Huskers picked to win division

Not to be a Debby Downer, but I don't see Nebraska playing in the CCG. There are just too many hurdles to overcome. The troubles at QB, which need remedied, new coaching staff, new offense and a slew of talented new teams (not just in the division) to scheme against. Difficult road games against Wisconsin, Michigan and Penn State are not going to be kind to the ol' conference record.... Iowa should be a good team with an easier schedule. Objectively, I would take them as division favorites. I also see people discounting Michigan State early on... Which could be a mistake.

Not to be a Debby Downer, but I don't see Nebraska playing in the CCG. There are just too many hurdles to overcome. The troubles at QB, which need remedied, new coaching staff, new offense and a slew of talented new teams (not just in the division) to scheme against. Difficult home games against Wisconsin, Michigan and Penn State are not going to be kind to the ol' conference record.... Iowa should be a good team with an easier schedule. Objectively, I would take them as division favorites. I also see people discounting Michigan State early on... Which could be a mistake.

Michigan State, Iowa and Wisconsin all lost a slew of starters, especially Iowa and Wisconsin. Iowa has to replace Ricky Stanzi, too.

A lot of questions on other teams helps Nebraska, even if they are only questions.

Michigan State, Iowa and Wisconsin all lost a slew of starters, especially Iowa and Wisconsin. Iowa has to replace Ricky Stanzi, too.

A lot of questions on other teams helps Nebraska, even if they are only questions.

This. People looking at next years schedule need to look at it through the 2011 glasses. When announced last year the schedule looked very daunting because of how well the teams were playing(ie Wisconsin, MSU, OSU). But looking at it through the 2011 version of teams, it appears very managable.

Nebraska is a popular pick because it appears that the amount of questions, and possible answers are a lot less and easier to answer. One week at a time and NU should be alright.

I wonder what we showed in the spring game that could possibly lead anyone to this conclusion? I'm not saying they're wrong. I just wonder what they saw.

I'm not sure who was making the picks on the show you were watching (didn't see it), but I'm assuming Dinardi was one of them. He went and watched every team practice this year - not just the spring game - and has said a couple times that the first thing he noticed about NU was how much more athletic their o-line was than any other B10 school. I'm a huge doubter when it comes to o-line improvement, but Dinardi sure seems to believe it'll happen. He seems to think NU overall has better athleticism, leading him to pick them.

This isn't saying that the Huskers will win the Big Ten title, but rather it has a good chance of going to the title game, which kind of piggybacks on what Coach Meyers was saying that Nebraska could make a run at the Big Ten title this year if all the pieces fall into place. But this is preliminary stuff, I mean August could come around and these guys switch their opinions to pick Iowa or Michgan to win the Legends division, who knows.

Woke up this morning to see Big Ten Network talking about all the spring games and giving their non-binding assessment of who would be the top 3 teams in both divisions.

Nebraska was picked to be in the top 3, in fact they are picked by both to win the division. Due mostly to the amount of talent on both sides of the ball.

Even though its preliminary, its good to get some love from Big Ten analysts despite our rough schedule.

Sounds good to me! :corndance

Here's the unfortunate thing: Michigan State (one of our prime competitors for the division) is the only B1G team to get OSU without Tressel, Pryor and the other suspended players. That's gonna be a tough match-up for the Buckeyes. The Michigan St. game might be a must-win for us.