McShay on Husker's Draft

The Jints got a HELL of a bargain with Prince at #19. All I can figure is that teams were worried about his lack of INTs last year and Blackmon's TDs against him. It never ceases to amaze me how the decision-makers on an NFL team get suckered. This draft is going to come back to bite some of these teams in the backside.

Schick and Nick Show on 1620 the zone had some draft guru on this morning, and he said pretty much the exact same thing. The lack of int's, getting beat deep a couple of times, and the way he played 7 yards off his man but still jammed him after the 5 yard cushion concerend some teams.

My personal take is that a lot of decisions are made by NFL owners, who consult their football people but don't necessarily listen to them so much. That or the NFL as a whole is just bad at judging talent. For every Suh out there we see a Ryan Leaf or a Kurt Warner, guys who shouldn't get drafted but are and guys who should get drafted and aren't. Aaron Rodgers at #24 comes to mind as well.

This is why I prefer college ball. I find it more a pure form of the game, even though there are a lot of less-talented guys on rosters.

You have to consider the value the Lions were getting at 13 with Fairly too. Remember when he was the consensus #1 pick? To get him at 13 is a steal IMO. Sometimes there's deals you just can't pass up on.

As for Prince, I too think the Giants got a hell of a bargain. Luckily for the Giants no one else had a glaring need for corner, and everyone thought Prince we be gone by 13 at the latest. Something I think hasn't been talked about much is Prince's upside. 2009 he was a ballhawk, 2010 he locked down...just wait until he combines the two. He could be the next Darrelle Revis. And I still think he as untapped potential as a return man.

The Jints got a HELL of a bargain with Prince at #19. All I can figure is that teams were worried about his lack of INTs last year and Blackmon's TDs against him. It never ceases to amaze me how the decision-makers on an NFL team get suckered. This draft is going to come back to bite some of these teams in the backside.

Schick and Nick Show on 1620 the zone had some draft guru on this morning, and he said pretty much the exact same thing. The lack of int's, getting beat deep a couple of times, and the way he played 7 yards off his man but still jammed him after the 5 yard cushion concerend some teams.

My personal take is that a lot of decisions are made by NFL owners, who consult their football people but don't necessarily listen to them so much. That or the NFL as a whole is just bad at judging talent. For every Suh out there we see a Ryan Leaf or a Kurt Warner, guys who shouldn't get drafted but are and guys who should get drafted and aren't. Aaron Rodgers at #24 comes to mind as well.

This is why I prefer college ball. I find it more a pure form of the game, even though there are a lot of less-talented guys on rosters.

You have to consider the value the Lions were getting at 13 with Fairly too. Remember when he was the consensus #1 pick? To get him at 13 is a steal IMO. Sometimes there's deals you just can't pass up on.

As for Prince, I too think the Giants got a hell of a bargain. Luckily for the Giants no one else had a glaring need for corner, and everyone thought Prince we be gone by 13 at the latest. Something I think hasn't been talked about much is Prince's upside. 2009 he was a ballhawk, 2010 he locked down...just wait until he combines the two. He could be the next Darrelle Revis. And I still think he as untapped potential as a return man.

Seeing Failrey go to the Lions really made me happy. I have become more of a Lions fans in the last year. As long as fairley stays the course, and keeps his head on straight he will do great things.

The Lions still needs defensive backs in a bad way. Here's to hoping they draft Gomes or Hagg.