2012 NU recruiting by the numbers

There are 96 known offers combined between three recruiting services as of today. Notice the trend developing in the SEC region, but more specifically Georgia. While Florida shows the most offers, which is par for the course by NU standards, it's Georgia that surprises me the most. I know we've thrown a handful of offers in years past, but I can't remember a time this early in the recruiting cycle of there being 11 offers in Georgia alone.

Many of the recruiting beatniks had been saying for the last couple of years that Georgia may be overtaking Cailfornia as the state that pumps out the third best quality talent. I am all in favor of raiding the SEC states, however the success of this probably be minimum as a lot of those kids seldom leave that area. BUT continued success on the field will breed large rewards on the recruiting trail.

I think you also need to be picky if your nebraska and going into SEC country. because of character and academic issues.

Just stop posting. While you're at it, retake fourth grade grammar.

There are 96 known offers combined between three recruiting services as of today. Notice the trend developing in the SEC region, but more specifically Georgia. While Florida shows the most offers, which is par for the course by NU standards, it's Georgia that surprises me the most. I know we've thrown a handful of offers in years past, but I can't remember a time this early in the recruiting cycle of there being 11 offers in Georgia alone.

Many of the recruiting beatniks had been saying for the last couple of years that Georgia may be overtaking Cailfornia as the state that pumps out the third best quality talent. I am all in favor of raiding the SEC states, however the success of this probably be minimum as a lot of those kids seldom leave that area. BUT continued success on the field will breed large rewards on the recruiting trail.

I think you also need to be picky if your nebraska and going into SEC country. because of character and academic issues.

Is this towards me? I was rushing through this comment and failed to hit the comma key. I noticed it but didn't care to edit it because its just a blog and the message is rather obvious. Now I do realize there was a poster who didn't make any sense at all and that might be the guy you are referring to. Still, you managed to reply to mine.

Is this towards me? I was rushing through this comment and failed to hit the comma key. I noticed it but didn't care to edit it because its just a blog and the message is rather obvious. Now I do realize there was a poster who didn't make any sense at all and that might be the guy you are referring to. Still, you managed to reply to mine.

I'm pretty sure that was directed at the other dude. If so then that was just stupid if directed at your comment. The no sense poster did say he was Texas right? I think that pretty much wraps it up.

As of today.

Florida = 24

California = 16

Georgia = 12

Texas = 10

Arizona = 6

Ohio = 6

Missouri = 6

Illinois = 4

Alabama = 4

New Jersey = 3

Kansas = 3

Louisiana = 3

Tennessee = 3

Maryland = 3

Colorado = 2

Utah = 2

Washington = 2

Virginia = 2

Michigan = 2

Nevada = 1

Mississippi = 1

North Carolina = 1

South Carolina = 1

District of Columbia = 1

Pennsylvania = 1

Iowa = 1

I know it's not a GREAT year in-state, but it does pain me a little bit to not see a homestate kid on the list.

Mike Shoff will be offered at camp. And depending on IF the coaches want a QB, and if the guys they want all go elsewhere, and they really want a QB Tay Bender will get an offer. A lot of things would have to happen for this to happen, but it is a real scenario