Where Are They Now - Mickey Joseph

The Sooners on the sideline moved out of the way and helped so up their guy(not a suprise as many teams would rather protect their guy) and it was the Sooner defensive bench he hit as it was vacant. I vaguely remember a Boomer equipment manager checking on Mickey after the crash and then walking away.

Mikey had his leg severely cut during that game down in OU. I think he collided with the bench on the OU sideline.

Wasn't there a lot of grumbling that he was hit late out of bounds and shoved into that bench? I seem to recall that...

Yep you are correct

I was at that game and about 5 rows up from the late hit out of bounds that caused Joseph to smash into the bench. It was a blatant hit all the way around.

Good luck to the coaches and players.

But, football in Austria????? I'd love to visit there but play football there? Do they even play football there? Not futbol, football. Maybe Austria was mistaken between futbol and football when they agreed to host!!

Yeah, I don't think the Austrians are very good, but Germany has a pretty good running game. Mexico and Japan are fun to watch, often going 4 and 5 wide, and Japan's QB could start for a FBS school. Both Japan and Mexico look like they consult Mike Leach and his air raid offense while New Zealand has copied some pages out of Switzer's wishbone playbook. The USA team is comprised mostly of FCS level and lower athletes, but we still roll over most everyone. If we ran the ball every play, we'd score 60 every game. It is my dream to see American Football one day be an Olympic sport, but that'll probably never happen.

panhandle husker, actually Mickey was from a different recruiting class than the one Max rated number 1. But you are correct he was at the very least one of Max's top ten prospects. Decent Husker QB, but not as good as advertised coming out of college. Never was Tommie Frazier talent or Darien Hagen talent.

Remembering that Oklahoma game, Mike Grant took over the game at QB and sucked it up. Mike reminded me some physically and athletically of Cody Green.

Remembering the CU game his junior year -- CU won 27-12 -- and the controversial call where Mickey appeared to have scored a long TD run but was called stepping out of bounce. Man, if you look at the replays, it couldn't be any closer. He may have or may not had touched the line. We would have been up 19-0 in that game.

His senior year, I remember Mickey starting in the opening game, but he struggled in the first quarter and T O put in Keithen McCant(sp?). KM started the rest of the year ... he had a productive senior year. KM was the second QB recruited in Mickey's class.

• 1 month later...