Big Ten to push back start times?

Nexus

Then again, the commercials were always muted, but that just adds to the fantasy. :corndance

:lol: She's lucky she was pretty hot, othewise she would have nothing going for her.

After reading these two comments I'm sure she deleted you two off her facebook.....facebook deleted!!!

Okay correct me if I am wrong, but won't the early kick off times hurt our Game Day on campus recruiting visits? Now that you have to fly them commercially it will be tough for kids to get there in time for an 11:00AM or heck even a noon kickoff? I haven't driven from Omaha to Lincoln on Game Day but that has to be one big mess and the closer you get to game time the longer the drive takes. At least with 2:30 kickoff's we had a couple extra hours to get guys here.

How many 11:00 AM games did we have last year? Of those 11:00 AM games how many guys did we have come for visits. Just thinking about the overall impact of the different game times.

From what I have heard 11am kickoffs pretty much means no recruiting visits, unless its a in state guy, from either Omaha or Lincoln. Remember most of the recruits play friday night games, coming early for a saturday game pretty much ruins the visit from the start.

I believe we had one 11am game last year and it was Idaho. I think 5 of our last 7 games were 2:30 last year, the only other 2 were night games.

Okay correct me if I am wrong, but won't the early kick off times hurt our Game Day on campus recruiting visits? Now that you have to fly them commercially it will be tough for kids to get there in time for an 11:00AM or heck even a noon kickoff? I haven't driven from Omaha to Lincoln on Game Day but that has to be one big mess and the closer you get to game time the longer the drive takes. At least with 2:30 kickoff's we had a couple extra hours to get guys here.

How many 11:00 AM games did we have last year? Of those 11:00 AM games how many guys did we have come for visits. Just thinking about the overall impact of the different game times.

From what I have heard 11am kickoffs pretty much means no recruiting visits, unless its a in state guy, from either Omaha or Lincoln. Remember most of the recruits play friday night games, coming early for a saturday game pretty much ruins the visit from the start.

I believe we had one 11am game last year and it was Idaho. I think 5 of our last 7 games were 2:30 last year, the only other 2 were night games.

That's what I was thinking too. So whether the kickoff is at 11 or at 12 if we have a lot of these games it could hurt recruiting since our Game Day Experience seems to be one of the biggest hooks we have for recruiting. I hadn't seen anyone really mention that aspect of the move to the Big Ten. Curious what folks think it will do to our recruiting, if anything.

Out here on the west coast and saw plenty of OSU, Michigan, Penn State 9am kickoffs especially with their non-conference games it seems. I don't mind a couple but certain Saturdays was ridiculous with majority of Big 10 teams playing at 9am on west coast. I had like 6 games to watch and usually went with the closest game. I think it is smart to push the times back a bit (we should want that for recruiting visits) or at least don't have 80% of your games over by 12:30pm on the west coast. Why not stagger and rotate a bit more?

As a Iowa and Big Ten Fan I would not want this to happen. I do believe that these 12:00 EST are good for the conference as it is the only conferance to play that early (I think) which gives our teams more national exposure.

Question, what was or is the Big 12 time slots. Also what are the advantages to moving back start times one hour?

Nothing better than tailgating at 7 am, passed out by 7 pm.

Advantage? How about more time to tailgate and/or sleep off the night before? I didn't like noon starts when I was in school and would've loved that extra hour. Hell, even now though I'm not really out the night before like I use to, I'd much rather have a later start. The best tailgates were always the 330 or laters starts so I'll glady take that extra hour of tailgating

11 a.m. games suck!

2:00 CST is perfect. Time to recover from Friday night and time for the tailgate and a few stops on the way to the stadium.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1: