2012 NU recruiting by the numbers

There are 96 known offers combined between three recruiting services as of today. Notice the trend developing in the SEC region, but more specifically Georgia. While Florida shows the most offers, which is par for the course by NU standards, it's Georgia that surprises me the most. I know we've thrown a handful of offers in years past, but I can't remember a time this early in the recruiting cycle of there being 11 offers in Georgia alone. I'm sure this new focus has Coach Raymond's fingerprints all over it and rightfully so. Also worth noting is how few offers we have out in Texas at this point in time which is unusual for NU at this time of year.

2012 Recruiting Map

Florida = 19

Georgia = 11

California = 11

Texas = 7

Missouri = 6

Arizona = 5

Alabama = 4

Illinois = 4

Ohio = 4

Maryland = 3

Tennessee = 3

Louisiana = 2

Utah = 2

Washington = 2

New Jersey = 2

Michigan = 2

Colorado = 1

Nevada = 1

Kansas = 1

Arkansas = 1

North Carolina = 1

South Carolina = 1

District of Columbia = 1

Pennsylvania = 1

Iowa = 1

Coach Raymond will help us out alot in those regions, IMO. Especially his pressence in Louisiana and Georgia.

Missouri is loaded with talent this year, I wouldn't be surpirsed to see us pluck a couple of kids from under Pinkel's nose. Especially players like Durron Neal and Michael Scherer, those two would really help.

Missouri is loaded with talent this year, I wouldn't be surpirsed to see us pluck a couple of kids from under Pinkel's nose. Especially players like Durron Neal and Michael Scherer, those two would really help.

both are supposedly mu leans. But who really knows.... I know from a MU fans POV, those two are must gets. And you are right that MO is loaded this year. Lots of good kids to be had that is for sure.

both are supposedly mu leans. But who really knows.... I know from a MU fans POV, those two are must gets. And you are right that MO is loaded this year. Lots of good kids to be had that is for sure.

I thought Neal was an Alabama lean?

the texas number is a little low but with nebraska having such a small class, they are targeting the whole country to get big names. they can now focus on these great recruits and stay on their mind. plus Texas has plenty of talent that gets evaluated late. i believe they will offer more texas recruits and even get one or two to commit

I thought Neal was an Alabama lean?

what i have been hearing is mu was/is his favorite since his soph year. there are alot of big boys coming to call on him, so that could change. And Bama is one that i am sure has gotten his attention. But he has also said more than once in interviews that MU "discovered" him and helped to put him on the map and that them being first way ahead of anyone else to really go after him means alot to him.

Really with this stuff this early, its always hard to say. Who you read, who you know, who they know and 100 other things will give you a feel for where a kid is leaning. For me personally, I take it with a grain of salt until that letter comes across the fax. And thats regardless of what connection i have may be telling me. After all, these are 17-18 kids and in most cases their confidence/egos are pretty high, so that just adds to the mystery. :)

There are 96 known offers combined between three recruiting services as of today. Notice the trend developing in the SEC region, but more specifically Georgia. While Florida shows the most offers, which is par for the course by NU standards, it's Georgia that surprises me the most. I know we've thrown a handful of offers in years past, but I can't remember a time this early in the recruiting cycle of there being 11 offers in Georgia alone.

Many of the recruiting beatniks had been saying for the last couple of years that Georgia may be overtaking Cailfornia as the state that pumps out the third best quality talent. I am all in favor of raiding the SEC states, however the success of this probably be minimum as a lot of those kids seldom leave that area. BUT continued success on the field will breed large rewards on the recruiting trail.

There are 96 known offers combined between three recruiting services as of today. Notice the trend developing in the SEC region, but more specifically Georgia. While Florida shows the most offers, which is par for the course by NU standards, it's Georgia that surprises me the most. I know we've thrown a handful of offers in years past, but I can't remember a time this early in the recruiting cycle of there being 11 offers in Georgia alone.

Many of the recruiting beatniks had been saying for the last couple of years that Georgia may be overtaking Cailfornia as the state that pumps out the third best quality talent. I am all in favor of raiding the SEC states, however the success of this probably be minimum as a lot of those kids seldom leave that area. BUT continued success on the field will breed large rewards on the recruiting trail.

I think you also need to be picky if your nebraska and going into SEC country. because of character and academic issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Mizz don't have the players Nebraska needs best recruits if not Nebraska, ssshhh area I'm Texas and good luck with that being that Nebraska isn't being that competitve for a bunch of pancake masters.

blasted_imposter is that you?