Osborne: Iowa-Nebraska will eventually be a rivalry

True, true, but you realize the last time they played Iowa just got a new coach and had been on the brink of becoming like MN. I am sure KF is ready for his rematch. Thats where all the Iowa pride comes in, they were not fit to play against the better high school teams for many years, now days (tap on wood) people cant seem to hang more than 7 (most of the time 3)on them when Iowa does lose. I know you all can relate to field goals at the end to win or lose. It's great if ya win, but you all know it stings when ya dont. Personally I am happy with the growth, are we the best, not by a long shot, can we play a good game, most of the time. We have a ton to do, but hopefully when we get to black friday, we can give you all a game.

We'll see. I hope for a good game, too.

A Rivalry to me starts with playing someone who you compete with year in and year out for a conference or division championship. That rivalry we had with Okl for so many Big-8 titles, is what turned that into one of the greatest rivalries of all time. Time will tell if Iowa is the team we have to beat, to reach the B1G championship year in and year out. The real rivalry could come from the B1G title game itself. If we are lucky or good, and get there enough, and have to beat say an Ohio St or Mich on a regular basis for a bcs bowl, that could very soon, turn into one.

Okl and Texas have been playing for decades, but when the "greatest rivalries of all time" would pop up on a sports show or talk radio, that game was never brought up as one of them. Mich/Ohio St, Ala/Aub, USC/Ucla[not so much any more] Yale/Harvard, and of course Neb/Okl. Those games were usually for all the marbles, in Conference.

Colorado was also right on one of our borders, but we all know what we thought of that, one sided rivalry. Iowa St was right next door also, buy that never turned out to be one either. Iowa seems to have gotten much better in the last decade, will see if it starts a Neb/Iowa game we point to. JMO

GBR!!!