Looking for a hotel that is very close to your campus

And yes, I would love to tailgate with you guys, if I could figure out how, I would even bring some good old Alabama moonshine up there, but dont know if I can make it through the pat down in the airport with that under my coat.

You'll probably make more friends if you could manage to bring up a dozen or so racks from Dreamland.

I've stayed at the cornhusker numerous times and while the embassy is nicer, the cornhusker is no slouch. Still a great location and if you have points to burn I would check there. Plus its a short walk from a real nice family lounge called the "Night Before", its a must do when in Lincoln.

HAHAHAHA!

Freaking awesome!

But I agree, it is a must do.

Yeh man, there is a team forum www.mocfans.com ...Dont be disappointed, I will tell you up front, it is nothing like your guys forum with so many members and active threads. It is a typical small college forum, but it will get busier as the season gets closer. Please check it out. Hey man, after you trounce us, I would ask that you pull for us through the rest of the FCS schedule. I actually played at Chatt with a guy that his dad played at Nebraska in the early 70s and boy did he love the Cornhuskers. If Im not mistaken, Nebraska came down and rolled Auburn up pretty good when Dave Rimington was at Nebraska when I was younger. I personally have alot of respect for your program and that is why I am going to take it as an opportunity to catch a game there. Kind of a bucket list thing for a football fan. If any of you have any questions about the Mocs, please dont hesitate to ask me and I will give an honest answer. One side note, Chattanooga has one win over the Tennessee Vols, there was actually a riot in Chattanooga after this win. Chattanooga had a legendary coach in the 60s and 70s named Scrappy Moore ( Bear Bryant was his mentor) that had some great success. Chattanooga has had a fair amount of NFL players with the most famous T.O. Terrell Owens. Chattanooga had the 137th overall pick in the draft this year to Cleveland, a speedy defensive back named Buster Skrine, whom just happened to turn the best 40 yd dash time in the combine for defensive backs. Some coaches that left Chattanooga to greener pastures, The late Joe Morrison left Chatt. for the South Carolina job, Tommy West left Chatt for the Clemson job, Buddy Nix ( my coach) current General Manager of the Buffalo Bills, Buddy Greene left and is now Defensive Coordinator at Navy. Sorry if I am boring you, but I know there is not alot of information out there on us due to the size of our school. Chatt. is used to playing in big venues though, in the last several years have played Auburn, Alabama, Georgia Tech, Tulane in the Superdome, Boise State, Colorado State, Oklahoma, Florida State to name a few. Chatt is in the Southern Conference, the power team of the conference is Appalachian State, and to be honest with you, is probably the only school in the conference that you will here me say, can line it up with anybody in the country and give them a fight. No team in the country should ever take Appalachian State lightly, or you could end up with your tail tucked between your legs. Furman, Georgia Southern,The Citadel are also fairly competitive. Appy State as we refer to them had the most draft picks in the conference this year with 3. I dont know if any of you saw the television show on MTV a few years ago about Hoover High School in Birmingham Al. but one of the stars of the show was a defensive back named Max Lerner, he is an all conference defensive back at Furman. All of the So Con ( this is what we refer to our conference as) teams will play at least one money game per year. Just some tid bits.

Our school athletic site, which is actually pretty nice, is www.gomocs.com

Also wanted to say that Chattanoogas Finley Stadium is a state of the art small college stadium, seats around 25K with sky boxes, etc. was the home of the former Div. 1AA Championship for many years. Also wanted to say, dont be surprised that Chatt. will move the ball up and down the field a little bit. They did it against Auburn, the qb at Chatt. could start anywhere in the country, he is a 5 star recruit that left Tennessee a few years back when Lane Kiffin arrived at UT. His name is BJ Coleman, he is 6"5 about 230 and rated the 17th best qb in college football in next years draft. He can sling it. His dad is a former player at Chatt. . His brother just signed with the Mocs and could have gone to much bigger schools. The nickname the Mocs, comes from an Indian Tribe from the area the Moccasin Indians. The Tennessee River runs through campus and has a big bend in the river called Moccasin Bend.

I've stayed at the cornhusker numerous times and while the embassy is nicer, the cornhusker is no slouch. Still a great location and if you have points to burn I would check there. Plus its a short walk from a real nice family lounge called the "Night Before", its a must do when in Lincoln.

HAHAHAHA!

Freaking awesome!

But I agree, it is a must do.

You gotta be some kind of hard up to go to the Night Before. There isn't anything you really want to see there. :rickjames

No problem. knapplc's quick guide to Lincoln:

Stay at the Embassy Suites or the Holiday Inn downtown. Both are mere blocks from the stadium, and there's a pretty decent tailgate in the back lot of the Embassy on gamedays that your room will give you access to. If you're staying downtown your best bets for tailgating with Husker fans, who will welcome you with open red beverage cups (it's a dry campus :rolleyes: ) will be west of the stadium under the overpass, or in the lot just north of the stadium. Lots of good folks there, very welcoming.

You'll want to eat while you're here, and you can't do better downtown than Misty's, a Friday night pre-game tradition for many Husker fans. Unfortunately the best Misty's is clear across town from where you'll stay - that's the original, where the Pep Band plays Fridays before games. There's a Misty's at 11th & P, right across the street from the Embassy, or two blocks east of Holiday Inn. The second must-go restaurant is Lazlo's at 7th & P, featuring the best pub food you'll have this lifetime and some absolutely fantastic microbrew beer. No trip to Lincoln would be complete without Misty's and Lazlo's.

For entertainment, Friday night before the game go to The Sidetrack, a truly awful, hole-in-the-wall bar with absolutely no redeeming features except for the greatest amateur band of all time. The Sidetrack Band is a living Lincoln landmark. The booze is cheap, the crowd thick, the music loud and bawdy, and it's a hell of a lot of fun. From there you can wander east down O Street and pop into any one of a dozen or more bars, all of which are reasonably similar and all of which are a lot of fun.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know.

We went to the Auburn game last year and watched Scam Newton run all over the place, sorry for the dig, but I could resist. After all, I am in the heart of Auburn country where I live here in Dothan, Al. in Southeast Alabama.

Let me go on record saying I know exactly how you feel...I'm currently in Grand Bay (Just west of Mobile) smack dab in the middle of Auburn and Alabama nuts, I mean fans...Does anyone in SEC country have more than a 5 year memory? I'm still always having to educate folks here that football was actually played before 2004. Actually, I'll admit that football wasn't actually played in Nebraska IN 2004...

Oh yeah, and we do have a Dreamland here...so if someone will hook me up with tickets, I'll bring the ribs...and some banana pudding for good measure.

I am originally from Holdrege, and can attest to the suggestions given above...I will say Misty's is a must. What I would give to be able to get a decent steak or prime rib down here in "if it lives in the gulf, eat it" country.

Are posts actually supposed to have any direction or serve a purpose? Or is rambling ok too?

I prefer the Brick Pit on Shell Rd. when in Mobile. I have eaten at the Dreamland there before. AS for the Alabama and Auburn fans, I can tolerate the Bama fans, because they indeed have a tradition. But Auburn fans disgust me. It is obviously a win at all cost attitude at Auburn. But to be honest, I would pull for Troy over Auburn or Bama any day..Take care