 or something like that (maybe just 16?). (Seating Chart) Whatever it was, they were directly behind the goal posts. Sadly a year or two before I started, they moved them over to the corner (Student Seating) because people were complaining about students standing the whole game and being stuck behind them. I can understand the complaints, but now that we have all the extra seating coming, I think students should get moved back to 15, 16, and 17, and have the student section be all the way to the top of the stadium. I'm not sure how many seats there are for students now, and how many that would give them, but you could take out the front two parts of 15 and 17 if need be. Sadly, this won't ever happen because they know they can make more money off of regular tickets with donations and such...it really is a business and I don't really blame them for it. It does suck for us students though.

I remember seeing a story on the local news about the moving of the student section, and I remember them interviewing a few students saying how the new sections in south stadium allow you to see the game better. :bs: I'm sure there were WAY more kids who thought the move was to worse seats, but no interview for them. Sitting in the upper half of southeast stadium cuts off a good portion of the endzone. I'm not sure what the view is from the very top, but I wouldn't be surprised if part of the actual playing field was out of sight. I also don't know what the view is like from the top row directly behind the goal posts, but I can't imagine it being worse than being up in the corner.

The way the ticket sales went this year is like this. It goes by your class standing during spring semester.

Seniors and graduate students: April 4-6

Juniors: April 7-9

Sophomores: April 10-12

Freshmen: April 13-15 (currently enrolled for the 2011 spring semester)

Open to all fall full-time students beginning April 16

They sold out on the 16th, meaning incoming freshmen had only one day to buy the tickets. Ya snooze, ya lose, but there would be a lot more students there if the student section was a little bigger. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go to a lottery system like they had back in the mid-90s when we were winning everything. I would really hate that, so let's hope it doesn't come to that. I really would like to see the students benefit from the new addition to the stadium though. Whether it be more seats, or better seats, I really hope something changes.

I realize that it's a pretty cool thing that I get to go to every home game for a pretty good price, compared to people who go to maybe one game a year for the same price I pay for all my tickets combined, but this is just something that really "grinds my gears" for lack of a better term. It seems like most student sections I see on TV have much better seats than we do, but I may be completely wrong.

I thought that there were new rules about students tickets since we are in the B1G. Just don't remember what the rule was.

I am in the North end to the right of the goal post and it bugs the crap out of me when the blue hair sit down as soon as the 1st play is over with, then yell at you if your yelling at the ref. Bunch of up tight people I tell ya.

But I wish I could drink at the game, but having a 7 hour drive back home kills it.

I've never sat in North stadium, but from all of the stories I've heard, its a horrible place. Speakers so loud you can't think, cant see the screen, and of course the bluehairs...come on old people this isn't the '60s, if we want to cheer on our team don't hold us back.

I've never sat in North stadium, but from all of the stories I've heard, its a horrible place. Speakers so loud you can't think, cant see the screen, and of course the bluehairs...come on old people this isn't the '60s, if we want to cheer on our team don't hold us back.

According to an article I read over the summer, huskers.com put up a poll asking fans whether or not the athletic department should upgrade the sound system. The poll apparently didn't favor upgrading them.

This is astounding to me for two reasons. One, anybody who sits in the North stadium knows how loud it is because they're directly under the speakers. Anybody sitting in any other part of the stadium knows how quiet it is because everything gets blared from one side of the stadium.

Second, I had no idea this poll ever existed. To me, this should be a huge priority.

I remember that poll. I know I wrote about the sound and the students being tucked away in the corner.

I would like to see the actual results they came up with. With the sound issue, probably only a third of the stadium experiences the lack of music, announcing, etc. and even fewer care about it which is really disappointing. Like a few people have said, really our only hope of getting decent sound to the south end is if/when they add on there with perhaps a new screen, boxes, whatever, and I'm guessing that's many, many years down the road.

General admission student seating is a blessing and a curse. I love it because you don't have to worry about not sitting by your friends or having crappy seats all season. It's a curse because you have to show up earlier than you'd like for games. If I had it my way, I'd be walking into the stadium about 40 minutes before kickoff. As it is now, I'm usually in the stadium about 1 1/2 - 2 hours before kickoff.

As far as lines go, the South section seems to open the gates whenever they want so sometimes I'll show up and there's a line and other times I can walk right in, no problem. For the UT game, I was there at 9:30am for the 2:30pm kick, stood in line for hours, and was still up in the 70th row. I'm thinking that the Ohio State game is going to have a real Texas flavor to it, so be prepared for lines at that one. Especially if College Gameday is here, I'd think you'd see people going straight from CGD to the line to get in.

Exactly, I was fortunate enough, by some miraculous unclogging of the purchasing system to get tickets on my one-day only chance to get them. For the UT game I was there at 9:30am (with huskeraddict and a couple of friends), waited in line for hours.

I think they opened the gates at 12ish where everyone ran and stood in a massive blob for another 45min or so. Obviously a lot of excitement and anticipation in that blob and I think we were even lucky enough to be put on the ESPN. Great atmosphere.

Then the gates to the stadium opened and all hell broke loose. My shoelaces came untied and repeatedly stepped on, but lucky for me there were so many people around me that I didn't fall. And while we're running/pushing/being pushed our way up the ramp, I look over to see people filing into the East section in a nice, neat, calm, walk.

Anyways, ended up about 70th row...not bad, not really that great, but what can you expect? And if College Gameday is going to be in Lincoln for the Ohio State matchup (which given the current situation is about an 85% certainty) you can expect people to be @ College Gameday hours before it goes on air and then from CGD they'll go right into the line.

It's one hell of an anticipated game. I'm looking forward to it, though.

And yeah, I wish they would change the student seating, but I can understand their reasoning behind why they don't. However, students are the ones who make the atmosphere lively, not some blue hairs sitting down watching the game like its on TV.