Kobe Bryant?

Haspula

Its a shame that Dallas is going to have to end the dynasty...Sorry Kobe

lol that's pretty funny. Dallas will last 5 or 6 games but with the Spurs knocked out that will give the Lakers even more reason to stay competitive.

husker 99, calling husker 99. Where are you husker 99? How's your prediction turning out? Not very well bc even if Dallas loses the next three, they still make it to game 7 no matter what. I'll make a bold prediction, Dallas in four. Have fun sweeping on Sunday night!

Mavs are impossible to beat. Underrated 3 point shooting team, good defense, and Dirk is a shooting machine

Trust me the Lakers will 3-peat

Me: No way they three peat. They are old and play no defense whatsoever. San Antonio or Dallas will represent the western conference. Hopefully Dallas, but they have the first round curse haunting them. I think they break that this year. Dirk is having a lights out season, possible MVP season.

Me: They can't stop Dirk, Kidd, Terry and now Peja too. I trust Kidd guarding Kobe. And Chandler guarding Bynum. Dirk just has to slow down Gasol bc there is no way Gasol can keep Dirk contained on defense. Besides, Dallas already beat Lakers this season. And Dallas would be in first place if Dirk wasn't hurt for like 10 games earlier this season.

Ok, first of all Kidd guarding Kobe, that is a joke unless Dallas wants Kobe to set a new single game playoff record for most points. Peja was not even a problem when he was actually good when he played with the Kings. Jason Terry is a catch and shoot player, as long as someone always stays on him, he won't be a problem. Chandler will limit Bynum a little bit, but they can move Gasol to center and Odom to power forward to solve that problem. Plus Odom would do a better job on Dirk too because he is quicker than Gasol and more athletic so he can limit Dirk better than Gasol. Don't forget it is the playoffs. Kobe has more rings than the entire Maverick franchise.

Dallas won't win the NBA Championship. Remember 2006? Dallas basically choked away the Finals and Wade said as much after the Finals. The Lakers don't have much to worry. When playoff time comes they will step up. They have Kobe and the best coach in the NBA.

I said in the Derron Williams to New Jersey thread in February the Mavs will win the western conference bc nobody on the Lakers can guard Dirk and we have one of the best defenses in the wc and all the Lakers fans in that thread laughed at me. Nobody can guard Kobe. I said put Kidd on him and he will struggle. No way Kidd can guard Kobe. Well, looks like I was right, look whos guarding him in crunch time...Mr. Kidd.

Mavs are impossible to beat. Underrated 3 point shooting team, good defense, and Dirk is a shooting machine

Me: No way they three peat. They are old and play no defense whatsoever. San Antonio or Dallas will represent the western conference. Hopefully Dallas, but they have the first round curse haunting them. I think they break that this year. Dirk is having a lights out season, possible MVP season.

Me: They can't stop Dirk, Kidd, Terry and now Peja too. I trust Kidd guarding Kobe. And Chandler guarding Bynum. Dirk just has to slow down Gasol bc there is no way Gasol can keep Dirk contained on defense. Besides, Dallas already beat Lakers this season. And Dallas would be in first place if Dirk wasn't hurt for like 10 games earlier this season.

Ok, first of all Kidd guarding Kobe, that is a joke unless Dallas wants Kobe to set a new single game playoff record for most points. Peja was not even a problem when he was actually good when he played with the Kings. Jason Terry is a catch and shoot player, as long as someone always stays on him, he won't be a problem. Chandler will limit Bynum a little bit, but they can move Gasol to center and Odom to power forward to solve that problem. Plus Odom would do a better job on Dirk too because he is quicker than Gasol and more athletic so he can limit Dirk better than Gasol. Don't forget it is the playoffs. Kobe has more rings than the entire Maverick franchise.

Dallas won't win the NBA Championship. Remember 2006? Dallas basically choked away the Finals and Wade said as much after the Finals. The Lakers don't have much to worry. When playoff time comes they will step up. They have Kobe and the best coach in the NBA.

I said in the Derron Williams to New Jersey thread in February the Mavs will win the western conference bc nobody on the Lakers can guard Dirk and we have one of the best defenses in the wc and all the Lakers fans in that thread laughed at me. Nobody can guard Kobe. I said put Kidd on him and he will struggle. No way Kidd can guard Kobe. Well, looks like I was right, look whos guarding him in crunch time...Mr. Kidd.

Demotive-HighHorse.jpg

Demotive-HighHorse.jpg

Apparently its not okay to be happy when your favorite team is doing well. I'll keep that in mind.

You also said the Mavericks would pass the Lakers in the Standings which they didn't. The Lakers are losing because of Pau Gasol being soft. The Mavericks are playing well and taking advantage of a soft Pau. No Kidd can't guard Kobe. Kobe blows past Kidd. the only way Kidd shoots is because of pick and rolls. He can't beat Kobe one on on which Kobe can do Kidd. Also i see a lot of double teaming on Kobe. Which is smart but Kidd isn't doing it himself.

Being happy is one thing. Consistently mentioning "i told you so"'s, "looks like i was right"'s and making fun of others because of predictions (you realize a prediction is a prediction, right?) is pretty silly.

Half of those quotes I posted were between me and my brother in that thread. He is a Laker fan. If he doesn't want me saying those things, he will tell me so, but he realizes I'm just joking around.

You also said the Mavericks would pass the Lakers in the Standings which they didn't. The Lakers are losing because of Pau Gasol being soft. The Mavericks are playing well and taking advantage of a soft Pau. No Kidd can't guard Kobe. Kobe blows past Kidd. the only way Kidd shoots is because of pick and rolls. He can't beat Kobe one on on which Kobe can do Kidd. Also i see a lot of double teaming on Kobe. Which is smart but Kidd isn't doing it himself.

Ya, I thought they would have a better second half to the season. I thought they would pass the Spurs too. Im more happy the Spurs got eliminated than anything, though. And I hope more than anything the Celtics beat the Heat. I can't stand them.

B_tch can't get over the infidelity of her husband so she goes and creates trouble for someone else's.

"I have to learn from this," Gasol said. ''I have to learn that when something happens off the court, you have to keep it off the court."

He was referring to the report that he stopped talking to Bryant during the postseason because Bryant's wife, Vanessa, had contributed to the breakup of Gasol and his longtime girlfriend. Lakers fans will remember that Karl Malone once publicly accused Vanessa of interfering with his personal life in a similar fashion.

Whatever was happening, Bryant and Gasol haven't connected on the court in a month, and the Lakers have been lost without the strength of their fusion.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/columnists/la-sp-plaschke-lakers-20110509,0,5674166.column?page=2

Who's gonna be the next coach Byron Scott or Brian Shaw ?

Congrats to the Mavericks but the Lakers weren't playing they way they are capable of. They should be weary of the team they play in the WC Finals. So far these playoffs are looking like the year of the low seed. ATL beat Orlando and now evened the series against the Bulls. Memphis knocked out San Antonio and now have a lead on OKC. Memphis looking very dangerous now. I'm not saying the Mavericks will lose but now they are the hunted instead of the hunter.